Create>Standard Primitives>Sphere suddenly stops working...

Thread: Create>Standard Primitives>Sphere suddenly stops working...

Create>Standard Primitives>Sphere suddenly stops working...

I was building a simple boat-hulled seaplane and, having the lower hull done, I wanted to add some superstructure. I tried to create a simple 12-segment sphere. I click and drag and nothing happens. None of the Shapes in the Create menu will work. I opened a new doc. and they work fine. I opened a plane model done a few days ago, and they work fine. The problem is in this model. What might account for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S9iGe3.jpg  
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Create your sphere in one of the orthogonal views – Top. Left, Back etc – or use the Keyboard creation panel. Gmax is funny that way as soon as you've got some other geometry in your scene.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2023
    Looks as if you need to specify a radius in the RH column, you have the 12 faces selected. Make the radius large enough to see as it will self locates at the 0,0, point, you can then move using the mouse & change the radius in the RH column if you need to.
    HTH
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Looks as if you need to specify a radius in the RH column, you have the 12 faces selected.
    That did it! Thanks.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Members who have read this thread: 0