Aerosoft's F-14 Tomcat.....a small update - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft's F-14 Tomcat.....a small update

I don't see Harrison Ford looking out the window ... whoops! ... they were F-15s in that movie

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I don't see Harrison Ford looking out the window ... whoops! ... they were F-15s in that movie
    Agree, but as soon as I figure out the FSX mission system, looking to make the "Achille Lauro Incident" with a Egyptian airliner with all players (multi Tomcats, E-2, KA-6).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Whose E-2??
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Very nice and looking forward to the whole package.

I would very much like to see the carrier moving in P3D v2.4 with full right water sliders. If the wake effect is good I would be delighted.

Dimus, we'll try to get that shot

Meanwhile, here is another peek inside the cockpit:

Blog Entries
    This is an excellent piece of work. Congratulations to John Cagle and the entire Aerosoft team on getting it done. In June of 2012 John asked me if I would do some test flying for him on the F-14. To see what that first alpha was like and to fly the finished product is like night and day.

Just one word of caution for anyone thinking of buying the masterpiece. It is not a kick the tires and lite the fires kind of airplane. Get ready to delve in to systems and manuals if, you want to really appreciate all this package offers. I have not tried to land on a carrier. Being from the USAF, I like my runways about 2 miles long. Besides, I need to go through Dino's T-45 program first. But, if you do like carrier flying and traps, this package is kickass.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Just reading the manuals, everything I had hoped that would be modeled seems to be. No need for a mission pack with the AI spawning feature, but a few fam missions VF-124/-101 style would be cool. Glad vLSO has FCLP, going to need for this thing prior to going to the "new" boat.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    No need for a mission pack with the AI spawning feature

This is one from many big feature and it isnt a "normal" mission from FSX. Better word is "scenario", it isnt FSX mission only.
    You can call scenario always when You are in FSX environment. Just take it from menu option, like TacPack carriers, tankers ect.
    No need TacPack for scenarios too.

Here is example of tanker from scenario menu, not from TacPack (but easy to implement it to TacPack too if You like).
    Last edited by YoYo; November 30th, 2014 at 06:33.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Plus, level of details:

Dump and burn. Yep, the same like F-111!

HUD in B variant.

Last edited by YoYo; November 30th, 2014 at 11:23.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Here's a "do I need TacPack for this aircraft" hint. Looking at YoYo's images from November 18th forward, if you see the TacPack logo in the corner then what you are looking at requires it (like dropping guided bombs or firing a Phoenix missile) but if you don't see it (like when refueling from the KA-6) you don't need it. The most recent images also include some text.

Not to sound like a TacPack promoter (I bought it to test this aircraft and the Metal2Mesh Mirage) but it is not a cheap add-on utility at $40. But that one copy will be used by more and more aircraft so the cost does get spread out over time. So it becomes that one add-on that you actually keep using unlike a lot of others.

This is one from many big feature and it isnt a "normal" mission from FSX. Better word is "scenario", it isnt FSX mission only.
    You can call scenario always when You are in FSX environment. Just take it from menu option, like TacPack carriers, tankers ect.
    No need TacPack for scenarios too.
    From what I've seen from the "AI video", Scenarios are just FSX Missions capable of running in Free Flight, ie "Scenarios" simulate in Free Flight
    "as if an FSX Mission" was running there.
    - Do these "Scenarios" present any added abilities compared to FSX Missions (or you can achieve the exact same thing within a Mission) ?
    - Are these Scenarios Multiplayer capable ? (If 2 players run the same scenario in Free Flight, taking off together from same Carrier, do they see the
    same things - experience ? Tacpack may be required for synchronization. I mean for example : May 2 Tomcats refuel from the same Scenario plane as per foto above ?)

None of my questions reduce the "value" of this Aerosoft achievement. I'm just curious, being an FSX Mission builder myself.
    Sorry for the kind of the offtopic post, but I see some potential regarding Military FSX Multiplayer with these "Scenario" type of coding...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Nose wheel and tires, all wrong, see Dino's Tomcat, perfect.

looks pretty close to me. what's out of sync?

Wow, when I saw the credits on the manual I saw that my good old friend Tim from M2M worked on the textures of this project so that means it kicks butt, also Hank and the guys at razbam were involved so, this is a must get for me. Looks amazing and I bet with Aerosoft quality It'll be a great add-on. Congrats to Aerosoft for this fantastic project!

Jose Valdez.

I am super excited to get this one and was a bit bummed by the 03 December release versus 01 December, but they needed a few days it seems for a good reason so that's okay by me. I absolutely love the screened, additional equipment accompanying this package and the paint, just a fantastic package and will only make Dino's works a perfect combination. This, coupled with Taco Pack, will allow some semblance of F14 Fleet Defender memories.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote from Aerosoft preview forums:http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...4-topic/page-2

Gentlemen (ladies),

we're putting this release on hold for 20 hours. A very unexpected issue popped up that is now fixed but it does need some more testing. As this is a real show stopper of an issue we feel uncomfortable releasing with it and patching later on. That would not do this superb product justice.

And yes, it's not good that an issue like this found just before we release. But that's why we have a quality control department that tests the Release Candidate. Those last tests are done on special test machines that mimic our customers machines as well as possible. As testers tend to be experienced users their machines and installations often are different it is just possible the last test show a new issue. As was the case this morning.

Sorry.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Honnestly, beside minor frustration, I believe everybody here prefers to see that product delayed for bug fixing instead of rushed delivery without any checks.
    I hope they take their time to release that beauty. The expectations from the comunity are way too high for them to screw it up.

Now, if VRS could hurry a bit to release TacPack for P3D, that would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Honnestly, beside minor frustration, I believe everybody here prefers to see that product delayed for bug fixing instead of rushed delivery without any checks.
    I hope they take their time to release that beauty. The expectations from the comunity are way too high for them to screw it up.

Now, if VRS could hurry a bit to release TacPack for P3D, that would be great...
    Right you are sir! Better to catch it at the last moment than release it into the wild and have an issue to deal with right off the bat. Take your time Aerosoft and give the
    Big Cat a good launch! We can wait for all that Tomcat goodness! We'll all sit Ready-Five.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Nose wheel and tires, all wrong, see Dino's Tomcat, perfect.
    Right on schedule there, Mate. Not even released yet and it has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I see the manuals have been released
    http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...9-the-manuals/
    Get reading!
    Good to get a head start reading but those are not the final versions of the manuals. We got a new set yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Right on schedule there, Mate. Not even released yet and it has begun.
    Indeed. But you have to credit their commitment to the cause of accuracy since their argument consists of a) use of outlandish hyperbole, and b) using another digital model (good as it is, mind you), of a different variant, as reference - as opposed to data, photos, etc. of the real articles.... Or not.

Anyway - take your time, team - I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just reading the manuals, everything I had hoped that would be modeled seems to be. No need for a mission pack with the AI spawning feature, but a few fam missions VF-124/-101 style would be cool. Glad vLSO has FCLP, going to need for this thing prior to going to the "new" boat.
    you may want this: http://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2014...and-fclp-mods/

Yes, there is a vLSO integration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    you may want this: http://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2014...and-fclp-mods/

Yes, there is a vLSO integration.
    Thanks H - didn't know about it being hooked into vLSO, no pun intended.

dl

Members who have read this thread: 2