C-40 by TDS

Thread: C-40 by TDS

C-40 by TDS

Been Googling for a Boeing 737 C-40 by TDS (if they made one).

I understand they made a freeware version. I am aware of a payware version and
    it is a bit pricy.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Been Googling for a Boeing 737 C-40 by TDS (if they made one).

I understand they made a freeware version. I am aware of a payware version and
    it is a bit pricy.

Thanks.
    have you seen this one? http://www.arianedesign.com/Store.do...ry&category=66

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I did..... I also noticed the price too. $56 US Bucks!!!

Thanks anyway.

I did..... I also noticed the price too. $56 US Bucks!!!

Thanks anyway.
    opps sorry i had a brainfart and thought it was 34 USD not pounds

The TDS model is nice. Still have to do a VC merge but the instructions are better (seems easier than the P-8A)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captuljljlre.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	12426

Name:	Capaaature.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	12427

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    The TDS model is nice. Still have to do a VC merge but the instructions are better (seems easier than the P-8A)

Name:	Captuljljlre.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	12426
    So is that model payware or freeware? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    So is that model payware or freeware? NC
    Looks like the freeware version found on flightsim.com based on his pics. Especially since there is no VC.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Merging is simple, just install the model, then copy over the including FsX files.

Make sure all texture folders have a texture.cfg file that includes these lines:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e
    fallback.4=..\..\B737_800\texture
    Then add this line to the model.cfg for each model:

interior=..\..\B737_800\model\B737_800_interior
    If your viewpoint isn't in the right place you might want to copy the "[views]" section over from the default 737.

The default 737 'B737_800.cab' from the panel folder needs to be copied to FsX\gauges for the VC gauges to work.

And check this thread too: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-pack-released
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

No gauges

Attachment 12428
    my model cfg:

[models]
    normal=TDSXP8A_CFM56-7B27.mdl
    interior=B737_800_interior

I copied the 737 800 cab to the gauges folder as well.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Check the panel.cfg if the [Vcockpit0] sections are present (There should be three), if not, copy these over from the default 737 over as well.
    Not all TDS models are supplied with these sections included.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

No VC for me

I've tried to get a vc cockpit and managed to mess it all up = no vc cockpit. About all I can mange to get is the standard cockpit.
    I was so close last attempt. I read the read me on how to install a vc in the enclosed file. I was about 75-80% there.

As of late, about all I can get is a cockpit with oversize gauges and a VC cockpit that is strange looking.

I deleted all that I had originally installed and tried from A to Z over and over getting different results. I may just settle for a no VC cockpit and leave it at that.
    It a little frustrating to me as I was so hoping for success.

Attachment 12432
    Am I to replace all the folder below the yellow FSX circle with those above?

It never mentioned to take th default 737-800 cab file and paste it to the gauges folder. What a mess.

Am I to replace all the folder below the yellow FSX circle with those above?
    Yep.

It never mentioned to take th default 737-800 cab file and paste it to the gauges folder. What a mess.
    Again, yep. I have done it so many times - with TDS and other native FSX interiors/vc's it is often easy/quick to do but may not work first or second time. You may need to restart FSX. IMPORTANT - you still need to copy the default 738 vc textures into EITHER each texture OR make a texture.cfg that aliases them to a master texture folder (otherwise you get gauges but a black vc - the opposite of your issue . .)
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Navy C40 Repaint

Would like to see this as a repaint for the TDS C40

Would like to see this as a repaint for the TDS C40

Same here GE, I would love to see VR-57, The Conquistadors, out of NAS North Island. Have friends there, in fact one of them was their Command Master Chief.A few years ago I had an open invite to take my family to visit that unit.

You know the best part of being an Aviation Ordnanceman? You make lots of friends when you are one of the ones in charge of the guns, and those friendships are long lived with lots of perks Not that I ever took up a lot of them. If I get back down there I 'll take lots of pics for the repainters. I need to see the Firehawks down there anyway.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    Same here GE, I would love to see VR-57, The Conquistadors, out of NAS North Island. Have friends there, in fact one of them was their Command Master Chief.A few years ago I had an open invite to take my family to visit that unit.

You know the best part of being an Aviation Ordnanceman? You make lots of friends when you are one of the ones in charge of the guns, and those friendships are long lived with lots of perks Not that I ever took up a lot of them. If I get back down there I 'll take lots of pics for the repainters. I need to see the Firehawks down there anyway.

https://www.johnfry.com/pages/VR-57.html

Looks like ariane already has the different VR liverys already done.

http://www.arianedesign.com/Content....t=news/737-C40

Is it possible to get THIS panel to work with the freeware TDS Boeing 737. Am thinking this would be cool to use with the C40? NC It is on Flightsim.com today.

<center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 12.7919998168945px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">FSX - FSX Panels</center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 12.7919998168945px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">FSX "MilOpsB" WV Panel For TDS Boeing 737NG
    </center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 12.7919998168945px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: fsx_tds_milopsb_wv_panel_project.zip
    Size: 53,100,332 Date: 02-17-2015 Downloads: 73

FSX "MilOpsB" WV Panel For TDS Boeing 737NG. Presents a day/blackout look, gauged with military-type green LCD CRTs. Cool-blue night lighting with optional under-glareshield spots. Popups include custom overhead, pedestal group, HUD, radar, V-speeds and Garrett Smith's FMC in blackout face (requires FMC-1.ZIP). Altitude callouts and pushback. For your military, special ops and BBJ aircraft. Includes individual panel sets for the TDS 737-600, 700/700ER/MAX7, 700C, 800/MAX8 and 900/900ER/MAX9, pre-loaded and configured with TDS' control and animation .xml. Also includes Kenwigair's custom FDEs for each platform. By Ken Wigginton.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Is it possible to get THIS panel to work with the freeware TDS Boeing 737. Am thinking this would be cool to use with the C40? NC It is on Flightsim.com today.

<center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 12.7919998168945px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">FSX - FSX Panels</center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 12.7919998168945px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">FSX "MilOpsB" WV Panel For TDS Boeing 737NG
    </center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 12.7919998168945px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: fsx_tds_milopsb_wv_panel_project.zip
    Size: 53,100,332 Date: 02-17-2015 Downloads: 73

FSX "MilOpsB" WV Panel For TDS Boeing 737NG. Presents a day/blackout look, gauged with military-type green LCD CRTs. Cool-blue night lighting with optional under-glareshield spots. Popups include custom overhead, pedestal group, HUD, radar, V-speeds and Garrett Smith's FMC in blackout face (requires FMC-1.ZIP). Altitude callouts and pushback. For your military, special ops and BBJ aircraft. Includes individual panel sets for the TDS 737-600, 700/700ER/MAX7, 700C, 800/MAX8 and 900/900ER/MAX9, pre-loaded and configured with TDS' control and animation .xml. Also includes Kenwigair's custom FDEs for each platform. By Ken Wigginton.
    That would be a hoot if it could. I have that same plane, enjoy the cargo doors opening and you can see the stuff in there. I think it looks like pallets of "Oly" in there.
    Wish there was some animated truck that would unload the cargo on it. That would be a nice touch.

I don't know what it is but the TDS 737 absolutely kills my frames. Whatever it is it's completely erratic and the frame rate never stabilizes. Oscillates rapidly between 30 and 3. I uninstalled it.

Am planning to try this aircraft/panel combo in both FSX-steam and P3DV2.5 if it would work? NC

Members who have read this thread: 6