Flysimware - Bell 47G And Sioux H-13 Rev. 1.9 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flysimware - Bell 47G And Sioux H-13 Rev. 1.9 Released

Mine is set as helicopter everywhere including several places in the air file. This model had at least two updates and I believe at least one had something to do with the sound.

Yup.. the original soundset for it (which I have) is a jet. They actually sound really good for the 47 too but there are only something like 3 or 4 sounds in the set.
    EDIT: Dammit.. ref's above should be for the Alpha S-55 NOT S51. It's one of those days!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Mine sounds just like the 47 from the old tv show Whirlybirds which was a favorite of mine so I am quite happy with it. The Bell 47J2 is also available which was also on the tv show.

Yeah.. I like the 47J. I have an FS9 version knocking around somewhere (could be FS8) painted up as it appeared in Thunderball It'd be nice to have a new 'native' version

ATB
    DaveB

I swapped my JF S-300 sound file for the R-22 file. Now I have a really good sounding H-13. There are definite sound changes with throttle setting. With what Bjoern has just written in my post on increasing wav volume, I think I will attempt to adjust the full throttle volume just a little. Dang it! Once I get started with something like this, it seems like I just want to keep tweaking .

RD

hahahahahaha..

I've left the Alpha S55 running but have swapped the main internal and external files for those I picked up in one of the Bell47 downloads. It's a bit of a mix but definitely NOT an R22.
    I forgot I had the JF S-300 too.. its not installed at the moment.

ATB
    DaveB

Icon22 Enough is Enough!

It's time to quit tweaking and go fly this helicopter. I think I'll make some runs between my Battalion Aide scenery and my MASH scenery.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hello Mate
    Yes.. you can find it here.. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/view...hp?f=9&t=17009

I've just checked the download link and it still works
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thank you, sir.

The sound set I am using I believe came from Hovercontrol, Bell47G2pistonkit.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/...0&y=0&bool=and

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    The sound set I am using I believe came from Hovercontrol, Bell47G2pistonkit.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/...0&y=0&bool=and
    Cheers Paul.. bagged a copy and will have a look now

EDIT: Well bless my soul.. another version of the R22 soundset! I see the original Bell47 sounds in there but there's no reference to them in the sound.cfg. It's possible they've been renamed of course.

ATB
    DaveB

Cheers Paul.. bagged a copy and will have a look now EDIT: Well bless my soul.. another version of the R22 soundset! I see the original Bell47 sounds in there but there's no reference to them in the sound.cfg. It's possible they've been renamed of course. ATB DaveB
    Since I first looked at this thread, I have tried numerous sound sets. The only one that changes with throttle setting (I suppose to be correct: collective setting.),
    is the JF S-300. Since I have that helicopter in my FSX hanger, that's the sound I'm the most happy using. Of course, like everything else flight sim related, sounds are a matter of personal taste.

If you don't have the JF S-300, may I recommend OBIO's enhanced sounds for the R-22 found here at the Outhouse. Just search FS2004 sounds with OBIO as author. They are louder with a deeper sound.

RD

Now that I'm happy with the sound set, I took my Air America Bell 47 for a little trip to a "secret" location. Can't tell you where because you know what I would have to do to you if I did...

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b47AA.jpg  

If You want to read more about H-13:

Old series of Squadron Signal - Mini in action. Many nice pictures from Korea and Vietnam, H-13 with gun too:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cheers Paul.. bagged a copy and will have a look now

EDIT: Well bless my soul.. another version of the R22 soundset! I see the original Bell47 sounds in there but there's no reference to them in the sound.cfg. It's possible they've been renamed of course.

ATB
    DaveB
    Curious as to what you are seeing. The only sound files that are in there are R22 prefixed, they have been edited and not the R22 original wav files.
    If you use explorer and click on the r22_rpm1_motor.wav to play it, it is a piston engine. The same wav file in the R22 sound folder is very different.

I just downloaded the piston kit and checked the sound folder, and it is the one I am using in the FlySimware Bell, and there are no Bell47 references or files in there outside of extb47.wav and intb47.wav. Folder looks like this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YAFSS_001.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	24888

The only other mod I have made is to the panel.cfg to add the blade slap sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    Curious as to what you are seeing. The only sound files that are in there are R22 prefixed, they have been edited and not the R22 original wav files.
    If you use explorer and click on the r22_rpm1_motor.wav to play it, it is a piston engine. The same wav file in the R22 sound folder is very different.

I just downloaded the piston kit and checked the sound folder, and it is the one I am using in the FlySimware Bell, and there are no Bell47 references or files in there outside of extb47.wav and intb47.wav. Folder looks like this:

The only other mod I have made is to the panel.cfg to add the blade slap sound.
    OK Paul.. I saw r22 and presumed it was 'another' copy (note.. the original was a jet profile so the piston sounds off the R22 would make sense on a piston helicopter). I did add that they may have been changed/renamed. The Bell47 files aren't referenced in the sound.cfg so unless I've lost the plot.. you won't hear them In the meantime.. I've tried the S300 files and I don't care for them much. They seem to be louder versions of the R22.
    To be honest.. I have more sound folders in the FSW47 now, I really must get rid of them all and start anew! I'll plop the piston kit set in as you've said they are different
    ATB
    DaveB

I'm pretty confident that most of you'll that are messing with the Bell 47's sound set know that you can mix and match wav files just so long as they are named correctly. OBIO's louder sounds are named r22_xxx_xx. They are just rotor sounds. I just swapped out his rotor sounds for my JF S-300 rotor sounds. I now have a nice little slapping sound as it passes by in the fly past mode. I still prefer the JF S-300 motor sounds as they change depending upon the throttle (collective) setting.

RD

It was missing for me in this set

Near the finish. The skin recived weathering effects, colour, new (maintenance) stencils, markings and insignia, new jacket (according period) of pilot. H-13G, Korea 1958.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That's smashing YoYo. I'd love a copy should you release it

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do You have more pictures of this? In dev. set no any skin of US Army from this period of clean H-13 Sioux (MASH only).
    I can do a skin.
    This is the only photo I have of my Dad's H-13. It was scanned in years ago. I will see if I can find the slide and do a better copy with a bit more up to date equipment.
    Photo was taken at the Winchester, Virginia airport (KOKV) when they only had grass runways. My father and a mechanic had flown up from Washington where he was stationed at the Pentagon.

Headed back to the Battalion Aide Station for more causalities.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mashh131.jpg  

Icon17 I have a question....

...did any of you'll have the earlier version of this helicopter? I do and was wondering what, if any, changes were made. I know the pilot figure is different but, unless there are other changes, I can't see the need to purchase the newer version. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    ...did any of you'll have the earlier version of this helicopter? I do and was wondering what, if any, changes were made. I know the pilot figure is different but, unless there are other changes, I can't see the need to purchase the newer version. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RD
    Isn't the update available to previous purchasers?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Isn't the update available to previous purchasers?
    Roger, I'm not sure. I'll have to see if I can find who I bought mine from and check my account.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Roger, I'm not sure. I'll have to see if I can find who I bought mine from and check my account.

RD
    Now is the version 2.1 from Flighsimware.

You'll find a link in 'Updates for anything FSX' giving details of the latest version. I can't find anything within the model to indicate which version it is but according to the FSW site.. the latest is Rev2.1. If in doubt.. download it again from your vendor

EDIT: Beaten by YoYo!! BTW.. that revision date is 10 Dec 2014
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0