Project Cars gone gold!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Cars gone gold!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Project Cars gone gold!

Steam release on may 7th, boxed set depending on your location:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

hmmmm when i posted similar..they said the boxed would be way out...i hope it will be available soon for me...

im really looking forward to it..i cant sign in to steam on this PC for some reason...now that the router issue is fixed.im going to try again today.

advice?....which version will be better?..steam? or the boxed?..i prefer boxed,but steam has automatic updates.....

I suspect that both versions are identical and will run through Steam anyway.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I suspect that both versions are identical and will run through Steam anyway.

how would the boxed version run through steam?......have to have steam to activate?..flies not there that steam has?...that confuses me...if the box depends on steam..then steam is the way to go from the get-go

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    how would the boxed version run through steam?......have to have steam to activate?
    Yep. I would look for the cheapest option, sometimes boxsets are cheaper than the online Steam version.

It's released!!

Damn missed this, sitting in my Steam account waiting to be downloaded

Glad I checked my Steam library a couple of days ago, you could download it ahead of time, but wouldn't unlock until the 7th, worked out great too! Love the detail I've seen so far.

Firstly good looking game.

Secondly, where are screenshots kept on the system?

If you have the Steam version, it will be in the Steam folder where your other screenshots are. I didn't see any in the Documents/pCars file.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have over the last three years of testing!

Its been fun so far Ferry! I'm enjoying it! Sure can't go by the whiners on the Steam forum, half the stuff they are crying about can be adjusted in the sim itself. Instead of doing that, they just cry like a bunch of little kids!

And the other half crying probably have never driven a car in real-life..

All physics have been tested by (Amongst others) Ben Collins, a former racing driver better known as Top Gear's Stig #2, yet people still complain about realism..

Or they dare to complain about the physics while playing the game on a console with a controller, not a steering wheel....

Takes all kinds I guess! I want to see them design the perfect driving sim, doubt we would live long enough to see that though!

Visuals are stunning, Brands Hatch indie circuit.

Just have to get my wheel set up right as lacking a little feel compared to AC.

It's a pity you can only have 1 customer livery per car, hopefully this will change.

is Ganassi's Telmex 01 car in this sim (its not a game to me)? Pruitt is a neighbor of mine,he built his house on the same plot that my buddy Steve Bast lived for along time,,,he and his brother dominated flat track speedway racing on the west coast for many years..Mike was 7 time national champ,and Steve was a two time world champ,and the first american to win thhe championship in Australia.

Nice shots Noddy!

Not sure if this is covered in the manual, but if you press control+K you can use the numpad keys 1,3,7 and 9 to tilt the camera and zoom in and out. :-)

Dlc ?

hi all,will the DLC stuff be like they are for assetto corsa and trains 2015 ? i still cant get my stuff into the train 15 sim..i download it,and i think i was doing it right (correctly) but they never show up..same with assetto corsa...nothing shows up....how do you do it correctly?

If you are using Steam Dave, they add the dlc automatically. If you have a different version then Steam, really can't say.

well yeah in steam..but ive bought a couple of "off site" locomotives from the train2015,but i cant get them into the game..or steam..they say the files are ready to install

Members who have read this thread: 0