Cheers.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
    Hello,

@F-4F PM sent.
    Cheers.
    Read your PM :-)

The following was posted by Bill who made this Lear 24B on his Lionheart Creations facebook page.

Many (most) people that were having issues with the Learjet have found that it was from using
    'cold and dark' saved flights from other planes to try to run their Lears in, starting up in cold and
    dark flights that did 'not' originate from the Lear itself.

This causes massive issues. The reason being is that when you turn off all the controls of a plane,
    what ever it might be, all of those switches (coded commands) are saved in 'off' mode when you
    'save' that flight. Now, when you start up in another plane, if it had radios set in NAV2, an avionics
    switch off, fuel selector (one) turned to off, and perhaps a few other conditions (command positions;
    off), then you try to start the Lear with that file set, then you have a mess.

For instance one; Mixtures from a turboprop turned to off (to shut off the turbines, etc, who knows).
    With those 'off', the turbines cannot start in the Lear. This could also cause one engine to run lean,
    where it burns only 2/3rds what it should.

For instance two; a single fuel selector plane in 'off' might jam up the 'auto-syncro' logic in the Lear,
    causing one engine not to start. This can also be the culprit that is causing planes to shut down when
    they should auto-switch from tip tank to wing tank, causing flame out, because the selector wasnt
    under the logic commands in the Lear software.

For instance three; no avionics switch. The Lear has no such switch. It was not in the Lear. So if you
    go to start up the Lear with a saved file that has this turned off, good luck. None of your avionics can
    be turned on because there is no switch in the Lear for that.

So.... What does this tell you? You CANNOT use another aircraft's cold and dark save point to start
    up the Lear in. IT WILL NOT WORK.

Sorry to be so 'strong' on this, but all the emails from people this weekend with problems (all but 2)
    were from this one issue. I even posted messages on a popup note in the plane, and in the clipboard,
    to 'not' use another cold and dark save file to start up the Lear in.

When you do, you simply will not have all the correct switches in the Lear to turn on/off, you will not
    have systems 'synched' with the Lear's logic software. Bottom line. Will not work.....

So, create 'fresh' cold and dark 'saved flight files' using the Lear itself, fully running, and NOT another plane.

Please spread the word.
    The bit about the Lear not having an Avionics on/off switch is the best reason for doing it the right way,
    not the easy or "worked for me before" way described elsewhere.

Hello folks,

I am getting nearer to finish the paints for the Learjet.
    Good thing is, that I have learned very much about painting technics with these projects:-)
    I have 5 paints in the working. 4 of them are for the public. One request for personal use.
    I will upload them as soon I have the time to put everything into the right place.
    I will contact the persons with the requests about further progress by PM.

With best regards,

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by F-4F View Post
    Hallo Anneke,

today I have found some time to give your request a try.
    Do you know, if the registration is only on the tail fin??

Christoph
    Very nice Christoph! Only I'm afraid that I can't answer your question
    I'll grant you all the artistic liberty you see fit
    Anneke

Blog Entries
    Hey Christoph ... that paint looks ... hawt! Bravo!

dl

DOH, was trying to start it from the cold and dark setup I had with the Nemeth Huey and she started going vertical, just straight up, was the strangest thing, LOL

Joking, don't have it yet, but it looks like a solid release. Nice new paints C also!
    Best, Michael

You know, it would be a rather simple bit of programming to make either a 'cold and dark' .FLT file generator or a program that could, via simconnect, set everything relevant for a specific addon to cold and dark while the sim is running.

I wonder if there's a need for it. Sure seems like something developers could use & distribute with such addons as these.

Unrelated to the above: I'm curious why a turboprop model was chosen for the engines. Is there a reason for it? Note that this is not meant to be critical, but I'm curious.

Oops..

Didnt know the Learjet is not dx10 supported. Just downloaded the 500+ MB file and installed it. I am too tired to fire her up so not sure what the drawbacks are of using it under my dx10 setup. Hopefully it will be minor. But having the first glance, its a good looking bizjet mr. Ortis
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    You know, it would be a rather simple bit of programming to make either a 'cold and dark' .FLT file generator or a program that could, via simconnect, set everything relevant for a specific addon to cold and dark while the sim is running.
    I wonder if there's a need for it. Sure seems like something developers could use & distribute with such addons as these.
    Unrelated to the above: I'm curious why a turboprop model was chosen for the engines. Is there a reason for it? Note that this is not meant to be critical, but I'm curious.
    I realize this is an old post, but since it was pulled up by "Peg-o-my-heart" and made current again. . .the Cold and Dark startup was explained in detail when the airplane was released, it was made quite clear that anything other than the sequence explained in the release post, the manual and the website would be prone to exhibiting problems. Some time ago now, Bill posted several cold and dark startup files on his website for those who couldn't quite get it right, yet there are still those who hear it said, see it written in black and white and then toss that out the window because they "have always done it this way and it's always worked before", lol. Just amazing. Even now Bill continues to get e-mails from folks who are irate because they can't get the airplane started. They buy it, install it, load it, hit ctrl+E and nothing happens, then they load another airplane, get it running then load the Lear back and only one engines running and they can't get the other to start and it's Bills fault, lol, lol. Sorry Jimmy, you just happened to be the post I keyed on because of the question about setting up pre-set "Cold and Dark" files for startups. He made those files not very long after the release of the Lear and publicized it on the Forums and on FB yet folks still complain, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    Oops..
    Didnt know the Learjet is not dx10 supported. Just downloaded the 500+ MB file and installed it. I am too tired to fire her up so not sure what the drawbacks are of using it under my dx10 setup. Hopefully it will be minor. But having the first glance, its a good looking bizjet mr. Ortis
    I believe that information was available in the manual prior to the Lear's release, it was also noted in red letters on his website. I only have P3D_V2.4 so I can't speak to what loses you might experience in FSX since it isn't DX10 supported, maybe someone else who has it and is in the same boat can relate?

Blog Entries
    Works fine in my DX10 setup.

dl

Hi, thank you.

OK. The artifacts is there but it could be just my anti alias settings. All is well here. My bad.

Warning: Do not cut off the mixture in order to have a cold and dark state using another plane, the Learjet doesn't have mixture lever, it will result failure to starting the engine (and it doesnt have avionic switch..)

Great add on, I was extremely happy with F24, found 3 youtube tutorial videos and a handful of tips on their site!
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I realize this is an old post, but since it was pulled up by "Peg-o-my-heart" and made current again. . .the Cold and Dark startup was explained in detail when the airplane was released, it was made quite clear that anything other than the sequence explained in the release post, the manual and the website would be prone to exhibiting problems. Some time ago now, Bill posted several cold and dark startup files on his website for those who couldn't quite get it right, yet there are still those who hear it said, see it written in black and white and then toss that out the window because they "have always done it this way and it's always worked before", lol. Just amazing. Even now Bill continues to get e-mails from folks who are irate because they can't get the airplane started. They buy it, install it, load it, hit ctrl+E and nothing happens, then they load another airplane, get it running then load the Lear back and only one engines running and they can't get the other to start and it's Bills fault, lol, lol. Sorry Jimmy, you just happened to be the post I keyed on because of the question about setting up pre-set "Cold and Dark" files for startups. He made those files not very long after the release of the Lear and publicized it on the Forums and on FB yet folks still complain, lol.

Simply because you chose my post to key on... I hope you aren't referring to me complaining about this release, because I never have. I am and always have been a very big supporter of Bill's work, and this release is no different.

My post above was simply 'musing' about how I could easily see how a program could be setup to set *any* complex plane to a cold and dark (or other state) that perhaps uses but does not expose all of the default FSX controls, or even more complex planes that extensively use LVars. No one seemed interested, so I promptly forgot all about the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Works fine in my DX10 setup.

dl
    Could you give me details of your DX 10 setup because it does not work with mine? Thanks in advance.
    Claude

Members who have read this thread: 1