Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED

And to think that movie is almost 30 years old ...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    My immediate comparison is to the Superbug (to which it compares as favorably as one could hope); however, in the Superbug you have this distinct impression that the plane is keeping you safe from harm, keeping you from doing anything colossally stupid, whereas in the Cat you have this impression that it's really just waiting for you to do something dumb so that it can show you exactly how inexperienced you are.
    This sounds VERY historically realistic.

Sent a note to Aerosoft USA, but can't seem to order the download version from the link here (Using IE)....I hit the BUY NOW button and it gives me an HTTP 500 Internal Server error..... will have to stay grounded until I hear back from them.

Posted screens look great!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Sent a note to Aerosoft USA, but can't seem to order the download version from the link here (Using IE)....I hit the BUY NOW button and it gives me an HTTP 500 Internal Server error..... will have to stay grounded until I hear back from them.

Posted screens look great!

I had the same issue. Fixed it by using Google Chrome, just for the purchase, worked first time without issue.

Matt
    Last edited by strykerpsg; December 6th, 2014 at 01:46. Reason: spell check ;)
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post

Disappointment though came right after trying a carrier scenario in P3D. The carrier and other ships wake effects are still 2d and not compatible with P3D 3d waves. Quick and dirty screen below:

Is something going to be done about this? I don't want to belittle the overall awesomeness of this package but for me that little thing was quite an important decision factor. Apologies for mentioning a P3D issue in the FSX forum but this is the F-14 thread.
    I totally agree with you in all respects!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Well JohnC promised to look at it so I'm confident it will eventually be addressed.

In the meantime there is so much content in this package to keep one busy.

Agree JimmyRFR, found myself low and slow attempting FCLP at Fentress, stalled the left engine and into the dirt I went. I will master the Blk 90 "A" before moving on to later Blk's or the "B". I think it's time for a Warthog HOTAS from Santa.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I had the same issue. Fixed it by using Google Chrome, just for the purchase, worked first time without issue.

Matt
    Hey Matt, that did the trick! Downloaded it just now with no problems. Many thanks!! I'm a happy Tomcatter now...

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Anyone know where the paintkit is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Anyone know where the paintkit is?
    Not yet, perhaps few days.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Afterburner

Anyone replaced the Afterburner effect?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Anyone replaced the Afterburner effect?
    No .. but I used it to a good affect last night ... have to edit the screens this morning

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Not yet, perhaps few days.
    Matjis just posted on the patches subforum that they were releasing it on monday, but you can message him for an early copy if you're chomping at the bit to paint some cats.

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Matjis just posted on the patches subforum that they were releasing it on monday, but you can message him for an early copy if you're chomping at the bit to paint some cats.
    Yep http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...9114-paintkit/ . Now its a 2,5 Gb... .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hello Dimus, i have p3d too and i saw this effect here. The same.
    I´m not an .fx expert, but did you try to exchange the effect in the Kitty Hawk sim.cfg?
    The parameter is "wake =". Tried to exchange to a .fx p3d default effect to see what happens?
    Flaviossa, I tried your suggestion but can not find which effect is compatible with the 3d waves. All "wakes" in my effects folder seem to be similar in behavior. I even tried to edit the fx file to change the offset of the particles to a higher level but I don not yet know much about effects and their attributes. I'll keep trying though. Any suggestions would be welcome, although I think may need to move this to the P3D forum now.

I do enjoy the plane though. Quite tricky to master:

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Flaviossa, I tried your suggestion but can not find which effect is compatible with the 3d waves. All "wakes" in my effects folder seem to be similar in behavior. I even tried to edit the fx file to change the offset of the particles to a higher level but I don not yet know much about effects and their attributes. I'll keep trying though. Any suggestions would be welcome, although I think may need to move this to the P3D forum now.

I do enjoy the plane though. Quite tricky to master:

The easiest thing to do is probably to raise the position of the wake in the sim.cfg file rather than editing the effect. As far as I'm aware there're no wakes that are really compatible with the 3D waves as the effects files aren't really designed to work over a non-planner surface, I.e. they're still based on the FSX engine while the water has advanced beyond that.

Well it is a dirty job ...but someone has to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Hey Matt, that did the trick! Downloaded it just now with no problems. Many thanks!! I'm a happy Tomcatter now...
    Glad it worked Odie.

Cheers,
    Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    And to think that movie is almost 30 years old ...
    Yep, just watched it again about 3 weeks ago. Obviously we are all living in the glorious past in our simming world! But it's the best place to be imo. I wasn't planning on getting this as I alread fly Dino's one, but after looking at all the great screen captures I can feel myself being drawn into serious temptation . . ..

This thing desperately needs a Top Hatters paint other than the CAG, Bicentennial scheme, hint hint

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Well it is a dirty job ...but someone has to do it

Nice shot it was a great night

Wow...

I'm quite impressed. Another few hours in it tonight doing manual starts and touch and goes. However, I had my first compressor stall while pulling back to mil power a bit too fast. I'd love to say it ended well, but it didn't. A loss of control ensued, and in trying to flight the developing spin I achieved a TacPack enforced G-LOC. Watching the seconds tick by, vision clears, and good news, the spin is gone... however, about 2 seconds later the ground really decided it wanted to be my friend.

That was hard to take. I really don't make a habit of crashing planes in my sim.

if you're interested in adding the shockwave taxi light,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f14-sw.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	16390

add to aircraft.cfg [lights] section
    light.8 = 6, 23.00, -0.10, -2.20, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down
    or whatever light.xxx number available

add to panel.cfg [VCockpit01]
    gauge20=shockwave_lights!SW lights_gear_taxi, 1, 1, 1, 1
    or whatever gaugexxx number available, to automatically extinguish the light when gear goes up.

also, contact points are too high, reduce to the numbers in the vertical position as shown here and it looks much better.
    point.0 = 1, 21.033, 0.000, -6.843,
    point.1 = 1, -1.298, -9.110, -7.700,
    point.2 = 1, -1.298, 9.110, -7.700,

backup your originals.

Even owning the Iris and Dino's

that is stunningAttachment 16391

Roland

Members who have read this thread: 2