Wozza's AT6G? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wozza's AT6G?

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Martin, Thanks for the feedback.

Your thoughts on landing are probably correct. It's probably too gentle. Just curious if all of your realism sliders full right, for P-Factor/Torque ?

- Joseph
    Just gone and had a look and yes, everything is over to the right as per normal. Can't see any point of the sliders being to the left as its meant to be a simulator!

I have a lot of experience in T-6s, all from the backseat and been around them for over 25 years. Flown in most variants (Harvards of various marks, T-6Gs, SNJs), but not for some reason a stock AT-6. One of the Harvards, a MK.4 was a Reno Racer in the 1970s called 'Super Slug' N13631. Was Editor of a European T-6 magazine for 4 years and then European Correspondent for NATA for 11 years. Researched over 65 individual histories and 5 British T-6s are flying in my schemes. Last year added two more to the list and looking forward to another two this year.

And experienced the dreaded ground loop!

Best wishes,

Martin

I had figured you had significant experience

Any advice would be considered, if we ever decided to update the package.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Hm. Couldn't find the release thread for the racer models, so here's a bit of necromancy.

I flew the T6 yesterday for a bit, but had difficulties starting it. No ignition; had to use CTRL+E in the end.

Tried going all manual for the last 45 minutes or so, but the bloody engine just won't ignite. Did everything by the checklists, did everything by Wozza's original readme, did everything by posts I've found across the web. Nothing. Nada.

1. Battery, generator, avionics switch
    2. Throttle to ~11%, mixture 100%, prop 0%
    3. Fuel selector to Center2 (fuel level at 100%)
    4. Pump until I have 3 psi(?)
    5. Prime about 8 or 10 times (cold&dark, ~10°C CHT)
    6. Magnetos to "Both"
    7. Push starter button (or press the key combination that I use for the starter)

I'm expecting ignition, but get nothing except for a bit of spinning. As I've said, CTRL+E works at that point.

Looking at the VC model's XML stuff with ModelConverterX, the starter only seems to set the simulation variable for the magnetos to "4",which I assume is "Ignition" for a piston aircraft.
    I did the math for my situation according to the XML code for the fuel system and it all works out with 5 priming shots to set everything to "true".

Something that's needed for FSX piston aircraft startup isn't being set by the T-6's systems. But what...?

(Darn "edit post" bug...)

Finally got it started, thanks to monitoring the system's L:vars.

(At 10°C OAT/CHT)
    1. Throttle closed
    2. Mixture full rich
    3. Fuel selector to "RES ON"
    4. Magnetos to "BOTH"
    5. Fuel pressure at least 1.5 psi
    6. Prime once or twice (didn't need more)
    7. Push starter button

Thanks Bjoern for that summary.
    I also had a lot of troubles starting that plane. The thing is: it won't start until all the parameters are exactely where they are expected to be, and this can be frustrating at times...

Hi, I just tried this plane and i loved it, without no doubt the best t-6 avaliable. I would like to know if the paint kit is avaliable for downoload somewhere, I did not find it in avsim. I am planning to make repaints for south american Texans. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0