Odd scenery object switch

Thread: Odd scenery object switch

Odd scenery object switch

So in doing some airports in the past, I had thought to use a T letter object as a small plane parking Tee, you know those painted wings and fuselage on the ramp-which worked well enough. Now, after the PC has been in a box for 3 months and FS miraculously fired up, seemingly OK, I notice all those TEEs have been replaced by a big building on all the AFCADs. They still appear as intended in the sim but all the AFCADs show a big black box, and if I copy it to another location, it shows up as a big building. Whaaa?

Would such an object be hard to make? I've no idea how to create scenery objects.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

If I understand correctly, you're not trying to make a 3-dimensional obect, but to just paint a T-shaped marking on the ramp; a simple marking on the pavement.

I can think of two ways to make a little T-shaped pavement marking. Hopefully at least one of them is different enough from what you're doing to avoid your problem.

One is to make a T-shaped ramp in the appropriate place on top of the real ramp. Make it in the shape and size you want and make it a contrasting color: asphalt on concrete, snow on asphalt, etc.

Another way is to make a T from two little lengths of taxiway of the appropriate width and length, again in a color that contrasts with the ramp.

I can't begin to imagine what's causing the issue you've been seeing. Mighty odd! But I'd be surprised if it continues if you make your T's with pavement markings in one of the ways I suggested. But then, I'm surprised it's happening the way you did it, too! Might be worth a try though.

Good luck!

Meanwhile, I hope someone can explain what's happening in your sim, because it's a fascinating problem and I'd love to know the explanation!

Gremlins...?

If I understand correctly you have placed an object that now shows up as a black box in the program window and works fine in the sim.

Are you using ADE?

The object shows as a black box because ADE does not have that object library in the Library Object Manager. Add the object library into the LOM and the black boxes will go away.

cheers,
    Lane

Members who have read this thread: 1