Always Amazed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always Amazed!

Always Amazed!

After a PM from someone concerning an old Lago Aircraft. . .I started looking for my favorite from that Company/Era. . .the AMX. I flew it in the one and only Lago Tiger Meet to be organized (I don't think there was ever a 2nd Annual event). Surprisingly in 2.5+, aside from looking dated in the VC, the AMX was up to the challenge once more. I flew it around the Pensacola area for awhile and while it was great to get back into that cockpit, what amazed me was that flying at around 400kts less than 300' above the deck, nothing was out of focus on the ground. Trees, buildings, ground textures, shadows. . .all sharp. No hiccups, no stuttering. . .nothing. . .just a smooth ride, as real as it gets. Thanks LM/P3D there's nothing else that can touch it, IMHO.

Blog Entries
    +1 Ed.

I'm pushing the envelope pretty hard with autogen tweaks and other visual enhancements in V2.5 and the sim keeps on ticking with extremely good FPS...no stutters or anomalies.

I'm flying super high definition photo real with massive autogen in high demand aircraft...no glitches. I even went to the latest NVIDIA driver for the 780 with no adverse behaviors.

All in all I'm extremely satisfied with V2.5.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Screenshots please! I loved that aircraft in the FS9 days!!!

Johan

Here's some of the VC upgrading I'm working on right now. Redoing the various displays and gauge bezels as I go. I think the difference is obvious. Those old textures were impressive when this came out. . .but not so much any more, lol.

Falcon,

If you would share your VC enhancements with us, that would be great! Brilliant even!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Falcon,
    If you would share your VC enhancements with us, that would be great! Brilliant even!
    Johan
    No problem. Right now my biggest stumbling block is locating a good view of the cockpit that isn't either the size of a postage stamp or shot at such an angle that nothing is readable. The old textures are so fuzzy that many of the labels are impossible to make out. I can reproduce the faces but how to label them is the problem.

Hi Ed,

Will these help? https://www.google.be/search?q=AMX+C...H&ved=0CCMQsAQ

BTW, I've found my installer and have the files standing by!!

EDIT: I forgot how much fun there is to this bird!!

Still quite a few things to sort out: glass textures, HUD and so forth, but this really is a nice little scooter!!

Johan
    Last edited by Dumonceau; April 26th, 2015 at 04:31.

The last thing I need to locate is a close up of the NDE Panel (the one with the circular buttons (top left). I know there are numbers and symbols on those keys but I have not yet found a shot that's close enough and without a glare in that area that shows what's on them. I'm almost done with the main panel. . .I only have the gauge bezels to redo and then try to do something with the side panels to make them look better. After that, the VC will be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    The last thing I need to locate is a close up of the NDE Panel (the one with the circular buttons (top left). I know there are numbers and symbols on those keys but I have not yet found a shot that's close enough and without a glare in that area that shows what's on them. I'm almost done with the main panel. . .I only have the gauge bezels to redo and then try to do something with the side panels to make them look better. After that, the VC will be complete.
    Update: found a way to read the text I needed on the Data Entry module so it's on to the individual gauge bezels now.

Great news! I'm very curious about what you will do to the VC!! (and the glass, and the HUD...)

Great news! I'm very curious about what you will do to the VC!! (and the glass, and the HUD...)
    Everything in the VC (main panel) is being redrawn. . .the side panels are nonfunctional but I am trying to find suitable replacement textures for the poor/low res textures currently in use. As a texture artist I know how I would shoot cockpits for future use in the sim but the average Joe simply shoots 3/4 views or artsy fartsy style images of average resolution, neither of which hold up under enlargement nor can anything significant be read. . .basically worthless except to document a cockpit. Because of that, top down photos of side panels in Hi Res and correct lighting are impossible to find, so I must locate individual or paired up modules of the correct type and that can be manipulated as little as possible to render a decent result. It will take longer to find those parts than it has for me to redraw the entire front panel.

Also understand, nothing in the cockpit will be functional, this is an FS9 aircraft so you either have to use the 2D panel to perform various functions or build a PopUp to do the same. I have no idea why the HUD readout doesn't appear in the VC, there is a window for it. . .but for whatever reason it refuses to show. So for my part the HUD remains blank. I don't have a glass issue so I'm not sure what problem you're having.

Should you need info, Avialogs has the full Flight Manual available...

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en.../2241todo.html

Johan,

Compare the current state of my VC to the original you have. Coming along well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Should you need info, Avialogs has the full Flight Manual available...
    http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en.../2241todo.html
    Thanks Dino,

I've already spotted several labels that I missed because the letters were hard to read on the original textures and I couldn't find close-ups of those areas. Excellent reference, so thanks very much!

Johan,

Compare the current state of my VC to the original you have. Coming along well!
    WOW Falcon, that is AWESOME!!!! Not wanting to be a pain, but do you plan on adding a HUD?

You just made me ruin my keyboard though... The drool!

Johan
    Last edited by Dumonceau; May 1st, 2015 at 05:50. Reason: oversight

WOW Falcon, that is AWESOME!!!! Not wanting to be a pain, but do you plan on adding a HUD?

You just made me ruin my keyboard though... The drool!

Johan
    Johan I was able to get the FA-18 HUD that's widely used to show up so it does have a HUD now. I'll be finished with this possibly this weekend and I'll zip everything up and send you a link to try it out.

Johan I was able to get the FA-18 HUD that's widely used to show up so it does have a HUD now. I'll be finished with this possibly this weekend and I'll zip everything up and send you a link to try it out.
    Falcon, you DA MAN!!!

I'll be honoured to be your betatester!!!

Thanks a million mate!

Johan

I took a good look at the canopy glass and it was a bit dark so I did some variations.

Hi Ed,

Just did a short testhop, and your VC textures and panel.cfg are just brilliant! Can I take an option on the lighter canopy textures as well??

Incredible really, that a model of this age can still look so good in a modern sim!

BTW, I swapped the engine sounds for those of the RAZBAM A-7E. They share the same engine. TF-41 = Rolls Royce Spey.

Thanks again, really highly appreciated Ed!

Johan

Some shots of the progress made by Falcon!

Johan

Johan,

Here's a replacement texture for the canopy glass.

Thanks Falcon! Check your pm's mate!

BTW, can you tell me which gauge in the Vc is the MFD? I'd like to swap it for the T-45C MFD!

Johan

Thanks Falcon! Check your pm's mate!

BTW, can you tell me which gauge in the Vc is the MFD? I'd like to swap it for the T-45C MFD!

Johan
    In the panel.cfg file under [Vcockpit04], it's gauge01=Lago_AMX\amx!Comnav.
    Also checked the PM, got it, works perfectly, big thanks!

In the panel.cfg file under [Vcockpit04], it's gauge01=Lago_AMX\amx!Comnav.
    Also checked the PM, got it, works perfectly, big thanks!
    You're welcome mate! Now lets see if I can swap that MFD!

And this is what she looks like with some new (worn) paint slapped on!

Johan

Members who have read this thread: 1