Aircraft with external references invisible under Windows7

Thread: Aircraft with external references invisible under Windows7

SOH-CM-2023

Aircraft with external references invisible under Windows7

Hi all,

after years of abstinence from CFS2 I recently re-activated my old installs on Windows7. Once under XP I organized them as a multi-install, put most of the shared model, panel and sound files to an external directory and linked the aircraft.cfg entries to these respective sources. Now under Windows7 something strange happened. Some aircraft show up in the simulator and some do not. As soon as I put the model and panel files under the respective aircraft directory the aircraft invisible so far show up again.

I know there are a lot of threads about CFS2 under Windows7, but I did not find something like this.
    Does anybody have an idea what's at the bottom of this strange behaviour?

thanks
    Norbert

I am only Guessing Norbert, But I am thinking that your Alias Files in the panel, sound folders are not pointing to the correct panel, sound file ....ect..

The reason they would not show up is because CFS2 needs to see a Model, Panel, Sound and Texture folder.

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi Dave,

thanks for your contribution, it made me playing around again and you are right that most of the folders have to be present. In my case this holds for the model and the panel folder. If I put files with external references into these folders everything works fine. The exemption is the external sound folder. I kept the reference in the aircraft.cfg and it still works. Not only because of this it remains a strange phenomenon but also because under XP all external references in the aircraft.cfg used to work quite well in the past.

Anyway, thanks again

Norbert

Happy to help; as are all the members on this site,

Since you are just getting back into CFS2: Check out the Free Flight Site For Aircraft, Utilities, Tutorials , missions and more
    http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/default.htm

Be safe sir,

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi,

some qualifications have to be made:

1) the problem up to now only arised with the Bf 109F from Paul Rebouffat - e.g. the Bf 109F from Sky Unlimited works with "internal" references
    2) the sound-reference in the aircraft.cfg of Rebouffat's Bf 109 works only if the sound folder is present - so it seems to make no difference if this is in aircraft.cfg or the sound folder

Norbert

Members who have read this thread: 1