A Mistel 1 Me109 and Ju88.

Thread: A Mistel 1 Me109 and Ju88.

A Mistel 1 Me109 and Ju88.

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded an Me109 and Ju88 Mistel 1 combo for Fs9.

Obviously they do not separate, but good fun to fly around.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=18922&catid=6

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mistel 1 Fs9 4.jpg  
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 8th, 2014 at 14:45. Reason: Link Added

Now that would certainly turn some heads, Can you imagine sitting in a Cessna Caravan, on your way to an Alaskan fishing expedition and some some bloke pulling up next to you in one of those...?

I will certainly have a go with this bizarre aircraft combo. Thanks Shessi!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Looks like the same one I built in plastic many years ago!

Members +
    Thanks Shessi. AWesome stuff. So nice to see 'different' planes for FS9. Just goes to show how it is still 'hanging in'.
    Just thinking, was there not a civilian combination as well? I seem to recall some sort of sea plane combination?

Glad you like it, one of those 'missing' oddities from the flight-sim world.

And yes Z1, the Short Mayo combo, see pic. It was tried by many to extend ranges, hmmm you got me thinking...????

Shessi

Members +
    Thats the one.. I just could not remember the name. (Pretty please, keep on thinking) :-)
    THAT would look great in my "Golden Wings" install.

Dunno if you seen this...
    http://simviation.com//fs2002military34.htm
    FS2002 "Red Arrows" Display Team "Gypo Section" GMAX
    A new version of a flyable formation of four "Red Arrows" aircraft of Britain's Royal Air Force. This is a standalone package which features revolutionary display animation controlled by the user. It will not overwrite or replace any previous 'REDPACK' downloads as it has different features. Based on a new GMAX design by Mikko Maliniemi, with base textures and modifications for display team packaging by Kari Virtanen. Aircraft have display smoke effects and authentic 'Red One' voice commands (smoke and display)
    & the 2004 update:
    http://simviation.com/fs2004military4.htm

What this guy has done is to create 4, 6 & 9 aircraft as 1x model. So, although you are flying 1x plane, it looks like 4, 6 or 9. With the 6 visuals, it is animated, so, it you hit flaps the 2 outer 'planes' will move. Hard to explain but could be interesting when combined with your plane? Hitting a key to make the control plane 'dissapear'?

Sorry for that, my mind just ran away a bit! ;-)

Z1,
    Yes, I thought of doing that, but in Fs2004 well...er.......just install CFS2 and have some real fun

I also use GW3, and yes will consider the Mayo combo.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Z1,
    Yes, I thought of doing that, but in Fs2004 well...er.......just install CFS2 and have some real fun

I also use GW3, and yes will consider the Mayo combo.

Cheers

Shessi
    Worth contacting Jens Kristensen, who made a very nice series of Short flying boats, including the C-class of which the C-21 was a variant.

Thank you for this Mistel; like Mick I built this in plastic a few years back, as a contrast to the (I think) Dragon Mistel using the Fw 190 and Ju 88 - two Mistels, in 1/48 scale, took up a lot of shelf space!

Love the Tower Bridge photo, which is not quite so fanciful as you might think! My grandfather was a volunteer fireman and fire watcher during the war and was sometimes based during 1944 in the offices at the top of the Bridge, where his main job was doodlebug spotting; when the engine cut out he used to stick his head out of the window, track where the V-1 came down and direct the emergency services to it as quickly as possible.

On one occasion he heard the engine cut, opened the window and .....well, he said he was close enough that he could probably have touched the wingtip! It sailed through that gap and dived into the Thames without, thankfully, detonating; as Tower Bridge was the Luftwaffe's official aiming point this was never reported - letting them know it had come close to actually hitting the Bridge would have undone the disinformation campaign which probably saved London.
    Andy

Great story Andy,

Funny now, as you could imagine his face for that split second....

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 2