AH is showing off on FaceBook - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AH is showing off on FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Stood in front of the Electra once owned by Jaun Trippe today at Gillespie airfield.
    Gillespie Air SHow!!!!! I was just there yesterday! Blazing hot but loads of fun! Seeing the P-38 fly was a real treat

Very difficult to please all the people all of the time. As usual, we have gone for a balanced mix of entertainment value, useability and variety. We have already been asked by many if it will have a GPS. Others have requested full navigation on NAV1 and 2 etc. We think and hope obviously, we have got the balance right in this cockpit but as with all our products, the Electra will have a patch and upgrade path and if necessary things can always change. But AH has its style and we are sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Very difficult to please all the people all of the time. As usual, we have gone for a balanced mix of entertainment value, useability and variety. We have already been asked by many if it will have a GPS. Others have requested full navigation on NAV1 and 2 etc. We think and hope obviously, we have got the balance right in this cockpit but as with all our products, the Electra will have a patch and upgrade path and if necessary things can always change. But AH has its style and we are sticking with it.
    I think a good compromise would be to have 2 models. One with an original vintage cockpit and the other with modern avionics... just a thought

That would do two things. Delay the release and increase the price. Neither of which we want to do.

That would do two things. Delay the release and increase the price. Neither of which we want to do.
    Ultimately its up to the developer. Its their "artwork", and in the end we're just lucky we'll be able to fly a quality simulation of this iconic plane

I don't understand why some simmers require that every addon have full IFR capability; particularly a vintage aircraft like this.

I have plenty of modern aircraft I can fly when I want all that.

When I want to fly a vintage type I do NOT care to see a big GPS staring at me from the panel.

As always YMMV.

I think they just want to make it easy for us to find Howard Island.

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    I don't understand why some simmers require that every addon have full IFR capability; particularly a vintage aircraft like this. I have plenty of modern aircraft I can fly when I want all that. When I want to fly a vintage type I do NOT care to see a big GPS staring at me from the panel. As always YMMV.
    He, he, that's in real life airplanes as well. I saw a person some time back who had a full IFR panel in his Kit Fox LSA full scale airplane. IMHO, that's what I would call a complete waste of money. The panel most likely cost more than the airplane.

RD

+1 for vintage gauges a la Uiver DC-2.

In the few vintage planes I have, I usually have gps as a popup gauge, so I can fly from the VC realistically, but if I need to fly an ILS because I was dumb and didn't check the weather ahead of time, I at least have the option :P of course some would call that sacrilege...

A pop-up GPS or at least a stock 2D autopilot is always a neat solution, not difficult for anybody to add to their panels and very handy if you are travelling far from home. It doesn't interfere with the look of the 3D model and you then have a choice. I too believe this one should remain faithful to the original factory aeroplane. Most classic cars are restored and run without modern equipment on the dashboard.

A pop-up GPS or at least a stock 2D autopilot is always a neat solution, not difficult for anybody to add to their panels and very handy if you are travelling far from home. It doesn't interfere with the look of the 3D model and you then have a choice. I too believe this one should remain faithful to the original factory aeroplane. Most classic cars are restored and run without modern equipment on the dashboard.
    Most modern thing in that cockpit should be a VOR Gauge :P

Icon20

This is why you dont animate pilot's eyeballs to pitch and bank...

And why you shouldnt listen to Funkadelic when you rig your pilots... or cut off their hands.

Meet some new pilots. Tristan and Roderick.

Sometimes odd things happen at AH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whatisgoingon.jpg   hitmeonetime.jpg  

OH Gawd , a John Travolta pilot with Marty Feldman eyeballs

This will be a definite buy for me.Very excited.

Anthin.

I don't know if I will be able to read the numbers on this cc by the time AH gets around to pulling the chocks out on their Beech...I've just about rubbed 'em off while waiting....ow my thumbs
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

i once sat in a closed (sort of) bar in auburn ca and drank coffee with Travolta...just he and i,the bar owner and the movie director were busy arguing.

Something new :

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Not very far away now. In final testing, a couple more liveries and she'll be ready for roll-out.

Really looking forward to this, Baz! I love those big round wooden control wheels - in the vintage aviation community, pilots always highlight their love of flying any vintage plane with the full-circle control wheels - both the look and functionality, as they provide more leverage in controlling heavy ailerons. I also really like the perfect/beautiful blend of old and new - that is what most owners like to have these days - the old look, but with modern functionality (if it was completely stock/original, you'd never see these types of planes making cross-country trips today). It's just the practical way to go. You don't always have to use the modern elements, but they're there if you need them. I also very much love that it has the same appearance/look of the restored N72GT, which, in matching fashion, has a gorgeous cockpit.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Not very far away now. In final testing, a couple more liveries and she'll be ready for roll-out.

WOOOHOOOT
    ....excellent

.."what could possibly go wrong with an old fashioned" Jim Backus in "its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World..
    I know - its a Beech 18 - but its still a great line
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Beech 18 is nice too. Here my two pictures from air show 2 weeks ago, I was here .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The screenshots of the AH Lockheed Electra Model 10 are looking superb. I can't wait to fly this wonderful bird!
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

Members who have read this thread: 2