Razbam: Harrier and Corsair with TacPack?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razbam: Harrier and Corsair with TacPack?

Razbam: Harrier and Corsair with TacPack?

Interesting news from Facebook (original spelling errors ):

"Weighting the possibility of tack pack-ing the A-7´s and the Harriers, problem is, it cant be a free upgrade..opinions pls.."

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/711743442245630

It will be nice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I would definitely pay for upgraded Harrier and Corsair II.

A TacPack-ed Harrier would be cool, but then we won't be able to use it in P3D...
    The VTOL module might be the element which needs an update most.

Next news about this!

A-7 will recive TacPack (soon!!!).

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/...206131/?type=1

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    A TacPack-ed Harrier would be cool, but then we won't be able to use it in P3D...
    The VTOL module might be the element which needs an update most.
    I agree with you. Absolutely

Blog Entries
    Odd priorities, agreed. Not to say the A-7 family is perfect, but ...

Models in far greater "need" of upgrading are their A-6/EA-6 family - would pay for that in a heartbeat, and I agree with the Harrier VTOL module (though I don't know if it can indeed be improved, given FSX's vagaries).

No interest in Tac/stack/back/rack/crack/pack - the road is littered with military model projects stalled or massively delayed simply on account of this accursed thing, so if that's the only upgrade they're doing to the A-7, I'll definitely pass.

I get that some folks dig it, but that some payware devs put in on their critical path to developing a whole model packaging - as opposed to a making it an extra/optional module - is illogical and self-limiting.

dl

On FB some of new pictures:

I see the new effect of fresnel reflection....

Yes The Bird (A7) deserves the TP update for sure!

Blog Entries

Is it me ....

... or is that a new pilot figure? If so, that's awesome!

I'm away from my sim pc at the moment - but I seem to recall the current pilot's having visors down ... maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway - I'm slowly getting stoked for this .... who knows, I might yet drink the TP Koolaid ...

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

I'm away from my sim pc at the moment - but I seem to recall the current pilot's having visors down ... maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway - I'm slowly getting stoked for this .... who knows, I might yet drink the TP Koolaid ...

dl
    Yes the pilot figure is updated as well it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    dl
    Yes Daniel, the pilot will have a working visor.......

Cheers,
    Hank

VC:

From FB: Tac Pack A-7E Cockpit, new HUD, new HUD material (you can change brightness) and a more accurate stick..

Ok,but released date?

I bought 10 Dec

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Ok,but released date?

I bought 10 Dec

Zsolt
    Zsolt, as I saw it will be different one package with vol 1 and vol 2 (model + TacPack upgrade in the one). Im not sure about "old" version of A-7, it will be service pack or not (for new external model + VC without TP functions).

See the store: http://www.razbamsims.com/store/prod...4984722fdb8509 .

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Zsolt, as I saw it will be different one package with vol 1 and vol 2 (model + TacPack upgrade in the one). Im not sure about "old" version of A-7, it will be service pack or not (for new external model + VC without TP functions).

See the store: http://www.razbamsims.com/store/prod...4984722fdb8509 .
    I knew, so I bought it in Pre-order TP package
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Ahh, ok .

I believe it's a new package, but I agree that the length of time the 'new' product is taking since the pre-release purchase (me too) is concerning.

Dave

When the VRS TacPack was still in development, they also "pre-sold it". If I recall correctly, it was many, many months after that, before the actual release. Maybe almost a year? A lot of folks weren't happy about that at all. NC

The images looks good! I do however think, they should make it more clear that its a pre-pay product at this point and not a finished product on the product page.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I just wish that they would make an SDK that allowed you to mod any plane easily. They would sell WAY more Tacpack copies.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    I just wish that they would make an SDK that allowed you to mod any plane easily. They would sell WAY more Tacpack copies.
    There is an SDK mentioned on the website. I'm not sure if the average FSX fan can use it though. Might require integration at the developer's level.

With all do respect, but some folks think projects will be finished with just a snap of the finger.... It just takes time. and Zsolt, you'd your answer on FB remember!

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    There is an SDK, which is available to anyone. http://forums.vrsimulations.com/supp...hp/TacPack_SDK
    Any aircraft can be TacPacked to a degree. Adding guns is fairly easy enough. There's info in the SDK on how to arm the default Cessna.
    Adding guided weapons is more complicated, but can be done. You won't see weapons disappearing from the model unless the original dev has coded their visibility to weight, then a bit of hidden gauge coding can work.

Razbam Sims FB yesterday: "Gents, the A-7's tac pack version will have a delay until VRS full integration of tac pack with P3Dv2.x, so we can make both versions in a single release, as a single package. This integration is scheduled to take place in a 2 week period."

Members who have read this thread: 3