English Electric Lightning F3 X released - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: English Electric Lightning F3 X released

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I was hoping that someone else would lose the hood at some point. I did it in testing, and haven't laughed so much in years!

I'll ask the question: how is everyone finding the level of documentation provided? Is it all clear enough?

Dave
    Just lost my hood. Not sure why.

I did a 'Ready for Takeoff" and taxi. As I was rolling down the runway, off it went. Guess it was too bumpy?

Documentation is good. Have to go back and forth to learn all the systems. Haven't tried the autopilot or gun sight, yet. Fun to fly while watching the radar scope.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Just lost my hood. Not sure why.

I did a 'Ready for Takeoff" and taxi. As I was rolling down the runway, off it went. Guess it was too bumpy?

Documentation is good. Have to go back and forth to learn all the systems. Haven't tried the autopilot or gun sight, yet. Fun to fly while watching the radar scope.
    You lost the canopy because you didn't follow your pre-take off checks and lock it ! Don't worry happened quite a few times in real life .
    BTW. you can mouse on the rods at the sides of the canopy but the correct way is to use the lever down by the left side of the seat , press down to lock, the
    canopy opening switch is mounted on its top.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Two Zero View Post
    Hi,
    Just thought I would show some (WIP) shots of a grey texture I am doing. Just one small question regarding the tail badge thing (what ever they are called) would it be correct to use these on an F3 or would they have been just the red and blue
    type? I'm not trying to copy a real sqn it's just for fun. But I do need a badge of some form to fill in the tail. Any help there?. Regards Timm
    Hi Timm
    The tail badge thing ? well there is the Squadron insignia and the fin flash , and if you are doing it for fun you can do what ever you like , if you cross refer to the others you'll see the real thing varies enormously .
    One point I might make though is you would never spray an aircraft with the panels off ! so they should be the same colour , one or two might not match if they were robbed from another aircraft .... but not all of them !:0) ( on polished aircraft they were often painted silver which is why they are a different shade)

I've been having joystick problems for a while now (slight left rudder pressure applied at all times) but I'm finding the lightning completely unstable at nearly all speeds. It just wont stay level, maybe I'm doing something wrong or just to used to the JF bird. However I am in love with this. My 2nd favourite of all time done to this degree of realism...big thanks to the dev team on this one. Worth every cent.

Edit- entirely a controller problem. Swapped over now and flying smooth as.
    Last edited by Peacemaker; May 24th, 2014 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
    I've been having joystick problems for a while now (slight left rudder pressure applied at all times) but I'm finding the lightning completely unstable at nearly all speeds. It just wont stay level, maybe I'm doing something wrong or just to used to the JF bird. However I am in love with this. My 2nd favourite of all time done to this degree of realism...big thanks to the dev team on this one. Worth every cent.

Edit- entirely a controller problem. Swapped over now and flying smooth as.
    It's good to know you're happy.

The developer was inspired for this one, and there's talk that he might be considering the F Mk.6.

Dave

A T.4/T.5 oh please oh please!

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
    A T.4/T.5 oh please oh please!
    We did ask. The reply came in words circling around the idea of "No".

Dave

Anyone have the just flight version as well to compare the two different developers.
    I already have just flights version but I may also get this one if it has a reasonable upgrade on textures/ functionality. Thanks.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by sleightflight View Post
    Anyone have the just flight version as well to compare the two different developers.
    I already have just flights version but I may also get this one if it has a reasonable upgrade on textures/ functionality. Thanks.
    I own both. Honestly there is no comparison. The depth of realism on this bird is outstanding. It can be a jump in and fly bird, but if you read all the documentation it is a really rewarding experience to master. JF is a barely passable take on the lightning now.

dhazelgrove- Shame about the trainers, but such is life. I always found the F.1 and T.4 the most sleek and attractive of the lightnings.

I have both, the Aerosoft F3 is superior in every aspect:
    - Better exterior model which looks exactly like the real thing from every angle.
    - Better, realistic VC and avionics with much more functionality.
    - Better flight dynamics
    - No texture mapping flaws which is good for repainters

The only reason I still keep my JF bird is because it is an F6, not an F3. If Dave's idea to add an F6 later on will materialize, I will send my JF F6 to the boneyard.
    Maybe people who just like to press Ctrl-E and fly will favour the JF F6 because it is easier to operate and handle.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I also have the JF version but prefer the Aerosoft version. I recommend buying it.

I'd also have preferred the T models... in some ways more than the F models! I'd certainly have paid for the T models, either as stand-alone or add-on modules.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I have both the JF and this aircraft, as you'd expect.
    I also ported the AS models many, many moons ago.....

This is certainly the most immersive and accurate by far.
    It's really fun.....

.....if you remember to lock the lid!!

Dave

Always remember to re-arrange the knobs, switches and levers in a pleasing and eye-catching manner.

Someone tryed TacPack? I not yet, not many about this in manual but Im very happy to see this implementation in this package.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I have both, the Aerosoft F3 is superior in every aspect:
    - Better exterior model which looks exactly like the real thing from every angle.
    - Better, realistic VC and avionics with much more functionality.
    - Better flight dynamics
    - No texture mapping flaws which is good for repainters

The only reason I still keep my JF bird is because it is an F6, not an F3. If Dave's idea to add an F6 later on will materialize, I will send my JF F6 to the boneyard.
    Maybe people who just like to press Ctrl-E and fly will favour the JF F6 because it is easier to operate and handle.
    Well that seals the deal, wasn't sure about buying another Lightning, but the positive flow of comments in this thread and this comparison have pushed me over the edge

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Someone tryed TacPack? I not yet, not many about this in manual but Im very happy to see this implementation in this package.
    You do not require TacPack to fire the missiles.

From the manual "Please note that until a TacPack addition is released no visual effects are available!"

Dave

Found by radar. Nice idea:

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    You do not require TacPack to fire the missiles.

From the manual "Please note that until a TacPack addition is released no visual effects are available!"

Dave

Ok, it works - just its not a trigger of joystick but trigger of stick in VC only (so not like with TacPack). TY by the way!

btw.

I have a problem with chute. I take handle (Tail Chute Pull) near 140 kts and without any effect. Any ideas why?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    When I click in the handle the chute works fine.

Thanks for the replies, I kind of expected that would be the case, aerosoft dont do things by half.
    I will get it when I get home.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    When I click in the handle the chute works fine.
    I noticed than works ok if You take quick start option, with check list is a problem or maybe I missed something (but all switches turn on).

I haven't tested it for sure but I have had only intermittent drag chute visuals. It may be those times it worked were when I had used the ready to start option.

@ YoYo and Jo Bob , it was noticed in the beta that some hardware levers were overriding the gauge input . a simple solution for them was to edit out
    two of the lines in the aircraft .cfg to read
    [Flaps.0]
    //flaps-position.2 = 50
    //flaps-position.3 = 0
    It means that the flaps will lower when the chute is pulled .......... but they should already be down so this was considered acceptable.
    BTW
    · Brake chute can be deployed if assigned to the CABIN SEATBELTS ALERT SWITCH
    · and be released if assigned to the CABIN NO SMOKING ALERT SWITCH

Thx, I checked with this modification, but no chute in manual start.

Btw.
    Two kinds of fighters...

Members who have read this thread: 91