English Electric Lightning F3 X released
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: English Electric Lightning F3 X released

English Electric Lightning F3 X released

It's final of beta :

Aerosoft product page:
    http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.ph...nguage=english

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the HU
    I saw many screens in the product page that shows a Tu95 in formation flight with the Lightning. Is that plane an extra of the addon? It would be very nice.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Thanks for the HU
    I saw many screens in the product page that shows a Tu95 in formation flight with the Lightning. Is that plane an extra of the addon? It would be very nice.
    You can grab it from for example Flightsim, its a free Tu95.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Thanks for the HU
    You don't get other types of aircraft.
    You do get a bonus of the earlier F Mk.1a (external model only).

There is also a paintkit available from Aerosoft's product page on their support forum.

Dave

Looks fantastic, and seems to be be priced at a very reasonable level.

Will be buying when I get home tonight.

Looks great! Feedback anyone?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On the salt at Edwards. Tricky landing, fast, needs lots of runway. Chute mandatory. (this is P3D v2)

That Lightning does look mighty tempting. I had my FS budget set for the Cherokee, but I just might have to pull the trigger on this. Blasting off into the stratosphere looks fun!
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Looks great! Feedback anyone?
    I had the pleasure testing it since December last year, no doubt this is the best Lightning ever made for FSX. The model looks great and spot on from every angle and you will be blown away by all the details and features. It is a labour of love and of the same high quality as the award winning JustFlight Canberra and the price is really nice.

But is it a flying wing? Now I know what Dave Rowberrys been doing, since he gave up producing excellent freeware hang gliders, sailplanes and micolights. That fact might tempt me to buy, and the fact that I had a close friend who used to fly one of these. Can remember when he left the RAF he went for a job up in the Scottish oil/petroleum industry. He was asked if he had any association with the industry previously. To which he replied that he'd probably burnt up a million or two gallons flying a Lightning!

I like this natural silver fuselage. Well done by developer.

Wow. Just spent the last two and a half hours getting acquainted. Very, very well done. Twitchy and powerful, and a bit of a bear to land (going for an understatement there...). Top notch, and money well spent.

It was interesting that I was finding some things difficult / frustrating to operate in the cockpit, but it wasn't at all the fault of the developers, but more the fault of the (lack of) ergonomics of the plane. I've been spending most of my time in the Superbug lately, and it's amazing how two well developed addons can highlight so well the different eras of their respective subject matter. They sure weren't concerned about useability when they designed the cockpit layout in the Lightning, that's mighty apparent...

Anyways, my thanks to the team behind this one, it'll be a lot of fun to learn it!

Poor ergonomics were almost a trademark of British jet fighters of the late 40s and 50s. Years ago, I had a go in the Lightning simulator at RAF Coltishall, and I remember it being a bit of a jumble. We also watched a scramble by about 10 or 12 of them - the sound and shockwaves from the afterburners almost rearranged my internal organs. Will I get the Aerosoft one ? Not sure it suits my flying preferences. They say that in a reheated climb, the fuel gauge when down faster than the altimeter went up, so it's probably all a bit too frantic for my abilities. Wonderful model though, and a refreshing change from the F-this and F-that.

Some part of manual (4) are informations and links for F-14 . It will be solved.

Hi,
    Found this over on another site which I thought summed up the Lightning.

I heard from an ex Lightning pilot was that he'd heard it said that some pilots felt somewhat scared of the Lightning. He said he felt entirely in control of it, right up the point where he released the brakes.

One small thing I have noticed is the small box down on the right side of the seat and the 4 bolts holding the compass are green. Should they be this colour? I have changed them to match in with the rest of the surroundings Here is some shots of what I mean.
    Before
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	8601

After

Name:	new.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	8602

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Two Zero View Post
    Hi,
    Found this over on another site which I thought summed up the Lightning.

I heard from an ex Lightning pilot was that he'd heard it said that some pilots felt somewhat scared of the Lightning. He said he felt entirely in control of it, right up the point where he released the brakes.

One small thing I have noticed is the small box down on the right side of the seat and the 4 bolts holding the compass are green. Should they be this colour? I have changed them to match in with the rest of the surroundings Here is some shots of what I mean.
    Before

Name:	old.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	8601

After

Name:	new.jpg 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	8602
    The don't all appear to be green but this one (albeit an F6) is.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/data70...57624199083132

They are supposed to be green - I asked the question during testing about the compass bolts, completely forgetting that the PEC of my own seat is exactly the same colour (that's the bit by the side of the seat shown above - personal equipment connector). It's anodised aluminium and is not intended to be shiny, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Two Zero View Post
    Hi,

...One small thing I have noticed is the small box down on the right side of the seat and the 4 bolts holding the compass are green. Should they be this colour? I have changed them to match in with the rest of the surroundings Here is some shots of what I mean.
    Before

This box is a part of the ejection seat and is called "PEC" and should definitly be in anodized green. It is the top of the quick release for the oxygen hose that runs to the pilot's oxygen mask. I have a real Martin Baker GQ-7 seat and this part shines and has chrome parts (e.g. PEC release handle), it is not flat.

See

http://www.ejectionsite.com/gq7aseat.htm

the PEC is here:

http://www.ejectionsite.com/gq7a/gq7_left_low.jpg

Cheers,
    Mark
    Last edited by roger-wilco-66; May 23rd, 2014 at 05:51. Reason: addition
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

My seat is a mk3 and the green is definitely not shiny on it, only the chrome bits are. Perhaps it's an age thing!

Hi,
    Thanks for this info. I have tried in toning the green down abit but as you see on your VC the 4 bolts on the front window must be mapped into the same area as this green box. Tell you what the VC is one very nice VC it's one that you defiantly need to have TrackIR to look around. She still looks awesome without weapons. Oh is there a key command in getting rid of the outside power supply? The only why I have found is once you have her started and rolling it the disappears.

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	8603 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	8604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	8605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	8606

I very like this details from VC. Simply, very, very good job!

In full res:

looks nice
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 91