High Resolution Static Reticle Files

Thread: High Resolution Static Reticle Files

High Resolution Static Reticle Files

I decided to make static versions of all the dynamic reticles I've been working on. Once the upload is approved they will be available here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=13&linkid=19482

I'll reissue the final version as a kit to make them dynamic reticle installs once AnKor's latest shader mod is ready to be published.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Oops missed this post somehow, thanks MM! :0)
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

This is great! Wich type of reticle should I use for the french A/Cs?

Excellent question. I'll have to do some more research...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Excellent work...thanks!

Okay, I found a reference for the French OPL gunsight used in the D.520, so I can get a couple of variations made up.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I'll make High Resolution ones for the French Aircraft Dynamic Reticles when they're released, but there are already some pretty decent static ones in the DR_Gunsights collection.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Here's a static version of the French OPL 31 Gunsight Reticle.

French_OPL_31.zip
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

MajorMagee,
    Thank you for this file .
    Is there a tool that one can use in order to find all of a certain .dds file and make sure there are no other duplicates in the game that could interfer?

I use the "search" feature in MS Windows explorer...open the CFS3 install root folder wherever it is located on your hard drive...in the upper right, type in the title of the .dds you are searching for (for example, "bombs_us.dds") and then enter. You may be surprised how many duplicate textures will appear - you can then select each file to determine it's location in your CFS3 install folder, and remove or rename it after you verify it is not needed. Hope this helps...

Yes, I will check-it out. Again

Thanks major! just missed something up here

Doing some spring cleaning there are a lot of duplicate files; found two versions of reticle_gr.dds.
    Searching for the most likely reticle type to replace axis (german) reticle and found this site: http://gunsight.jp/b/english/data/sight-eg.htm

I just got around to taking a quick look. A couple comments as I've been looking into improved reticles as well in the past:

1. I don't think the Italian sight is correct. What we have in our aircraft are San Giorgio Tipo B and Tipo C, which have two different types of reticle. The G.55 comes with a correct Tipo C. I made a Tipo B for the earlier planes, but didn't quite finish it, but it shows up in my CR.42 pics from testing. As far as I can tell, the two small white rings as you have and in MAW were more or less a fixed decal added to the glass as a backup, though I stuggle to understand how this would have been useful.

2. Can you explain the variations of British reticles? I've seen most before (but not the PRU) but I've never been able to figure out what should be used where. I thought most british fighters used the same sight.

Yes, I did not have any references for the Italian sights, and just used the shape that I found in the game already. If you have something more appropriate I can use as a pattern to follow I can do another one.

Most of the British reflector sights ended up being used in US aircraft early in the war, and that's the only references I found for what they even looked like. As far as a British source for what was officially used in which specific aircraft I never found anything.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Here's a high resolution version of the Italian G55 static reticle.

Italian_SanGiorgio_Reticle.zip
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank you,
    Why is the background so yellowish?

That's an artifact of how the Dynamic Reticles need to be structured. It will still look fine when used as a static one.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I found a reference for the Tipo B and C reticles, so I've added those as static ones too.

Italian_SanGiorgio_Reticle.zip
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0