Virtavia B-1B won't work in Win 8.1

Thread: Virtavia B-1B won't work in Win 8.1

Virtavia B-1B won't work in Win 8.1

I recently got the fine B-1B Lancer by Virtavia and installed it on my main gaming PC. But every time I try to bring it up, FSX freezes up. It won't even load into the kiosk. I tried on my laptop which has both Win 7 and Win 8.1. Works in Win 7, tried to work in Win 8.1 but eventually locks FSX up. Is there something about this plane that prevents it from working in Windows 8.1?
    My main system is:

i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6ghz
    NVidia GTX-770
    16gb Corsair DDR3
    Sound Blaster Xz
    2tb Seagate HDD
    MSI Z97S MB
    Windows 8.1
    Logitech G940 stick/throttle/pedals

I don't have this problem with any other planes...

I donīt have the B-1 but i have the A4 and it works perfectly. The only problem that i have is when i turn the radar on and the FPS goes nuts! Other like b29, F111, b36, hu16, r3y, mi24, f104, f105, etc.... works well too
    I suggest going into the panel folder and disable the gauges one by one to test. Maybe you will find one gauge that donīt like the new so.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Contact Phil Virtavia support on their site and let him know what is going on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I figured out that if I wait long enough, it will eventually come up in the kiosk, but when I try to load the flight it locks FSX up.

Have you contacted Virtavia about this at tech.support -at- virtavia.com?

A security scheme was used that seems to have issues with the registry in Win8.
    There was discussion of this on another thread about Mark Harper's Su-27 that used the same security scheme.
    There were some suggestions in there that might help.

But I urge you to push with the tech support and get it resolved.

Yesterday I tried running FSX in administrator mode. The B-1B came up in the kiosk normally. When I loaded the flight, it took a while but eventually it did load and the plane seemed to work properly. I tried this a number of times during the day and it worked that same way every time. Today when I tried it that way, it's back to the same old thing; when I select the plane and try to bring it up in the kiosk, it locks up FSX. If I wait long enough, the plane will show up in the kiosk but the flight will never load. I though I had it figured out yesterday but today it's back to frustration...
    Could protection software like Norton 360 have anything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Have you contacted Virtavia about this at tech.support -at- virtavia.com?

A security scheme was used that seems to have issues with the registry in Win8.
    There was discussion of this on another thread about Mark Harper's Su-27 that used the same security scheme.
    There were some suggestions in there that might help.

But I urge you to push with the tech support and get it resolved.

I emailed Phil and he said he had never heard of anyone having an issue running the Bone in Win8.1. He said there is nothing special about it that would cause these issues I am having. So I'm back to square one...

I guess he has forgotten. I'll bring this thread to his attention and tactfully remind him of his and my conversation on the subject.

Members who have read this thread: 0