Errors with Pearl Harbor Project 1

Thread: Errors with Pearl Harbor Project 1

Errors with Pearl Harbor Project 1

Hello all.

I have installed the first PHP Scenery. But every time, when I want to start flying I became the errors, that following files are missing in the library.

ah_grummanf3f.3
    af_blkhseadd_1stry_15x15
    lw_building_d3
    lw_wharf_section_d1
    lw_wharf_endcap_d1
    lw_generic_broadleaf_d1
    lw_barracks_d5
    lw_tower1_d1
    lwd_generic_03
    lwd_palm_04
    lw_generic_d1
    lw_coconut_palm_d3
    lw_barracks_d2
    lw_hanger_sqr_05_d1
    lw_radio_building_d1
    lw_barracks_d1
    lw_coconut_palm_d1
    lw_hanger_sqr_04_d1
    lw_wharf_ramp_d1

After these error-messages the scenery loads. But there are no ships. I downloaded the phpships file and copied the included files.

How I can fix that?

"Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you.
    But there are still missing files:

lwd_generic_03
    lwd_palm_04

And when I want to start the tour of harbor-mission:

runway2a_mat_sq
    sha_california
    Sha_california

And still the ships.

there is another set of LW objects that you'll need.

http://mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/...ee_library.zip

try that for the LWD trees.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Benny....

...the USS California and the USS Tennessee were same class type ships. Simple way is to copy\rename\SHA Tennessee to SHA California and you have it. Make sure all the proper changes to .dp etc are made.

Okay. thanks.

Now the mission works. But I still get the error that the "runway2a_mat_sq" is missing.

And how I use the scenery with ships in Combat training?
    Last edited by bennymaeker; April 2nd, 2015 at 11:26.

Benny...

...FIY on this, but if you open up the folder PHP2. missions, there is a file in there titled ships which has all the ships called for in it. Ca't find that runway 2a though.

But these missions are for PHP2 and not PHP1. And which file do you mean?

I have the zip file. Can you describe me exactly what I need to do, please?

The "runway2a_mat_sq" is part of the stock "runways.bgl" which is in the Scenedb/Runways folder. If you are getting the error message it is missing, then either your bgl is corrupted or for some reason is not in that folder. It is stock so you can replace it from your CFS2 CD disk.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Benny...

...since you have the zip, open the file, in it is a filer named PHP2 Pearl Harbor missions, dbl click on it and you will have a bunch of folders. Included in there is a zipfile named "ships" , open it and you will have some more PHP ships including the California and Tennessee ..

Capt.......

...THIS question is for you because now I am confused. Which .BGL would that be in, the "allrunways.bgl" or "runways.bgl"? . I ask because I believe in one of the field updates the Read-me had me remove those BGL's and there was no replacement in the download for the "allrunways" only the "runways.bgl" and I still can't find runway2a_mat_sq in any of my installs. .

Hello. I copied the runways.bgl from the CD.....still the error message......after that I copied the two other files in runways folder (allrunways.bgl and ALLRUN_1.BGL) and deleted the filelist-file.......still the error

And I copied the ships in the ships folder, but what I must do to see the ships in Combat training (because I have the german Game I know it as "Gefechtsübung") like in the "tour of harbor-mission"?

Benny....

..I presently do not have that loaded in my game, however,reading through the "READ-ME" it directs you to "Add these entries to mdlnames.txt, which is in the CFS2 root directory". Did you do that, as well as place the file in Scenerydb and then your activate the scenery from there?

Benny and Fibber

Bennymaker
    The problem you are having is related to the mission file "Tour of the Harbor". I have it but I don't know where it came from. It is NOT part of the PHP2 project missions.

I opened it in MB and it is a mess. It is not compatible with the PHP scenery. It has building in the middle of the harbor, carriers on top of each other, stock runway models stuck in wrong places - and one of them is the offending "runway2a_mat_sq" which is actually listed as a model in the mis file. That is not how a mis file would normally show a stock runway model. Maybe it was a modified model bgl file included as part of the original package?

I deleted the runway 2a but the mission will still not work as it says it is not formatted correctly. I'm not going to go to the trouble of figuring out why as it's not worth the trouble. Don't bother with this mission. I've removed it from my Pearl Harbor Scenarios. See if the rest of the PHP2 missions run OK. BTW You might want to add my American Missions for PHP - Dec. 7th, 1941 mission package which covers the American side of of the PHP2 campaign. It's available here.

FIbber
    I don't know where you saw the advice to remove the allrunways and runway bgls. They are used in MB as models to place a runway where there are no airfields. You don't really need them in most cases. Some older missions used them as well as some older airfield add-ons, but with all of the new fields available as add-ons now I don't think you will find much need for them. But at the same time, I don't see any reason to bother removing them, either.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Capt.....

...(if you will pardon the pun " I will fly by the seat of my pants..." here, I cannot recall from where I read that but I think it may have to be with the Sdc landclass etc. Not sure so I won't swear by it but will go through the read-me's and find it. Believe me if it wasn't read somewhere I wouldn't be doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ..I presently do not have that loaded in my game, however,reading through the "READ-ME" it directs you to "Add these entries to mdlnames.txt, which is in the CFS2 root directory". Did you do that, as well as place the file in Scenerydb and then your activate the scenery from there?
    Hello. In my mdlnames.txt I found that entry:

"runway2a_mat_sq"=Einfache Stahlmattenpiste 1325m mit quadratischem Ende

(I have the german game, because I'm german)

When I understand it right its not possible to load the PHP scenery with ships in quick combat.

Members who have read this thread: 0