HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

Blog Entries
    Thought everyone would enjoy this.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsD9J1em6A

The Black Pearl firing canons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0324ZLTDA
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

You may also find the History Channel recount of the "more true" story of Bligh and Christian, their backgrounds, relationships, and left out of ship's log events recorded by another onboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od03l5hFP7k
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The 2004 NVIDA DEMO "CLEAR SAILING showed great promise..

Those P3D screenshots where it shows wave animation, does it cause the boat to pitch up and own as well?

Almost done reinstalling everything system-wise to make my simming PC functional again. Getting FSX to work again without reinstalling that was a bit of a pain; kinda lucky I have a nearly self-contained FSX install on a separate hard drive. Just needed to recreate the symbolic links, figure out how to get the proper versions of DirectX 9 and MSXML installed, and it was good to go. Now I jsut need to remember what I had Nvidia Inspector set at...

Looking forward to getting back to my BC coastal sailing trip. But I'm seriously contemplating installing P3Dv2 just for sailing. That water looks so, so nice! So back to my original question... Do the waves cause the boat to pitch up and down, or does it stay stationary (excluding the built-in pitching of the model)?
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Those P3D screenshots where it shows wave animation, does it cause the boat to pitch up and own as well?

Almost done reinstalling everything system-wise to make my simming PC functional again. Getting FSX to work again without reinstalling that was a bit of a pain; kinda lucky I have a nearly self-contained FSX install on a separate hard drive. Just needed to recreate the symbolic links, figure out how to get the proper versions of DirectX 9 and MSXML installed, and it was good to go. Now I jsut need to remember what I had Nvidia Inspector set at...

Looking forward to getting back to my BC coastal sailing trip. But I'm seriously contemplating installing P3Dv2 just for sailing. That water looks so, so nice! So back to my original question... Do the waves cause the boat to pitch up and down, or does it stay stationary (excluding the built-in pitching of the model)?
    Vehicles do not bob on the P3D wave animation, they stay in one "average" horizontal plane, sadly.

Maybe in P3D 3.0 ...
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Reminder: anyone interested in testing the final beta, please PM me or indicate here with a post. The beta will run through Thursday with a possible release this coming weekend.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Count me in again Milton.But once again it will
    have to be by email.

Anthin.

Back from camping and canoeing, would love to test the final BETA
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Back from camping and canoeing, would love to test the final BETA
    Rick
    Thanks Rick; welcome back; check your PMs.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I tested the Bounty beta 3 in the latest version of P3D v2.5 and all worked as advertised. A great endeavor on Milton and Rob's part that has been very enjoyable for me and I'm sure quite a few others. Now let's see if we can get a few 72 gun frigates modeled and tie them into the TacPack!

This may get lost in this thread, but of the folks running the latest version of P3D_V2.5. . .how many are also running FSTramp?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    This may get lost in this thread, but of the folks running the latest version of P3D_V2.5. . .how many are also running FSTramp?
    I know of one other user but will have to verify what version. I'll get back to you.

EDIT: The other user with FSTramp and has no issues on the P3D 2.4 version running the Bounty. Must be a 2.5 related issue only. Anyone else using 2.5 with FSTramp?

Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Recapping beta testers use of the Bounty in P3D as has been reported to me:

The package works with no reported issues in P3D up through v2.3.

In version 2.4 and 2.5 Tacpac must be disabled (not sure what the conflict is - could be anything)

In version 2.5, FSTramp must be disabled (again, not sure of the reasons - could be anything)

In V2.5 if FSRecorder is running, the Bounty stops sailing.

If you have experiences different than the above, please share with us.

As regards the supported sims (FS9 and FSX all versions), no issues have been reported.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I don't have FSTramp in P3D ( I tried the demo in FSX) but I would like to have it. I will download it tomorrow and try it with the Bounty Beta 3 and post my results. That is if the demo is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I don't have FSTramp in P3D ( I tried the demo in FSX) but I would like to have it. I will download it tomorrow and try it with the Bounty Beta 3 and post my results. That is if the demo is still available.
    Thanks Paul; that will be greatly appreciated. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    EDIT: The other user with FSTramp and has no issues on the P3D 2.4 version running the Bounty. Must be a 2.5 related issue only. Anyone else using 2.5 with FSTramp?
    Milton
    lol, That figures. Sometimes I wish I had kept the installer for 2.4

I know this doesn't apply here, but FWIW FSTramp, FSX Accel and the Bounty work together on my rig.

I believe Ed is referring to FSTramp interfering with P3D 2.5 and creating problems in the Bounty.

For me the "stuck in the water" issue was related to Tacpack and P3D. Once deactivated, the Bounty sails splendidly. No problems with Tacpack on in FSX.

It seems that external apps like Tacpack or FSTramp in P3D 2.5 create issues with some of the ship's gauges or whatever else. Unfortunately I can't dwelve deeper that this atm. Just happy I can ride the (P)3d waves in this beauty!

I can confirm FSTramp as a problem in relation to the Bounty gauges. After install of FSTramp in P3D v2.5 I sailed about a quarter mile and then the ship stalled dead in the water. Nothing I did would get it started again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I can confirm FSTramp as a problem in relation to the Bounty gauges. After install of FSTramp in P3D v2.5 I sailed about a quarter mile and then the ship stalled dead in the water. Nothing I did would get it started again.
    Well, that is a good confirmation for what Ed is experiencing.

Now, whether the issue is with P3D v2.5, FSTramp, or the Bounty is to be determined at some future date but your efforts here are greatly appreciated.

Thank you Paul :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, that is a good confirmation for what Ed is experiencing.
    Now, whether the issue is with P3D v2.5, FSTramp, or the Bounty is to be determined at some future date but your efforts here are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you Paul :-)
    Yep, thanks Paul. . .good news, in a way. . .at least I know now that it does show up in that combination for other users.

Recapping beta testers use of the Bounty in P3D as has been reported to me:

The package works with no reported issues in P3D up through v2.3.

In version 2.4 and 2.5 Tacpac must be disabled (not sure what the conflict is - could be anything)

In version 2.5, FSTramp must be disabled (again, not sure of the reasons - could be anything)

In V2.5 if FSRecorder is running, the Bounty stops sailing.

If you have experiences different than the above, please share with us.

As regards the supported sims (FS9 and FSX all versions), no issues have been reported.
    Just to add to the complications... I tried the beta v3 in P3D v2.4 with both tacpack and FSTramp. With the beta v2, the Bounty would move iff tacpack was disabled, and FSTramp seemed to have no impact. However, with the beta v3, the Bounty remains motionless whether tacpack is enabled or disabled. I haven't tested it yet with FSTramp disabled, but I'll do that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    Just to add to the complications... I tried the beta v3 in P3D v2.4 with both tacpack and FSTramp. With the beta v2, the Bounty would move iff tacpack was disabled, and FSTramp seemed to have no impact. However, with the beta v3, the Bounty remains motionless whether tacpack is enabled or disabled. I haven't tested it yet with FSTramp disabled, but I'll do that tonight.
    Thank you for that information. I look forward to this evening's test results.

I think this is good testimony that P3D v2.4 and v2.5 can be problematic for the Bounty depending on add-ons.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Question for beta testers using P3D

As I'm curious to the actual crosswind behaviour in P3D 2.* (whatever version), can someone please try the following ?

- Load the Bounty, and set a pure crosswind (90 degrees from the right, relative to the ship) of 25 Knots, non-gusting.
    - Set the General Realism slider in the menu fully right.
    - Open the Test window (Shift-3).
    - If not already so: set "flaps" fully up (F5), so the value of MastAngle reads -50
    - Raise the anchor, deploy all sails and let the Bounty get up to speed some 30 sec. or so..

Question-1: can you please post a screenshot of the Test window now ?

Question-2: if you set the General Realism slider fully left, does the value of RelWind change ?? (in FSX, it would become 0)

Thanks, Rob

Thank you for that information. I look forward to this evening's test results.

I think this is good testimony that P3D v2.4 and v2.5 can be problematic for the Bounty depending on add-ons.
    It looks like FSTramp is contributing to the problems with the Bounty v3 and P3D v2.4. With both FSTramp and Tacpack disabled, the Bounty moves okay. With FSTramp enabled, the Bounty did briefly move, but then came to a halt (the previous time I tried this, it didn't move at all). I also noticed that some of the sails seemed to be oscillating with FSTramp enabled but tacplack disabled, the sails in question being all the longitudinally rigged sails. I didn't notice these problems with FSTramp and the beta v2 of the Bounty, although it is possible that I didn't let the ship run for long enough, only a couple of minutes.

Members who have read this thread: 1