Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

I know, the collection chamber? Sammlungskammer is inside the engine cowling. Behind the inlets - at least the Mark 1 has three intakes - one is on the top of cowling (I am quite sure this the important one) and 2 are left and right. German Manual says nothing more about them.

Wiki says about the Allison 250 C20:
    Allison adopted a reverse airflow engine configuration for the Model 250: although air enters the intake/compression system in the conventional fashion, the compressed air leaving the centrifugal compressor diffuser is ducted rearwards around the turbine system, before being turned through 180 degrees at entry to the combustor.

Perhaps, collection chamber is wrong translated, better is centrifugal compressor diffuser...

English handbook would be nice - but I have only a German one...

The "Zweitluftsystem" is important for me, because inlet-flaps are animated in models and system closed impacts performance like real.

Thomas

I was only being sarcastic about google translate, but actually it didn't do too bad for a total translation. That's the thing with google translate; you really need to keep translating sections, or sentences back and forth between languages to find the correct translation, and sometimes you need to concentrate on one word at a time. Sorry my German is not good. I can sometimes figure out individual words, but for text translation I would be useless.

Flight1 released a GNS line compatible with Steam and Prepar3D

b747 Flight1 released a GNS line compatible with Steam and Prepar3D
    LOL yep we need another retrofitted Soloy!!
    Anneke

Yes I noticed it some time ago. But there is no 3D-adaption possible at the moment. But I am quite sure, you can use it without working 3D knobs in P3D instead of RXP (which is not available for P3D).

News - German Manual is 100 % finished, send it today to the betas. If you have a bit time the next days and you are willing to help me out for English translation, PM is more than welcome.

And there is a new picture out of P3D VC Floats with some new details to see.

Thomas

Payware quality from top companies on sim market! CRG!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Yes I noticed it some time ago. But there is no 3D-adaption possible at the moment. But I am quite sure, you can use it without working 3D knobs in P3D instead of RXP (which is not available for P3D).

News - German Manual is 100 % finished, send it today to the betas. If you have a bit time the next days and you are willing to help me out for English translation, PM is more than welcome.

And there is a new picture out of P3D VC Floats with some new details to see.

Thomas
    Looks very beautiful. The Flight1 page says you run their tool and choose the "replace Reality-XP" and it works.

Only in FSX but a manual edit replacing gauge names should work as well.
    Anneke

Beautiful can't wait!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by b747 View Post
    Looks very beautiful. The Flight1 page says you run their tool and choose the "replace Reality-XP" and it works.
    It is not necessary - you wil get a further panel.cfg and you can than switch over to the F1 GNSs via Soloy Config Tool. A new panel.cfg is required, because F1GTN and F1GNS are not running together in one model.

Anyway, the new F1GNS are really great for P3D.

Thomas

It is not necessary - you wil get a further panel.cfg and you can than switch over to the F1 GNSs via Soloy Config Tool. A new panel.cfg is required, because F1GTN and F1GNS are not running together in one model.

Anyway, the new F1GNS are really great for P3D.

Thomas
    That is perfect. Will you be able to add 3d knobs or is that depending on Flight1's help? I plan to buy the GNS or GTN I have not decided yet later this year.

What a great incentive for those of us eagerly awaiting this model to learn some German. Issue the plane with it's current manual and we'll either learn a little 'Deutsch' or stay on the ramp.

looking amazing keep up the great job looking forward to fly it
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Is there a possibility for weather radar, I asked couple pages back. Roland's freeware weather gauge, or RealityXP WX500, and MilViz weather gauge. Would be good to fit that in with a GNS430, Bendix, or GTN650 on the main panel.

Is there a possibility for weather radar, I asked couple pages back. Roland's freeware weather gauge, or RealityXP WX500, and MilViz weather gauge. Would be good to fit that in with a GNS430, Bendix, or GTN650 on the main panel.
    Any Cessna 205/206 have a weather radar? I do not know any ATM.

Even if there isn't an option for a radar mounted on the aircraft, having weather displayed in the cockpit is very common. The ADS-B upgrades provide weather on some avionics and apps on tablets. Also, XM does real-time weather.

You can use whichever gauge you like and say it is XM or ADS-B.

Of course, in all models you can use your individual avionics, too. As you can see on the last pictures, there are panel areas available without disturbing knops or switches. You can use these panel areas instead of e.g. F1 GNS or RXP at the moment. You only have to modify panel.cfg as usual. And than select RXP or GNS in configuation window as descriped in manual. Nothing more.

Only waiting for english translation of manual. Now we have in total six different models. I add a new cargo hauler amphib model like the tundra version. German pack will be published on www.flightport.de available, international pack will be here on SOH. Both are the same Uploads. It is a flightport.de project.

Coming soon.

Thomas

Of course, in all models you can use your individual avionics, too. As you can see on the last pictures, there are panel areas available without disturbing knops or switches. You can use these panel areas instead of e.g. F1 GNS or RXP at the moment. You only have to modify panel.cfg as usual. And than select RXP or GNS in configuation window as descriped in manual. Nothing more.

Only waiting for english translation of manual. Now we have in total six different models. I add a new cargo hauler amphib model like the tundra version. German pack will be published on www.flightport.de available, international pack will be here on SOH. Both are the same Uploads. It is a flightport.de project.

Coming soon.

Thomas
    Excellent news, Thomas and thank you for choosing the SOH for the international release!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

WOOHOO! and thank you.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Looks like some truly great work is coming soon TiAr!

Look forward to downloading (and flying) your work when it's ready!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Release is coming soon. You will get a short remark...

Thomas

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Waiting with baited breath.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 6