SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

Glad y'all thought about TACPACK right out of the gate. Will be nice to AND fight in a Phantom, instead of just flying around.

Great work.
    I pass gas!

Agree! Nice to see TacPack logo! CRG!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I believe someone asked for this one??

I just hope that this aircraft isn't a MUST HAVE for TACPAC. PLEASE allow for weapons to be changed via the loading panel in the sim. I only bought the M2M Mirage because it allows for just that via typing a different number for each weapons or store, or at least for the common loads, like fuel tanks, sparrows and winders.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I just hope that this aircraft isn't a MUST HAVE for TACPAC. PLEASE allow for weapons to be changed via the loading panel in the sim. I only bought the M2M Mirage because it allows for just that via typing a different number for each weapons or store, or at least for the common loads, like fuel tanks, sparrows and winders.
    Yes, you can load weapons in the weight manager. All weapons use real world weights, and every rack location is modeled. Actually, that's how Nicolas is loading his weapons in these screenshots. He doesn't have TacPack.

Jamal

Stunning image!!
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by spins_vmfa321 View Post
    yes, you can load weapons in the weight manager. All weapons use real world weights, and every rack location is modeled. Actually, that's how nicolas is loading his weapons in these screenshots. He doesn't have tacpack.

Jamal

thank you!!!! Hey Spins how about a VMFA-321 F-4B........they had them

VF-51 CAG bird looks great. I'm sure at some point you USMC painters will come up with VMFA-323 "Death Rattlers" and VMFA-531 "Grey Ghosts" paint jobs from the 1979-80 deployment aboard USS Coral Sea (CV-43). F-4N's were updated F-4B's so the aircraft model works well.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    VF-51 CAG bird looks great. I'm sure at some point you USMC painters will come up with VMFA-323 "Death Rattlers" and VMFA-531 "Grey Ghosts" paint jobs from the 1979-80 deployment aboard USS Coral Sea (CV-43). F-4N's were updated F-4B's so the aircraft model works well.
    The interior would be a sticking point, especially the amount of changes in the back seat.
    Of course I think you can't have an F4B without an F4N ............
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

thank you!!!! Hey Spins how about a VMFA-321 F-4B........they had them

Yeah, I started one, (the Bicentennial scheme), but I stopped to get the payload manager loading and to help get the TP stuff rolling along. Plus, I suck at painting. :P

Jamal

Posing for a photo in Miramar, before starting up the aircraft.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhantomII_Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	11556

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

This is looking so good

Have you got a VF-84 Jolly Rogers paint in the works by any chance?

Matt

I had this one over my desk waiting...

So, here's the deal:

This one is from the F-4N version. Which had a couple versions, full white radome, and one with the eyebrow. Thing is that I've found very hard to find information about them. I have no clue on which were the names of the Pilot and RIO. And if I can't find that info I will be forced to drop the livery. I could have done the F-4B version of this scheme (the one with the yellow and black stripe over the fuse and the flag skull) but I decided to leave that one for someone else when we release a paintkit.

Any help with the missing info will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Please do release it, even if its after release. Sorry I cant help with crew names. Personally it wouldn't bother me if the names are not included or fictitious. That particular paint looks real good of the F4.

Matt

how about a sister squadron bird from VF-41?

any chance you'll be doing the slightly different F-4N variant??

or maybe some USN Reserve aircraft?

how about a sister squadron bird from VF-41?
    Those decal sheets are so handy for repaint noobs like myself

any chance you'll be doing the slightly different F-4N variant??

or maybe some USN Reserve aircraft?

Ditto the reserve squadron's request.....VF-201 Hunters (Superheats' sister squadron at NAS Dallas).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 151476 F-4N VF-201 AF112 (jul81) PMC.jpg  

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Ok, so, let's focus on something different. We've seen quite a few paint schemes, let's take a look at the VC.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Screenshots are work in progress and not representative of the final product.
    Excellent!!! Really looking forward to this one.

The model looks great so far ... hope you'll fix the bulge under the radome and the shiny burner cans.

I also hope that at some point you'll consider doing an F-4C, if only a visual model. You have the basis, and "all" (sure) that would be needed is a correct chin on the radome and USAF pylons. Further refinement could include the larger tires ,bulged wing, and correct cockpits, but I think most folks would be happy visually with just the chin and pylons. And talk about pylons, please note that the F-4 rarely ever flew without inboard pylons.

And just like the B/N, you might consider a C/D ..., and ..., and ....

Gene K

Gene,

We already informed you that we would do a D external.

Why you would make us and Jamal waste our time doing the same models? It's a horrible waste of resources for both teams to do the same things. We're not exactly friends with Jamal but we're certainly not about to tread on their Pherritory. (Colin asked that I use this term though I know it doesn't exist).

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    Excellent!!! Really looking forward to this one.

The model looks great so far ... hope you'll fix the bulge under the radome and the shiny burner cans.

I also hope that at some point you'll consider doing an F-4C, if only a visual model. You have the basis, and "all" (sure) that would be needed is a correct chin on the radome and USAF pylons. Further refinement could include the larger tires ,bulged wing, and correct cockpits, but I think most folks would be happy visually with just the chin and pylons. And talk about pylons, please note that the F-4 rarely ever flew without inboard pylons.

And just like the B/N, you might consider a C/D ..., and ..., and ....

Gene K
    Heya Gene,
    Alex and I have been batting this around, and I'm not 100% sure if "we" will do an F-4C or D, ie., provide a paint scheme for it. Anyone is welcome, too, though. I have gone through and made the final corrections to make the model more specific to the Navy by removing the triangular reinforcement plates from the stabiltos. I'm also working on the various ECM versions, but the model is very nearly done.

I'll let Alex make the final determination, but, we shall see, sir! I don't think there's a ton of cockpit changes, and it really may not take that long to do.

Thanks so much for the interest!
    Jamal

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Why you would make us and Jamal waste our time doing the same models?.
    Sorry - I didn't mean to inadvertently tread on your toes. Frankly, at this early point, with my extremely limited experience with either company, SimWorks seems a little more receptive to possible future expansion, and the D could be a step toward a C model (or vica versa). I'll, of course, be getting both company's models, and am hopeful both develop successful Phantoms ranges (with a minimal "waste" of time).

Again, sorry for inadvertently precipitating this uncomfortable miscommunication.

Gene K

I'll certainly be getting both on launch, as they both deserve hangar space.

I'm then only(?) waiting for a definitive FGR2 - with INS.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 4