Down the rabbit hole with the FCS Lancaster

Thread: Down the rabbit hole with the FCS Lancaster

Down the rabbit hole with the FCS Lancaster

I have a bad habit. I read too many books on military aviation.

During our recent trip to Victoria, B.C. I picked up my latest book, "Lancaster" by Leo McKinstry.

Naturally when I got back home I took my FCS Lancaster out of the hangar and took a few flights. The first thing I remembered as to why it was in the hangar in the first place was the size of the various pop-up panels, which I resized this morning.

While researching the issue on the panel sizes, I found various threads on the release of the patch. Problem is that I've had not issues with the Lanc so I don't even know if I need the patch or not.

My FCS Lanc was purchased from FSPilotShop on 4/25/13 well after the release of the patch in 2010, but there is not indication if the install file was patched or not. Last modification of the install file was 12/26/2012 but that still doesn't tell me anything. Each of the mdl files for all the models have dates of 10/30/09 and 11/3/09, respectively, which is before FCS released the patch.

Again, I haven't had any issues with the FCS Lanc but I have no other information as to whether or not the patch will improve or enhance my install.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi ya traveling you ole Warhorse , the patch - what that did only was to take the reflection of the yellow ball from the pilots armour plate that reflected onto the inside windscreen whilst flying along .

Hi ya', Ian.

Yep, I still go the yellow ball. Guess I'll run the patch after backing up all my cfg files.

Thanks.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0