Lear 24B Update

Thread: Lear 24B Update

Lear 24B Update

Bill has added an update for the Lear 24B on his Lear Page at "Lionheart Creations". He has added one item in particular that should make a lot of people happy. Get it here and enjoy. It should also be up on the sites you purchased from as well. The file on his website is the update only so you don't have to download the full 500+meg full download. Thanks Bill!!

Kudos to Bill. That's a very impressive update.

As a GTN user, the ability to hot-swap out the radar face for a blank spot is really exciting. Will be testing it out tonight!

Wow, this is are great news. Finally a GPS in the cockpit:-)

WOWIE! Thanks Bill, and thanks Ed for the post! NC

Did anyone put the RXP GNS 530 gauge on the blank face plate? Can you share the panel.cfg additions please.
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Did anyone put the RXP GNS 530 gauge on the blank face plate? Can you share the panel.cfg additions please.
    Actually I purchased the WX500 Weather Radar this morning, but after quite a few attempts it appears that all these do is add a pop-up. I couldn't find any way to actually add anything into the VC. Asking for a refund.

It is possible to add it to a VC. I've seen several examples. Ask Bert Pieke at the RXP forum (simforums).
    Anneke

I'll be updating mine tonight, and attempting to add the GTN on the blank face. I'll post my results.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    It is possible to add it to a VC. I've seen several examples. Ask Bert Pieke at the RXP forum (simforums).
    I posted a request for help and Bert hasn't answered yet but another Senior member did and seems unaware of any way to add these components directly to a VC.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I posted a request for help and Bert hasn't answered yet but another Senior member did and seems unaware of any way to add these components directly to a VC.
    Without the plane or gauges this will be ...challenging.

Basically you are going to add a new [VCockpitnn] section to the panel.cfg.

From the default C172...

[VCockpit01]
    size_mm=512,512
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$C172s_1
    background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 69,457, 20, 19

Hopefully Bill gives you the texture name and dimensions, including the corner of the gauge on the texture.

The gauge should come with instructions that provide the gauge container name and the gauge name.

This may take some trial and error.

Hope this helps,
    Lane

Some more info, from reading another forum I am lead to believe the [VCockpitnn] section already exists (after the update is applied) and you just replace the default GPS with your radar gauge.

Finally got a reply from Bert who explained how it can be done with the latest 1.1 update to the Lear. However, when I installed the pop up, saved and then loaded the Lear it crashed. Then after closing the sim and restarting a new flight with a default airplane and then switching to the Lear. . .it crashed again. . .so my assumption is that it isn't compatible.

UPDATE: RXP Gauges will not work in P3D_V2.3. . .if they are designated for FSX then it is only FSX that they will work in. Since they don't intend to produce for P3D then that market dries up for P3D users. Unfortunate.

Neat - I wish more developers would give us the option of a blank flat panel like that so as to install our own gauges.

I installed the GTN750 into the VC tonight. The 650 might be a better fit, with the height in that spot the 750 ends up a bit small if you keep it in it's height / width proportion. No pics (it's late & I'm tired) but it installed easy enough:

The update installs a new panel.cfg file; it has three sections titled [Vcockpit04], [Vcockpit05] & [Vcockpit06]. The last one is the flat panel.

To install the 750 so it's at it's proper proportions (and center it in the panel space), I used:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 90, 109, 846, 801, UNIT1.VC

If you want it to fill the spot & don't mind the gauge being stretched horizontally, use:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750, 90, 109, 1011, 801, UNIT1.VC

Thanks Jimmy and for the RXP GNS530 the lines added to the [Vcockpit06] section is:

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530, 7,109,1011,801

For FSX that is...
    Anneke

Members who have read this thread: 6