New Flysimware 441 Conquest half-price @ PC Aviator (US)

Thread: New Flysimware 441 Conquest half-price @ PC Aviator (US)

New Flysimware 441 Conquest half-price @ PC Aviator (US)

Cheapest I've seen it so far + another 10% off if you buy today (Tuesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Cheapest I've seen it so far + another 10% off if you buy today (Tuesday).
    It's $34.99 both at Flightsimware & Pcaviaton. Other then the %10 off, I don't see any deal that is exceptional......

Let's do the math here (Half off) = $34.99 * 2 = $17.495....nope, didn't see that price for that product at PC Aviator.

Actually I saw the 50% off deal, as mentioned by Portia911, for the 441 posted on PCAviator yesterday afternoon. They obviously removed it by this morning, since the price is now the regular $34.99. Presumably it was just a temporary oversight on PCAviator's part - and they unintentionally bundled the newly-released 441 in with the rest of the Flysimware 50% off special.

Still looks like a nice rendition of the Conquest, though. I haven't seen too much feedback on the plane yet, but I'd be curious to hear any opinions from those who've purchased.
    -Mark

It's Flysimware's Cessna 402C that is -50% in PC Aviator.

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    It's Flysimware's Cessna 402C that is -50% in PC Aviator.
    So I noticed. Bummer on missing the short lived sale on the 441 Conquest.

441, nice model. VC isnt the highest quality could do with better resolution gauge models.Realism i think quiet good, Engines well modeled, Nice plane to hand fly. Has also being upated for payware GPS and wather radar,which I have no need for. I think you will enjoy if you can overlook the VC textures.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    441, nice model. VC isnt the highest quality could do with better resolution gauge models.Realism i think quiet good, Engines well modeled, Nice plane to hand fly. Has also being upated for payware GPS and wather radar,which I have no need for. I think you will enjoy if you can overlook the VC textures.
    I saw the half price offer and jumped on it quick. The short review quoted is quite accurate, going by my initial short flight. The operator's manual is not much help, short and incomplete. You have to go to the FlySim site and watch some lengthly videos to learn the plane's operation. It is NOT a "kick the tires...light the fires" type of simulation. The video showing how to start the engines is almost 15 minutes. And I still have to watch an over one hour film to learn how to operate this plane. Sort of takes the some of the fun out of the game, but with no real manual I guess I'll do the "classroom" work.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

mjrhealth & John,
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll put the 441 on my 'list'. I'm more concerned about systems and flight dynamics than graphics, so it sounds like the Conquest will be a good fit.

Take care.
    -Mark

On my list too, If I had seen that offer I'd of snapped on that one. PDQ.

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I saw the half price offer and jumped on it quick. The short review quoted is quite accurate, going by my initial short flight. The operator's manual is not much help, short and incomplete. You have to go to the FlySim site and watch some lengthly videos to learn the plane's operation. It is NOT a "kick the tires...light the fires" type of simulation. The video showing how to start the engines is almost 15 minutes. And I still have to watch an over one hour film to learn how to operate this plane. Sort of takes the some of the fun out of the game, but with no real manual I guess I'll do the "classroom" work.
    Then you get a yellow license to operate the Yellow gear and your training jacket get's updated right Chief? I remember those days.
    After that, you have to go to VIDS/MAF school and learn how to use those SAF cards. Then it's FOD Walkdown. ugghhh.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Then you get a yellow license to operate the Yellow gear and your training jacket get's updated right Chief? I remember those days.
    After that, you have to go to VIDS/MAF school and learn how to use those SAF cards. Then it's FOD Walkdown. ugghhh.
    You would be correct! I too, remember those damn SAF cards, having to pencil whip all those hours. Hated that. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    You would be correct! I too, remember those damn SAF cards, having to pencil whip all those hours. Hated that. NC
    Remember when they said to over document the manhours, that way, you'd get more new guys assigned to your outfit. Turns out that worked in reverse. The detailers would sometimes
    pull a guy or two out of your outfit because they figured you had enough manpower to do all assigned workloads.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Remember when they said to over document the manhours, that way, you'd get more new guys assigned to your outfit. Turns out that worked in reverse. The detailers would sometimes
    pull a guy or two out of your outfit because they figured you had enough manpower to do all assigned workloads.
    And now all the MAFs are computerized. I visited the AME "A" School here in P'Cola a few weeks ago. The instructor, who gave me a tour of the classrooms, told me NAVAIR is working on an even more updated system. Sure wish they'd had that when I was in. What a frigging nightmare that was, manually filling out that crap. And, of course, if I made mistakes on it, the Maint. Control AZ would let me know, with red ink all over the mistakes! I got pretty good at it though. NC

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    Has also being upated for payware GPS and wather radar,which I have no need for.
    hope they add this to there 402 which I like, very much

Members who have read this thread: 0