Thread: Wouldn't it be nice if.....

Wouldn't it be nice if.....

.....we had one of these in FSX.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

.....we had one of these in FSX.

Dave

Nah. Not really.

What aircraft is that? Am guessing that the screenshot is from FS9, since your post indicates that A/C is not in FSX? NC

Jaguar!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

That's a SEPECAT Jaguar! It would be nice to have a new one, but I bet it wouldn't be so nice to get the gear animation sussed!

Dan
    Forever lurking.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Looks like a tf-104 nose grafted on a f-111 body with funny intakes and landing gear.

I cannot express how much this needs to happen....

This needs to happen! O_O

Jamal

Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    ... I bet it wouldn't be so nice to get the gear animation sussed!

Dan
    I think you'll find that gauntlet has already been picked up, iirc, but it's up to the developers to show screenshots or video if they want.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

UKMil have a FSX native Jag. I use it with Dinos F14 VC.

I remember the FS9 Only version which Alphasim had under development as FSX came into its own. OriginallyThere was talk of making it a port-over to FSX and then I clearly remember discussion of making a native version in different forums. It is a shame it seems to have gone by the wayside as it was beginning to look really good. The last reference I saw was here in this thread:
    http://sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/sh...uaguar-projetc

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    UKMil have a FSX native Jag. I use it with Dinos F14 VC.
    It is indeed the UKMIL FSX-native bird - but there's no VC and few weapons options. That's the why of this thread.

Imagine a Tacpack-enabled GR.3.....

Perhaps one of our mainstream developers could take it up?

Dave

Looks like a tf-104 nose grafted on a f-111 body with funny intakes and landing gear.
    Now that reminds me of the comment by a USN officer on first seeing a Fairey Barracuda: "Jeez, you Limeys will be building airplanes next."
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

There are French ones here http://www.google.com/translate?hl=f...r/download.php not so sure if they are true FSX or ports.
    Both the A and E ecole models too
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Didn't UKMIL work on a VC for this one?
    I'm afraid not.

Dave

Has UKMIL been working on anything lately anyway?
    The FB group doesn't mention anything and I'm too lazy to recover my site account to have a peek in their forums.

Someone with enough motivation and (G)Max skills could ask the Strike Fighters crowd if they are willing to license their Jag cockpit model(s) and textures for a freeware project. That would reduce the required workload down to code FSX-compatible animations and instruments.

Out of Nellis - deserted!

Dave

Dave, I am with you!
    I would love to have a Jaguar with up to date's standards!!
    This or a Saab Gripen (Sorry, daydreaming again)

Agreed would be nice to have one in FSX. Some very old shots.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Maybe you should try to chat to some aggressor pilots who tried to shoot it down during Red Flag, and FAILED! The Jags just flew too low for them to get a lock. In the words of one Yank pilot: "the Jags shave the rocks and part the sand".

The Jag is/was and extremely capable aircraft, and beautiful at that. So yes, it is sorely needed for FSX/P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Agreed would be nice to have one in FSX. Some very old shots
    Might be old shots but they are still great!

Dan
    Forever lurking.

Now I know what the Red Flag comment was all about. These things *are* fun to fly at treetop height!

Not much of a bomb truck though. I barely got off the ground with an adequate load for SEAD (2 clusters, 2 rocket pods, drop tank, 1 Magic and 1 ECM pod). And defense against two iraqi F-7s consisted of running away to an adquate separation, turning, firing off the single Magic (it didn't hit) and then running home for good.
    (Battle damage was from a 12.7mm AA emplacement.)

Heck yeah we need a Jaguar. This project smells like a M2M one waiting to happen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Heck yeah we need a Jaguar. This project smells like a M2M one waiting to happen
    Or Justflight, who knows, maybe after the Tornado? I once watched a Jaguar land at RAF Lossimouth (they'd put the catch netting up & and it was as I recall the "saint" display aircraft) and the pilot climbed out while the aircraft was just off the runway and kicked it!

Ian

I was thinking the same as Ian, a Just Flight Jag from the excellent team behind the Canberra and Tornado would be brilliant. Still have happy memories from the visits to RAF Coltishall and later to RAF Coningsby after 6 Sqn relocated there. In 2007, the last Jags were sent to RAF Cosford and in preparation they practiced short field landings, pulling the dragchute while still airborne! This is XX835/EX, RAF Coningsby May 16th 2007:

Last edited by hschuit; February 10th, 2015 at 01:41.

Members who have read this thread: 1