2015 NASCAR Silly Season - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 NASCAR Silly Season

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Hmmmm, that would be interesting to see.
    Yeah the only problem is that it will probably never happen
    -> http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ay&FORM=HDRSC2

Hey All,

Believe it was the late Dan Wheldon who won the last race at the late Nazareth Speedway.

Don't know how many of you know of Mark Knopfler. Here he is with Emmylou.

Speedway at Nazareth.

Only prob with the video is it woulda been nice if Emmy had played a Martin instead a that big moustache Gibson - but it is her trademark guitar. Nazareth is the home of my favorite guitar maker - C F Martin Guitar.

NASCAR owners as part of ISC shut er down to move racing to Watkins Glen IIRC.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Well I was at the last local county fair in my area and so missed all but the last 125 laps or so at Richmond. As I settled in to watch it I was trying to figure out if Richmond was somehow turned into a mile and a half track. I saw way more 1.5 mile style racing than any short track racing. Now the announcer said it was hard to get the setups right but obviously Brad got it right. I bet the other part is that NASCAR "laid down the law" on anything that could look like a "shenanigan" to favor a driver and so everybody was real careful tippy toeing around each other. Seems karma works too - the "itchy" driver that spun leading to all last years "shenanigans" was first car outside the chase. Karma...

Saw the F1 results too - nothing surprising.

-Ed-
    Yes, the Sprint Cup race at Richmond was really tame this time. I'm sure, especially with the media recapping last year's shenanigans, that NASCAR laid down the law and everyone was on their best behavior. As for karma, that could very well be the case.

By the way, I got to see the flyover before any of the fans at RIR saw it. The formation of T6's flew over my house as I was grilling some steaks in preparation for the night's event.

Oh, and then there was this...

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/07/nascar-fan-on-fence-at-rir/

Stupid is as stupid does.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

JJ had a tough time standing up after that race was over!

Icon5

You know if you look at the video...
    It seems like there's a Security Officer everyone 100ft or so.....

So how the heck did that guy get on the fence without one of those Security Officers stopping him?

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Yes, the Sprint Cup race at Richmond was really tame this time. I'm sure, especially with the media recapping last year's shenanigans, that NASCAR laid down the law and everyone was on their best behavior. As for karma, that could very well be the case.

By the way, I got to see the flyover before any of the fans at RIR saw it. The formation of T6's flew over my house as I was grilling some steaks in preparation for the night's event.

Oh, and then there was this...

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/07/nascar-fan-on-fence-at-rir/

Stupid is as stupid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    You know if you look at the video... It seems like there's a Security Officer everyone 100ft or so..... So how the heck did that guy get on the fence without one of those Security Officers stopping him?
    He reportedly waited for the patrol officer to pass by, then quickly climbed the fence. He was drunk, it was his birthday and he wanted to be on tv.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 1