Joystick or FSX?

Thread: Joystick or FSX?

Joystick or FSX?

Calibrated my Saitek X-52 through Windows7 and FSX, yet when i take of in any of my vast collection of aircraft i shoot up like a Space Shuttle.
    Also the aircraft run about 25% at idle and 75% at full throttle. This started a long time ago and figure it be nice to do something about it now lol.
    Happened all of a sudden too i haven't messed with any settings that i can recall.

TIA
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Calibrated my Saitek X-52 through Windows7 and FSX, yet when i take of in any of my vast collection of aircraft i shoot up like a Space Shuttle.
    Also the aircraft run about 25% at idle and 75% at full throttle. This started a long time ago and figure it be nice to do something about it now lol.
    Happened all of a sudden too i haven't messed with any settings that i can recall.

TIA
    Dave, how old is your Saitek system? Almost sounds like a internal hardware problem within the system? Only other things I could suggest is uninstall the controllers and drivers, then reinstall and reset it all. Or perhaps try using FSUIPC? Pete

I've heard of using FSUIPC. Is this possible with the free version and if so how? I clicked on it once awhile back but didn't see a calibration option.

Saitek is about 5 years old.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Members +
    No, the free version of FSuipc cannot be used for calibrating. This add-on should be an essential purchase for all versions of the sim. It has amazing calibration feartures. Check out the Readme!!

I have an old x-52 and for a long time it would not hold altitude in AP mode and had similar behaviors to the ones you describe. The X-52 auto calibrates on startup however what was happening is that I was starting with the elevator trim wheel out of neutral and that was enough to mess up the whole flight profile. I do a lot of carrier work making it necessary to use "slew" however sometimes the plane will shoot off the deck over the horizon and crash because everything on the X-52 was not in neutral. I am always too eager to "fire up and fly" and forget to set the controller up properly before starting FSX (my PC is never turned off, b/t/w). Simply unplug your USB connection and then exercise the stick, throttle, wheels etc and make sure they are all in default, neutral positions, then plug the USB back in.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0