Having problem with framerate drop using contrail effect ?

Thread: Having problem with framerate drop using contrail effect ?

Having problem with framerate drop using contrail effect ?

Hello guys,
    is anyone here having problem with nanni's contrail effect especially with framerate drop?
    im using nanni's fx with Rami's 20th mission and i set it on B-17 & B-24 together in one rami's 20th fighter group mission, when i flew it i feel it's to damn heavy for fps and so slow
    is there any tips without lowering graphics detail?
    im using full detail graphics setting and here's my spec i7 4700HQ GT745M 2gb & 6gb RAM
    Thanks

Woki

I see the same thing with nanni's gun somke effect. The mission would start fine but 3 to 5 into the fight lag and it would NOT go away even after all bad planes were shot down or if I was the only aircraft left.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I see the same thing with nanni's gun somke effect. The mission would start fine but 3 to 5 into the fight lag and it would NOT go away even after all bad planes were shot down or if I was the only aircraft left.
    hello Allen,
    im also having that problem as well, after a dogfight periode the game becomes lag..i already try using imagecfg or LAA but seems no effect for this issue

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    is there any tips without lowering graphics detail?
    Two things might help: Try flying these missions in window mode (Alt+Enter) to keep frames at highest levels for smoother graphics or just delete the contrail effects from the bombers' dp files. The sim graphics engine wasn't designed for sustaining addon eye-candy FX on the scale of contrails emitting from large bomber formations. It'll get you started, but leave you with a slide show once the shooting starts. If you insist on keeping the contrails then consider using low-poly, frame-friendly AI substitutes for the bombers called for in the mission files.

I've seen this happen with low level strikes where large formations deliver concentrated payloads on a small target box at once, with friendly and enemy fighters buzzing around and flak filling the skies. The graphics engine just gets overwhelmed and screams for relief by dropping the frames until the sky activity is reduced.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

My thinking there is somthing about nanni's gun effects that makes them look like they stop after you stop firing the guns but they are still being draw by the game. I'm going to gess much the same with the contrail.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks for the tips Bearcat ! ... and Allen my guess the engine itself not designed for such a heavy fx like bearcat says but who knows someday someone can break the engine code to fs2004 level

Members who have read this thread: 0