FSX_Milviz_US_ARMY_QF-86.zip

Thread: FSX_Milviz_US_ARMY_QF-86.zip

FSX_Milviz_US_ARMY_QF-86.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Cold War

Description: QF-86E (EX-RCAF CL-13A Mk5 23190), US Army Test and Evaluation, Holloman AFB, New Mexico. In the early 1970s Flight Systems, Inc. purchased 55 ex-RCAF Canadair CL-13 Sabre Mk5s under contract with the US Army to be converted to remotely controlled drones. These drones were to be used mainly for missile and radar test purposes. Conversion of these aircraft began in 1975 at the Mohave, Ca. facility of Flight Systems. The Army designated these aircraft as F-86E's. The Mk5 Sabres were essentially an E fuselage mated with the 6-3 hard wing with wing fences, and powered by the Orenda 10 engine as opposed to the J-47. These aircraft retained their RCAF tail numbers for official records and visual ID. However, before drone conversion and sale to the Army, each aircraft was registered with the FAA and received an official "N" number. The "N" numbers were a formality and not used on the aircraft. Model and Paintkit by MilViz. Repaint by Steve Bryant.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX_Milviz_US_ARMY_QF-86.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Duckie, great work on this. Im especially appreciative of the metal work to show scrubbing off of the Canadian roundels.

Question, did you find that paint kit hard to work with? I did.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Duckie, great work on this. Im especially appreciative of the metal work to show scrubbing off of the Canadian roundels.
    Thanks very much Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Question, did you find that paint kit hard to work with? I did.

Eric
    Well, it took me a while to figure out all the special spec and reflective layers. Once I did that the biggest PITA is the total number of layers. I've done some combining, like all the B/W stenciling and a few other things, and even with that it is still very time consuming moving around among the layers. But its a very detailed paint kit and I'd rather have that than not.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 0