FCS Lancaster - Model Updates??

Thread: FCS Lancaster - Model Updates??

After spending quite a lot of time photographing PA474 (BBMF) and C-GVRA (CWHM) during this summers visit, I've noticed a lot of differences between our B.I and the Canadians B.X. The most striking of which (other than the mid-turret positioning) is the tail. It also made me look more closely at the FCS models. I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a model with the correct tail for the BBMFs B.I, and was wondering if any model updates had been made, by FCS themselves, or by any modders in the community?

BBMF - 'Thumper'
    PA474, PDA Day 2014 by Barrie_May, on Flickr

CWHM - 'Vera'
    The Mynarski Lancaster by Barrie_May, on Flickr

The BBMF Lancaster actually has Avro Lincoln tails fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Now that is epic!!! Good eye!

I'm fairly certain that FCS don't actually 'do' updates.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Actually, to correct myself, they are Lancaster tails / rudders, but only a small number of later models were fitted with them, and they were standard on the Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I'm fairly certain that FCS don't actually 'do' updates.
    Indeed!

I quite liked their Hurricane package, and was going to contact them to see if they were going to fix the issues/and problems with the models, but reading other peoples posts on the subject, it seems their ears weren't particularly open!

I think you'll find that their Lancaster is actually a bit of a hybrid.

The Plane Design FS9 Lancasters had the best and most accurate visual model with the correct detail for each variant (including the later rudders for the BBMF version). It just a shame that they have been so quiet for a long time, and no news on FSX/P3D development.

Cheers

Paul

Look Here for patch 1.0 for the Lanc!

http://shop-firstclass.com/collectio...ucts/lancaster

There are also texture mods, available online, that others have done to put the flashings on the inside of the tail fins....cheers!!!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    The Plane Design FS9 Lancasters had the best and most accurate visual model with the correct detail for each variant (including the later rudders for the BBMF version). It just a shame that they have been so quiet for a long time, and no news on FSX/P3D development.
    Agreed. The PD Lancaster is a more accurate external model.

Quote Originally Posted by LE151 View Post
    Look Here for patch 1.0 for the Lanc!

http://shop-firstclass.com/collectio...ucts/lancaster

There are also texture mods, available online, that others have done to put the flashings on the inside of the tail fins....cheers!!!!
    Thanks. This addresses a host of issues but not the model inaccuracies, especially the MR's, many of which ended their days with the 'Lincoln' fins and no forward guns, plus rear-facing camera under the tail turret and a ventral 'dustbin' or a transparent/semi-transparent H2S-style radome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1628878.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	12510

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

slightly off topic, but something that officially confirms my status as grumpy old man!

Everywhere the contents of the FCS Lancaster is listed, and also in the aircraft cfg, and documentation as i recall, it says "Lancaster MR 3 RF325/H-D, School of Maritime Reconnaissance, RAF St. Maqgan, c.1956"

It's ST. MAWGAN, RAF ST MAWGAN, a couple of miles away from where i live!!

Appreciate that the letter Q is next to the letter W and it was probably a typo, but RF325 was the last Lancaster in RAF operational service
    (it left RAF ST.MAWGAN on October 15th 1957 and was flown to RAF Wroughton where it was scrapped)
    And in my opinion should be listed correctly
    Apologies for the rant.
    Last edited by ijay; September 23rd, 2014 at 05:56.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Thanks. This addresses a host of issues but not the model inaccuracies, especially the MR's, many of which ended their days with the 'Lincoln' fins and no forward guns, plus rear-facing camera under the tail turret and a ventral 'dustbin' or a transparent/semi-transparent H2S-style radome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1628878.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	12510

DaveQ
    Same dustbin as the Shackleton had?

Quote Originally Posted by ijay View Post

It's ST. MAWGAN, RAF ST MAWGAN, a couple of miles away from where i live!!

It takes a lad who grew up in Camborne to appreciate this comment! One of my personal bug bears was when BBC Spotlight constantly messed up the news saying "771 Sqn Helicopters flying from 'RAF' Culdrose went to the rescue....." lol

Ok back on topic chaps

Ps fantastic Lanc photos at the start of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Same dustbin as the Shackleton had?
    The FCS 10MR model correctly has the Canadian 'dustbin', though oblong in section not round. Not sure Coastal Command ever used a similar device; they were equipped with H2S radar in a transparent Plexiglass housing. None had armament in the turrets.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 2