Alphasim/Virtavia Hawker Hunter Help

Thread: Alphasim/Virtavia Hawker Hunter Help

Alphasim/Virtavia Hawker Hunter Help

I need help or suggestions fixing the bad porpoising this plane has at altitude. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Delete it and use mine?
    I'd agree with that.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    I need help or suggestions fixing the bad porpoising this plane has at altitude. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I can't help with the Alphasim Hunter - I did own it for FS9 but gave it up as soon as I tried DG's Hunters. They were the best for FS9, they're the best for FSX, and they're all free!

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I'd agree with that.

Dave
    Where are your hunters at?

Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

+1

Let's hope Jan Kees is looking in! :-)

I have Dave's. But since there isn't a "Miss Demeanour" repaint for Dave's........I am stuck with it on the Alpha.....so I'd thought I'd ask for help. Thanks.

http://www.heritageaviation.com/wp-c...knife-edge.jpg

Is the Virtavia Hunter for FSX? I'll have a look at it and report back.

It is for FSX and even works in P3D, but it isn't half as nice As Dave's! Look at the wingtips of the Virtavia model, it is completely wrong.

Also, Dave's VC is a lot nicer!

Well, being that I work with Phil for Virtavia, you probably ought to save the sales pitch. I usually make a point of not denegrating others' work. I'd appreciate if you do the same. Maybe it's a good idea to have both in the hanger being that he already paid for one of them.

Lonewolfee, I took her up to 40k ft and did not experience any porpoising at all. Check your controller settings, perhaps it has to do with an excess of elevator input. Also make sure the aircraft.cfg says it's for FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Well, being that I work with Phil for Virtavia, you probably ought to save the sales pitch. I usually make a point of not denegrating others' work. I'd appreciate if you do the same. Maybe it's a good idea to have both in the hanger being that he already paid for one of them.

Lonewolfee, I took her up to 40k ft and did not experience any porpoising at all. Check your controller settings, perhaps it has to do with an excess of elevator input. Also make sure the aircraft.cfg says it's for FSX.
    Thanks Mal, I will check.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post

Cfg does say FSX. Controller seems to be fine considering this is the only aircraft I'm having the problem with.

Solved

mal998,

Under [Airplane Geometry]

elevator_trim_limit = was set at 5.0.

I bumped this up to 25.0 and it took care of the problem. I do like this plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    I have Dave's. But since there isn't a "Miss Demeanour" repaint for Dave's........I am stuck with it on the Alpha.....so I'd thought I'd ask for help. Thanks.

http://www.heritageaviation.com/wp-c...knife-edge.jpg
    Think you'll find there is G-PSST repaint for Dave's Hunter, it was there in fs9

Ttfn

Pete

It was done for Dave's FS9 model but I doubt it would fit the FSX version mate.. the mapping is completely different. Fuse and Wings are on 2 maps in FSX.. in FS9, they're on at 'least' 4.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It was done for Dave's FS9 model but I doubt it would fit the FSX version mate.. the mapping is completely different. Fuse and Wings are on 2 maps in FSX.. in FS9, they're on at 'least' 4.

ATB
    DaveB
    Ah, but does not the fs9 version portover or whatever you call it to X without too much
    hardship?

I'm afraid I've abandoned attempting to run X on my system. Just degenerates to a
    Stroboscopic slideshow after 5 mins of run time. Looks ok to start, and taxi out and t/o ok, but once up
    everything stops.

Ttfn

Pete

Hiya Pete

Yup.. there's no reason why it wouldn't port over.. not that I can see anyway. It may not be as frame-friendly as the native model but needs must

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0