DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 22
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 121415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Chucked it together he says!! Another great paint jafo

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks, Dave...

I'm losing track...but I think this was one of the original default paints....'white 35'...
    ...had a rework and a bit of fading...

Blog Entries
    Hooray - a "working" Warpac bird - love how it's looking. The rattier, the better.

Looking great, Jafo!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hooray - a "working" Warpac bird - love how it's looking. The rattier, the better.

Looking great, Jafo!

dl
    I can do ratty....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I can do ratty....
    Awesome! Though, not like "pulled out of a swamp after 16 years" ratty, but "Cold War jet fuel and vodka quotas are more critical than fresh paint" ratty.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russi...ros/1148874/M/

Anyway - yours and B's work is outstanding. Can't wait until all finished up - will be a notable project, for sure.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Awesome! Though, not like "pulled out of a swamp after 16 years" ratty, but "Cold War jet fuel and vodka quotas are more critical than fresh paint" ratty.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russi...ros/1148874/M/

Anyway - yours and B's work is outstanding. Can't wait until all finished up - will be a notable project, for sure.

dl
    That's the exact same pic I was looking at already to emulate....looks like it's been belly-up a few times in a swamp...

Part way through 'ageing' the camo of Red 39 ....fuse is mostly done....yet to deal with the wings....hence the brighter colours.

Shall look for more pics of that particular plane...see if the right side is much the same...or not...

...and the wings....

Playing with the details of weathering can take forever....there's so many options re deterioration...

This is about as scruffy as it needs to be...

Blog Entries
    Perfect!

DL

Next one.....early days laying out the shatter...

Fuse is mostly done. The paint's from a ZA which has a longer nose so a bit of cheating was needed...

Aaaand another favourite in the making.

P.S:
    Do you have any skin that you'd consider releasable, i.e. decals and all?
    If so, I might just kick out the default paints, use yours (even if it's just one) and then upload the entire shebang. The updated defaults can be released at a later stage.
    I know the other guys actually don't deserve it, but the amount of teasing in this thread reaches new peak levels with every screenshot you post. Even I finding it ever harder to stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Aaaand another favourite in the making.

P.S:
    Do you have any skin that you'd consider releasable, i.e. decals and all?
    If so, I might just kick out the default paints, use yours (even if it's just one) and then upload the entire shebang. The updated defaults can be released at a later stage.
    I know the other guys actually don't deserve it, but the amount of teasing in this thread reaches new peak levels with every screenshot you post. Even I finding it ever harder to stand it.
    Bjoern ...yep, there are a few that can be set free...the Shatter paint is the 38th ....only a couple of thousand left.....

I'll need to shrink a few to 2048 [they'll be less good] and bundle them with the full 4096 as an option...and get them all in DDS...

The only images I alter [except for the odd pilot] are the fuse...t and s...and the wing...t and s [with their alphas]... the rest is 'default'.

I guess I need a dropbox account or whatever to transfer things to you so you can pick and choose what to add as bundled....

Meanwhile....this is essentially done...N399ZA [it's not a 'C'] but if you ignore the no pylons or gunpod [and smaller tip tanks and shorter nose]...no-one will notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I guess I need a dropbox account or whatever to transfer things to you so you can pick and choose what to add as bundled....
    A list with all paints that are done and links to the screenshots (if posted here) via PM will do.
    I'll pick one to three and reply and they you can send 'em to me via mail.

Meanwhile....this is essentially done...N399ZA [it's not a 'C'] but if you ignore the no pylons or gunpod [and smaller tip tanks and shorter nose]...no-one will notice...
    Well, Hadi Tahir's model is a "ZA".

I'm intrigued by the "no tip tank" option, but the model unfortunately makes them hard to "cut off". The penalty in range should also not be unterestimated...

Btw:
    Have you ever considered spec maps for the interior textures?
    Either I'm running a bad test model in FSX or the material is a bit too glossy. But I can't figure out any good material settings.

The specs I use [for these paints] are a 70 point left-shift of both brightness and contrast from the 't' image....with the 'chrome' bits picked out in white [255]....except for the metal-painted TBird.... that's better right-shifted [brighter] again for the chrome/metal effect....and alphas set to dull some sections down to avoid a total-chrome mirror look.
    If you get 'anal' and set alphas individually for each bit of detail/signage....something 'needed' for metal skins vs painted signs it gets fiddly but can look quite cool. Of course it all goes a bit more to poo when the scale/detail is reduced.

Your model 'finishes' respond quite well to lighting/shine variations... though there's no real 100% 'matt' even with a 255 alpha...but in reality no aircraft paint is going to stay genuinely 'matt' for long anyway...

I've never done anything with specs, etc with interiors...only a bit of reworking of VCs, mainly just doing 2D panels...

This one's finished...and suitably 'complete'. The detail notes are a bit above and beyond as it's actually a simpler paint... but details are always better with than without...

Tweaked a bit of the shatter and revised the 'Albatros' text on the intakes.

The camo was transferred direct from some side elev photos so it follows pretty closely to the real animal [other than it being the wrong model]...and the colours were picked from the photo so won't be too far off, give or take...

BTW...it's 'clean' as in no dirt layer...as the real animal looks pretty clean too [was probably up for sale at the time so had a bit of spit and polish ... a bit tidier than 'Red 39']

It's an addiction...or something...
    Next one on the go...

Sidetracked again...this one needed a redo...

I've been tidying up a lot of my earlier paints...adding details and 'bits'. There's altogether about 35 paints...so it takes a while...

Here's one of 'em...

Having a go at one that caught my eye....ZU-HIT...

Very early days....just got the tail image inserted...

Gotta hunt down all the pics I can to find what the wings do...

Edit...

Shall take extra care and attention with this one....neither the aircraft nor its pilot is still with us.

New version online, replacing the old default paints with three of Jafo's and adding bump and specular map support to the fuselage and wings.
    Note that the old default paints are not included anymore, so don't delete their folders when upgrading. A merged aircraft.cfg is included though.

Link, as usual:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

I just hope that this won't go under in Jafo's screenshot spam...

Cheers Bjoern

ATB
    DaveB

What a wonderful package, thanks so much Bjoern and Jafo. I'm really enjoying this work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    New version online, replacing the old default paints with three of Jafo's and adding bump and specular map support to the fuselage and wings.

I just hope that this won't go under in Jafo's screenshot spam...
    But I'm having fun with the spam [keeps your plane release in the public eye]...

ZU-HIT is coming along, but I need to find more details for the graphics. The bear's not a problem...just had to clean up the shading/rudder from the photo...but I'm a bit iffy with the red text...and there's a graphic on the air intakes....

Members who have read this thread: 3