There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 28
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Just want to thank the following for doing the hard work of beta testing. Some reporting was very detailed, thorough, and refreshingly honest. I appreciate all the time you guys invested. We are trying to correct, modify, and improve on the things we can.

Beta team:

Blackbird686, Fredem, Wing_Z, LemonAidrinker, Expat, ematheson, Tonijh, Hurrican91, Tom Clayton, Sasha, WND plus the development team Nigel, Wellis, Rui, Spokes2112
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Just finishing up work on the 2D panel for those who use it while I await other changes to be completed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panel2d.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, all the hard work is done and final beta just released. Lots of improvements throughout yielding a much nicer overall package and some great new gauges and features.

I would like to again thank the beta team for the extraordinary work done to shake out the packages. Greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-15-020.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-19-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-19-026.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Those look amazing! I'll have to fly one of these out of Nanaimo , BC as soon as they're released. Assuming I don't have to wait for the FSX port over. If I do, well, I know what to look forward to. Nice work everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Well, all the hard work is done and final beta just released. Lots of improvements throughout yielding a much nicer overall package and some great new gauges and features.

I would like to again thank the beta team for the extraordinary work done to shake out the packages. Greatly appreciated.
    A beautiful job Milton.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Those look amazing! I'll have to fly one of these out of Nanaimo , BC as soon as they're released. Assuming I don't have to wait for the FSX port over. If I do, well, I know what to look forward to. Nice work everyone.
    Sundog,

The FSX and FS9 versions have been developed, tested, and will be released concurrently.

You can expect release this weekend, either Friday or Sunday depending on the current testing results.
    I will be out of town Friday afternoon through Late Saturday night so just before I leave, or after I return.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    A beautiful job Milton.
    Thank you Ed. For those of you running P3D, I expect no issues with releases to 1.4. Releases 2-2.4 will experience the typical issues.
    There has been no testing from 2.5 upwards.

FSX DX10 users will have to try it out to see how it looks.
    Our testing has been in FSX Accel.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just playing around here. Tested an engine failure seconds after liftoff (50' above ground). Was able to climb out per specs, make the circuit and land safely without further issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-20-004.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

there are a screenshot of two Mallards I repainted in my house colors "Air Brittany" just to say Thank You to Milton and his crew for this fine bird

Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    there are a screenshot of two Mallards I repainted in my house colors "Air Brittany" just to say Thank You to Milton and his crew for this fine bird

Papi
    Wow! Papi, they look great! Hopefully they will be shared with the rest of us mere mortals. :-)))

Thank you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...Air Brittany

Allright Milton,

the repaint Air Brittany for the Grumman Mallard Clasic has been posted.
    If the is interest I will also post the repaint for the modern variant.
    Thank you Again Milton not to forget those who still fly with good old FS2004.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Allright Milton,

the repaint Air Brittany for the Grumman Mallard Clasic has been posted.
    If the is interest I will also post the repaint for the modern variant.
    Thank you Again Milton not to forget those who still fly with good old FS2004.
    Thank you Michael; that is greatly appreciated.

I intend to release the turboprop Mallard package this evening for both FS9 and FSX.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Geezz, I remember the very first post about the development of the Mallard... She certainly has come a long way.

I was up in the venerable Beech D-18 Amphibian... (Yeah.. I still have that one too) the other morning. For some reason I think an "Airmen Beans" paint for the Mallard would be pretty slick. Probably the radial engine version tho... The turboprop version... well, maybe. The turboprop Mallard reminds me more of something like "Quebec Island Fishing Expeditions" or "Southern Ocean Exploration". She certainly looks nice in the Pearl Aviation scheme, IMO.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Geezz, I remember the very first post about the development of the Mallard... She certainly has come a long way.

I was up in the venerable Beech D-18 Amphibian... (Yeah.. I still have that one too) the other morning. For some reason I think an "Airmen Beans" paint for the Mallard would be pretty slick. Probably the radial engine version tho... The turboprop version... well, maybe. The turboprop Mallard reminds me more of something like "Quebec Island Fishing Expeditions" or "Southern Ocean Exploration". She certainly looks nice in the Pearl Aviation scheme, IMO.

BB686
    Tom, I loved that Airmen Beans paint scheme. LOL I agree, I think you are on it.

Preparing the packages for upload now; will be about 2 hours or so.

Showing off some of wellis', Nigel's and Manecas' interior and stairs textures here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-13-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-19-017.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-19-021.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-21-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-21-011.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Mallard Turboprop has been uploaded. I will start a new thread for the release.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and support for the team as we put all the pieces together.

We hope you enjoy it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

thanks a lot !!!
    Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak
    for your incredible good job.I am very excited.

I really love this plane.

the first Mallard TP Milton send to its Beta Team for first tests was EFIS equipped. This may not be an historic fact and the screen was soon replaced by analogic instruments, but, as you fly a Mallard TP, you may want to upgrade your plane :

The EFIS screen is the Default Beech 350's one. But you can replace by any instrument you want !

In the panel folder find the panel.cfg file.

in the [Window00] section, juste change the

gauge31=BB!Attitude Indicator, 793,711,148,128 line

by

gauge31=KingAir!Attitude, 793,711,148,128

and in the [Vcockpit01] section change the

gauge47=BB!Attitude Indicator, 513,232,240,224 line

by

gauge47=KingAir!Attitude, 513,232,240,224

second point, if you want add a few light for daytime flight (when your screen is a bit dark, as mine...)

in the aircraft.cfg file, find the [LIGHTS] section and add :
    light.11=4, 7.2, -1.15, -0.18, fx_vclighth
    light.12=4, 7.2, 1.15, -0.18, fx_vclighth

third personnal modification : I quit smoking a few years ago and I prefer to have something in my new plane in case of a technical problem close to an isolated island, so I have my .45ACP with me !

I've modified the cockpitsides_t.bmp file but it was more difficult than I expected (unexpected results when converting 24 bit texture to 32 bit)

If you want to replace the gun by Micro Uzi, flowers, candies or everything else, don't hesitate !

Thanks Milton for this wonderful aircraft !

I am still waiting to hear from Manecas (Rui Cristina) for his release of some Chalk's textures. Hopefully soon.

He was working on this some time ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mallard chalks.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Hallo Friends,

for those who would like to have some engine exhaust and smoke effects
    just add the following lines in the aircraft, lights section:

light.11= 3, 3.95, -8.73, 2.69, fx_a6m5_exhaust
    light.12= 3, 3.95, -5.60, 2.69, fx_a6m5_exhaust
    light.13= 3, 3.95, 5.60, 2.69, fx_a6m5_exhaust
    light.14= 3, 3.95, 8.73, 2.69, fx_a6m5_exhaust

light.15= 3, 3.95, -8.73, 2.69, fx_ALPHA_He111_ExSmoke //Eng1
    light.16= 3, 3.95, -5.60, 2.69, fx_ALPHA_He111_ExSmoke //Eng1
    light.17= 3, 3.95, 5.60, 2.69, fx_ALPHA_He111_ExSmoke //Eng2
    light.18= 3, 3.95, 8.73, 2.69, fx_ALPHA_He111_ExSmoke //Eng2

those who collect as I do warbirds certainly have the needed effects files

yours
    Papi

Blog Entries

Check your weapon!!!

Relative to the size of the seat... that 1911 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too little...
    Propably should be about X2 the size is shows... well, actually not that much... but certainly bigger than
    it appears.... check it out... compare the size of the wheel... the lock on the seat belt... etc.

G.

You may be right...

So, If you want put a S&W Bodyguard 380 instead, you can !

As Mallard's ( will work on the piston one too) fly's often in somewhat strange environments probably better a

Colt Python , 8 inch barrel .38 Special

But everybody's personal choice

Roland

It is the same weapon I use when I fly my PV-2 Civilian :

(it may be have the same size problem than in the Mallard but... it's for fun !)

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...first"aid"

Hallo Fredem and Thunder100

might it be my german origins that I have a little preference for those ones with 9mm Parabellum amunition?
    I'm conscions that it might politicly nor really correct.
    And in my country there will be a lot of chance that authorities would not really agree with my view of "first Aid"
    Yours
    Papi

another variation of "first aid kit"

The main problem is : how keep that cold ?!

Members who have read this thread: 0