USS Enterprise CV6 for AI Carriers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USS Enterprise CV6 for AI Carriers

USS Enterprise CV6 for AI Carriers

I am trying to convert the pilotable USS Enterprise CV6 to AI carriers. I had one reply on another thread and the suggestion did not work.

I use to have it in the SHIFT + J menu and now it doesn't even show there.

I put this in the CV-68 69 cfg file, It use to show up in the menu (I also had this entry in the aicarriers.cfg)

[formation.42]
    title=USS Enterprise CV6
    unit.0=CV6, 0, 0,

This is my sim.cfg entry

fltsim.0]
    title=CV6
    model=
    texture=

========================================
    [General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]
    static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
    static_cg_height=0.00 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 30
    acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 0.3, 0.3 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    SternPosition = 70

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_l
    water=fx_spray

In the BOATS section I have a folder named CV6

The texture and model folders are there (Under the CV6 folder)

I'm not sure the exact title since I don't have it but try USS enterprise cv6 in the sim config that's where I messed up before

Try [fltsim.0]
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Don't know if it's just a typo in the post, but there should be a [ before the fltsim.0] entry, i.e. [fltsim.0]
    Also, try removing the final comma in the unit.0 line of the AICarriers entry so it reads

[formation.42]
    title=USS Enterprise CV6
    unit.0=CV6, 0, 0

Why not head over to SimV and search for these packages:

FSX Battle of Midway Yanco San USNAVY Aircrafts Carriers and Ships Package

FSX Battle of Midway Yanco San IJN Aircrafts Carriers and Ships

FSX Battle of Coral Sea Yanco San USNAVY Aircrafts Carriers and Ships

FSX Battle of Coral Sea Yanco San IJN Aircrafts Carriers and Ships

They are in the FSX/Misc. section. In the US Navy package you will get Enterprise, Hornet and Yorktown, and in Coral Sea you get Lady Lex.
    I can also post my AiCarriers configs for both USN and IJN for both Coral Sea and Midway task forces if you want them.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

I found some helpful info here on another older thread where somebody else had same issue. Any way, thanks for the responses.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...I-Carriers-cfg

There is one small issue, There were some smoke and light effects that would of been added to the effects folder. I put them there but no smoke nor lights.
    I added the effects to the sim.cfg file thinking that would work, but it didn't. Oh well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Why not head over to SimV and search for these packages:

FSX Battle of Midway Yanco San USNAVY Aircrafts Carriers and Ships Package

FSX Battle of Midway Yanco San IJN Aircrafts Carriers and Ships

FSX Battle of Coral Sea Yanco San USNAVY Aircrafts Carriers and Ships

FSX Battle of Coral Sea Yanco San IJN Aircrafts Carriers and Ships

They are in the FSX/Misc. section. In the US Navy package you will get Enterprise, Hornet and Yorktown, and in Coral Sea you get Lady Lex.
    I can also post my AiCarriers configs for both USN and IJN for both Coral Sea and Midway task forces if you want them.

Joe
    Joe,

I sent you a PM, I would like the recipe on how to set up the Yanko Enterprise. So far, I have the prewar texture but when I add the 1942 texture,

It takes me to the prewar texture.

This is my AIcarriers cfg entry

[formation.5]
    title=Enterprise Yanco Prewar
    unit.0=VEH_Enterprise_yanco_CV6AI, 0, 0

[formation.6]
    title=Enterprise Yanco 1942
    unit.0=VEH_Enterprise_yanco_CV6AI, 0, 0

The sim.cfg:

[fltsim.0]
    title=VEH_Enterprise_yanco_CV6AI
    model=
    texture=prewar

[fltsim.1]
    model=VEH_Enterprise_yanco_CV6AI
    texture=1942

[General]
    category=Boat

[contact_points]
    static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
    static_cg_height=0.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph = 50
    acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    SternPosition = 50

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_l

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks.

BTW, These are nice carrier textures!!!

PM sent. If you need the sim cfg's from my setup just let me know and i'll zip them up and post them in this thread.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

PM sent. If you need the sim cfg's from my setup just let me know and i'll zip them up and post them in this thread.

Joe
    Read your PM, Thanks for the info. What I would like more detail/info on is how to add both enterprise textures prewar/1942 to AI carriers.

I'd also like that zip file you mentioned. Appreciate it and thanks.

I posted my sim.cfg ^ for your edit.

The sim.cfg:

[fltsim.0]
    model=
    texture=prewar <<<< I can get the prewar texture

[fltsim.1]
    model=VEH_Enterprise_yanco_CV6AI
    texture=1942 <<<< This entry as is does not show the 1942 texture, in fact when I pick it on the menu, I get the prewar texture instead (It ignores this one for some reason).

Here are my sim.cfg's for Enterprise, Hornet, Lexington and Yorktown. You will need to edit the wake effects to an effect you have in your sim. Mine use a payware effect that I like better than the stock. Also I have adjusted the speed of the ship and the static_cg_height. You can adjust these to your liking or keep them, but if you use them in a taskforce or convoy they will lag behind as they are slower.

To use the prewar textures you need to use the title name from my cfg's and set that in the aicarriers cfg.

Yanco_US Carriers.zip

Joe

Here are my sim.cfg's for Enterprise, Hornet, Lexington and Yorktown. You will need to edit the wake effects to an effect you have in your sim. Mine use a payware effect that I like better than the stock. Also I have adjusted the speed of the ship and the static_cg_height. You can adjust these to your liking or keep them, but if you use them in a taskforce or convoy they will lag behind as they are slower.

To use the prewar textures you need to use the title name from my cfg's and set that in the aicarriers cfg.

Yanco_US Carriers.zip

Joe

Thanks Joe, that worked perfect!

I had this working last night but I went about it the hard way i.e., I made two separate and different named folders and populated them with their own unique files.
    I looked at your sim.cfg and it looks like I was close to what you have, it was the different name in the TITLE= that had me stymied.
    I kept looking at the sim.cfg file and wondered, what name or how am I going to make this one sim.cfg work with two different textures.
    I studied the anatomy of the enterprise and nimitz and they have zillions of textures yet use only one sim.cfg and after seeing them, I wondered how or what
    name do I use for the second TITLE= for the 1942 texture. I guess when you have more then one texture and use just one sim.cfg, the TITLE= name can be
    anything you want as long as it is the same name that you use in the AI carriers.cfg file.

Here is a pic of both the sim and ai carriers.cfg files and I underlined in red and yellow the areas that must have the same name. That is where I was confused from the start.

I'm following in your wake with the Yanco carriers, but where do fx_wake_kingeorgeand fx_spray_kingeorge come from, please?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I'm following in your wake with the Yanco carriers, but where do fx_wake_kingeorgeand fx_spray_kingeorge come from, please?

I really enjoy these yanco series Essex class carriers, They have animated radar, the smoke animates from the stack and there is even an animated LSO at the fantail to guide your landing.

They come in three flavors, Enterprise, intrepid and Hornet.

King George is payware.

I used:

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_carrier
    water=fx_spray
    wake = fx_US_Enterprise_Yanco_Wakensmoke

The last entry makes smoke for the smokestack

USS Hornet 1942

USS Enterprise CV6 On Approach

Recovery Complete USS Enterprise CV6

Thanks. I've tried wakensmoke and it seems to do the job.

They come from the DeltaSim HMS King George V. You can use any wake effect you may have in your effect's folders.
    I just happen to like this effect on my WW2 carriers.

Joe

Thank you.

Steaming

USS Hornet (1942) "Steaming"

Thank you.
    Why, you are very welcome....

Now, I wish there were a couple of period correct AI aircraft to put on board them.

The other yanco ships (US) I will add one at a time and slowly integrate them with the carriers.

They come from the DeltaSim HMS King George V. You can use any wake effect you may have in your effect's folders.
    I just happen to like this effect on my WW2 carriers.

Joe
    Hey Joe,

Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of those yanco ships. They did a nice job on all of them.
    I like 'em all a lot.

I'm pretty sure the FS9 version included some ai. It might be worth downloading it into a dummy FS9 install and seeing what can be extracted and used in FSX. There's also a Yanco FSX Hornet at SimV which has a mention of SBDs on deck.

Now another thing. As downloaded, the Yancos have an asSim.cfg but no Sim.cfg. I'm happy enough renaming the asSim to keep it out of the way and using your Sims, but what's the difference?

Now another thing. As downloaded, the Yancos have an asSim.cfg but no Sim.cfg. I'm happy enough renaming the asSim to keep it out of the way and using your Sims, but what's the difference?
    What I did was rename the aasim (dropped the two a's in front) and used that.

Don't know why it was named that way.

Blog Entries

Catapult aunch location?

So as usual, I'm late to this part. And worse yet, I'm looking to use the Hornet outside of the intended WWII context ... as a Korean War carrier stand-in. Yes, I know it's not an Essex-class boat ... I appreciate the lovely modelling detail and performance of the Yanco carriers - I don't care if you judge me ...

So having fixed the wake, speed, it's working quite nicely along the USS Fletcher and the UH-51 plane guard - and the wires trap perfectly. But is there not working catapults on this model? I've slewed and taxied the length and breadth of the forward third of the deck ... to no avail. Am I missing something?

thanks,

dl

Think it's an FS9 model DL so no built in cats. Need to use Rob B's RBCO gauge or natural brute force (I do with WWII and pre war planes) to launch. If you are in Korea era check out beautiful Valley Forge in the library here converted to FSX by Lazerus.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1