Duxford Legends 2014

Thread: Duxford Legends 2014

Duxford Legends 2014

Had a great day today, thought i'd share, im not great at flying shots im afraid but hopfully you'll find some to please,

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/833607/album/687809

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    very nice !!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Hi Ian - cracking photo's from Duxford though not surprised at the weather in some of the shots.....I had a similar backdrop on Friday at the RIAT 'Lite' day....

May I ask, I've been hunting around trying to find a decent online facility for sharing photo's but had never come across 'Ipernity' before - would you recommend them as it does looks a pretty good site ?

tia
    Kevin

Hi Kev, glad you like the pics, I had to move from Flicker, and 'Ipernity' was recommended by other forum members, i really like it, its no frills and very simple to use "just does what it says on the tin", no adds or gimicks either.
    Hope RIAT went well, been going to Fairford for almost 20 years, fancy'd something different this year but i did miss those Fitters
    cheers ian

That's good enough for me then - thank-you for that, Ian, I'll give 'em a go and post a link here with my RIAT shots.

I'd given RIAT a miss for four years (after nine straight years attending) for a couple of reasons - mainly it being a shadow of a show that it used to be - but as it was the Reds' 50th anniversary, I went on the Friday. Never again. Although pre-advised, a third of the airfield was closed off for movements for the main shows on Saturday & Sunday whilst the static display was quite simply a joke. With the doors opening at 10:00 a.m. and flying from 13:00 - 17:00 the display was moderate at best. For the difference in entry price the organisers made a killing. The only up-side was with a gate limit of only 10,000 it was a breeze getting off the airfield at the end of the day ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 0