Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk Update...Read on. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk Update...Read on.

Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk Update...Read on.

I would love to help. I own this add on aircraft but Have not flown the real jet. I have lots of RW jet experience and lots of fsx time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Ditto...ditto...

BTW got some new Virtavia A-4 skins in the oven, 1 finished and 3 are in process.

Hey expat, where might one find that skin? Is that the one by skyhawka4m?

Really looking forward to try out that new FDE.

Steve
    Hi Steve, how are those new Scooter skins coming? Super looking forward to those!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Hi Steve, how are those new Scooter skins coming? Super looking forward to those!
    Hey, Eric. Running a little behind schedule. Was out of pocket for 3 days last week. And...I would have choose my first repaints for FSX to have among the more sophisticated folder structures! However...I just finished packaging 2 but I still have to test to make sure they load as advertised. Maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have 3 of them uploaded.

Haven't selected my next repaint. Any thoughts on a USN or USMC candidate for an E or F that doesn't have a slanted banner/stripe/ribbon over the fuselage? Stretching is extremely exaggerated on the top 1/3 of the fuselage which nixes any but the shallowest of slanted fuselage banners.

Also probably ought to start a new thread for further updates.. Apologies to mal998 for the hijack!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hey, Eric. Running a little behind schedule. Was out of pocket for 3 days last week. And...I would have choose my first repaints for FSX to have among the more sophisticated folder structures! However...I just finished packaging 2 but I still have to test to make sure they load as advertised. Maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have 3 of them uploaded.

Haven't selected my next repaint. Any thoughts on a USN or USMC candidate for an E or F that doesn't have a slanted banner/stripe/ribbon over the fuselage? Stretching is extremely exaggerated on the top 1/3 of the fuselage which nixes any but the shallowest of slanted fuselage banners.

Also probably ought to start a new thread for further updates.. Apologies to mal998 for the hijack!

Would a VA-212 Rampant Raiders be one you'd enjoy? One of my fave USN schemes on A-4s ...

Am more of a fan of the no-hump E, but the colours on this later '212 F model are (imho) just are a bit nicer than on the earlier cruise 212 E model schemes with the white rudder ...

Just food for thought. Your VMA-121 paint is already one I'm eagerly looking forward to.

Take care,

dl

"Apologies to mal998 for the hijack!"

Not to worry. It's great to see the Scooter getting some well-deserved attention. Gives me impetus to continue working on the FDE updates. Thanks!

+1 to a VA-212 paint, and many grateful thanks to everyone who has put time in on the A-4. Definitely one of my favorite birds.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

a 212 like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NP304aa.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	12706

Name:	304a.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	12705

I did a few as well. But as usual for me never got around to uploading them anywhere.

Blog Entries
    YES to all of the above!!!

Grady - I've seen what you did with the Milviz Sabre (or "Fury" ), so I'm stoked about seeing what your paintbrush did to the Scooter.... yum!

dl

Name:	150049a4evt7a.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	12707

I'm digging the training command bird, here's a similar one.

Blog Entries
    My reference to Frank (safranek) earlier was in the context of a VT- paint he did. In case you missed it ... here, as well as a few other places ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=15151&catid=3

... still, the VT-25 paint looks different enough ... I'd be into it, if released!

dl

So have the flight dynamics of the Virtavia A-4 been updated, and are they available for download? I see all sorts of posts about new paints, but no updates about a modded FD? Thanks, NC

The FDE updates are a WIP. So far I've only had time to work on the first three models. It's going to be a while before all 22 aircraft have been updated and tested. Your patience will be much appreciated.

mal

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    The FDE updates are a WIP. So far I've only had time to work on the first three models. It's going to be a while before all 22 aircraft have been updated and tested. Your patience will be much appreciated.

mal
    Thanks for the update, Mal

Can someone please send me the updated FDE?
    I`ve PM`d Mal,but got no answer.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Can someone please send me the updated FDE?
    I`ve PM`d Mal,but got no answer.
    Mike
    Mike, I don't beleive he is finished yet. He said it is a work in progress. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Mike, I don't beleive he is finished yet. He said it is a work in progress. NC
    I have read this and thought,that i could also get the updated FDE.

Hi All!
    I started updating the flight dyanmics for the Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk package. So far I have completed the 0-1 Clean model. I'm looking for a couple of guys who already own the aircraft and would like to take the new files for a test flight and report back. Full flight testing is not necessary. Just take her for a spin, do a couple of carrier landings and take-offs and let me know how she flies. These files will be used as a template for all the other aircraft version updates.

PM me if you own the package and are interested in testing these new files.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I have read this and thought,that i could also get the updated FDE.

Hi All!
    I started updating the flight dyanmics for the Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk package. So far I have completed the 0-1 Clean model. I'm looking for a couple of guys who already own the aircraft and would like to take the new files for a test flight and report back. Full flight testing is not necessary. Just take her for a spin, do a couple of carrier landings and take-offs and let me know how she flies. These files will be used as a template for all the other aircraft version updates.

PM me if you own the package and are interested in testing these new files.

Im in! ejoiner2 AT gee mail dot com

I will just patiently wait. Eventually Mal will finish. No problem. Looking forward to it! NC

Members who have read this thread: 4