Virtavia Seaking

Thread: Virtavia Seaking

Virtavia Seaking

Has anyone installed the Virtavia Sea King in P3D V2 and managed to get around the "transparent" body issue.

I had no problems with it when installed in FSX, I have removed it from FSX and only installed it into P3D and the dreaded transparent body has come back.

Any ideas?

Best,

Sketchy

I installed it directly into P3d & it works fine for me.

Edit: it does show with a transparent body in the preview window, but is OK in sim.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I installed it directly into P3d & it works fine for me.

Edit: it does show with a transparent body in the preview window, but is OK in sim.
    Dave, thanks for the reply mate, you know I just saw it looking transparent in the preview and didn't go further, away for a couple of nights, will check it in game on my return.

Cheers,

Fraser

Bugger,

No joy, still transparent in game too.

I guess the license file is in the wrong place or it's something to do with the fact that it was installed on FSx on the same drive before...I will have to do some poking around.

Cheers,

Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Bugger,

No joy, still transparent in game too.
    I guess the license file is in the wrong place or it's something to do with the fact that it was installed on FSx on the same drive before...I will have to do some poking around.

Cheers,
    Fraser
    That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Normally transparency issues are related to the alpha channel, which in this case is handled differently in P3D than it is in FSX. Have you checked the alpha channel for the main body of the chopper? If it's quite dark, try lightening it up some to see if that makes a difference. If this is a payware product, which I assume it is, have you tried their customer service to see if they have a remedy? They may explain that it wasn't built for P3D, but I have a lot of native FSX aircraft (freeware and payware) that have no issues of this type at all.

It's part of the Virtavia copy protection. If it thinks it's a dodgy copy, it won't display the exterior body and put the sim into pause mode.

Yes, it's a good anti-piracy solution but also a pain to those who did pay for it and due to issues like this fail to have it show correctly...

I'll post a request for help on the Virtavia forum... Oh yes that's the problem lol.

Have you got a "virtavia.dll" in the P3d root directory?

I tried this yesterday and got nowhere, thats even after reinstalling and downloading the licence keys. However good news! I remembered something about copying the .lic file from the virtavia install folder to windows folder and its working.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Have you got a "virtavia.dll" in the P3d root directory?
    Hi Dave,

Sorry for the slow reply, I checked the .dll was in the root directory but still no joy, trying to re-instal it now... Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Hi Dave,

Sorry for the slow reply, I checked the .dll was in the root directory but still no joy, trying to re-instal it now... Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Fraser
    Try doing what i did with the .lic file didnt working untill i did that. Also note that the preview still shows half an aircraft but when you select and it goes back to the create scenario or in sim its OK

Members who have read this thread: 2