FSX native Fokker D XXI RELEASED - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX native Fokker D XXI RELEASED

I'll stick to these colors, with a minor shading correction or so. Because of the light underside, I'll give it an AO baking as well.

Anyway, I found the courage to get started with the Danish cockpit. There are quite a few differences. The gauge layout is 50% different, some switches/controls are moved, another flap control system, even another electrical unit (a Rotax, not Ragonot. Ah, and another fire extinghuisher (it's located differently at least, we don't have any picture of the Dutch fire extinghuisers sadly...).

There are the pictures. This is WIP, mind that, there's no texturing on it yet, will be the next big job...
    Front panel:

Left side, apparent is the flap system which differs from the Dutch version (though it looks somewhat nicer). There's more text in the cockpit too.

Major change on the right side is the fire ext. and the absence of the Munerelle oxygen control. The two gauges in the lower front panel are for the oxygen.

I didn't find any clock in the pictures, so I got creative and modelled a watch around my already coded/animated clock. Maybe not very realistic (the thing wouldn't stick to the seat in loopings) but anyway, I just wanted it!

Hope you appreciate!

Cheers, Chees
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Icon23 And meanwhile in the Netherlands...........

Some unedited shots made during beta-testing

Testing 1,2,3..... Testing 1,2,3.....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Icon14

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks!

Changed the wood on the rudder assembly for the late Dutch variation. It looks much more weathered now and I did this on advice and with the help of Huub.

Thanks to the XML-gurus at FSDeveloper, an open window will cause some speed-dependent wind sound. So the faster you go, the louder the wind if the window is open.

I changed the color of the glass, which is now oke!

The Netherlands 1940

In 1940, the airfields in the Netherlands were a bit different. Some of them are still in use today (like Schiphol, be it in another appearance) but some were abandoned during or after WWII. One of them is Bergen Airfield, located in the north-west part of our country (province Noord-Holland). Bergen was attacked at the very first beginning of the May War, taken over by the Germans for bombers as far as I know but later abandoned. The concrete is still there by the way. Some time ago I made a screenie while flying over that location in FSX with NL2000. The airfield was surrounded by the creek, and in the upper part of the screen you can still see the concrete.

Because Bergen doesn't exist anymore, I wanted to have it in FSX. So I couldn't loose the default/NL2k airfield. Mr. Cees Donker made a Bergen for FS2004, so I tried it out, modified the traffic files with the Fokker G.1 of Michel Migaud and my Fokker. It works fine in FSX, though the traffic impact on framerates is -5 frames (really, once there's no traffic in the view, I run 24, locked, but as soon as traffic appears I run 19 or so).
    Well, does it look nice?

And here's my baby with some Fokker C.X fighters. This C.X model is made by Wim Regeer as a flyable one for FS9.

Hope we'll get an official FSX scenery for this (and other locations of 'NL1940') soon. Cees?

Ah, and while chasing a G.1 in my Fokker, I found out that the G.1 textures have no mipmaps.

Believe me, this G.1 was part of my inspiration to build the D.21.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Hope we'll get an official FSX scenery for this [...] soon.
    Bergen for FSX!

* runs away, cackling maniacally ... *
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Bergen for FSX!

* runs away, cackling maniacally ... *
    Pre-ww2 Dutch Bergen, not modern day Norwegian Bergen.. ;-)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

By the way, I'm thinking of abandoning the Danish version of the D.21

Sorry Sir it won't happen ever again Sir promise!

Right on!

This has been a fascinating thread.

I've been following this project since it's beginning! Sure is great to see it come to life. And even more exciting to see the Blender possibilities. +1 DutchCheese

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I have been following this thread from the sideline for some time, and I was reaaly looking forward to flying this piece of history. So I am sorry to hear that you may may end up dropping the Danish version.

Best regards
    Kim Dahl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fokker D XXI Danish Army 1937.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	12071

Whoops, this is really some misunderstanding here, I'm sorry for that! I won't leave the Danish version, I was just kidding Penz for his remark about Bergen.

Don't worry! Work on the Danish VC has started as you can observe

Sorry for the Bergen-joke-backfiring! I feel completely responsible for having confused poor Kim.

Actually there are quite a number of places around the world named "Bergen" (How about "Bergen an der Dumme" in Germany?) - and a Turkish singer as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergen_(disambiguation).

Whoops, this is really some misunderstanding here, I'm sorry for that! I won't leave the Danish version, I was just kidding Penz for his remark about Bergen.

Don't worry! Work on the Danish VC has started as you can observe

Great

Then the Danish version won't end up like this poor example after an unfriendly visit by the Luftwaffe on April 9th 1940...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fokker D XXI 9. april.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	12080

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Actually there are quite a number of places around the world named "Bergen" (How about "Bergen an der Dumme" in Germany?) - and a Turkish singer as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergen_(disambiguation).
    Used to drive tanks around the one in Lower Saxony to prepare for an invasion into the Netherlands.

You had to be vigilant back then, with the WC 2006 taking part during that time...

Hi all,

Just to keep you informed: I'm still working on this project, be it somewhat slower. Real life, you know

But today I heard that one of the last Dutch D.21 pilot passed away on September 17. Henk Sitter reached the age of 97.
    Another drive to finish this FSX project...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Cees

Thanks Cees!

Just a question: is there any chance that your airfields will be converted somehow, or recreated, for FSX? They do look good and add a lot to flying the old Fokkers

Converting Bergen was not tooo difficult, only the ground has a few problems.

At the moment that's nearly impossible, due to real life (job, two bands, gigs....) But I can try in the near future.

Cees

I started to read manuals and watch YouTube items about scenery design in FSX................

Cees

Cees,

the same object .bgl's should work in FSX as is, but the format of the textures can be changed (I'm not sure how) and the frame rate hit can be lowered. I use Instant Scenery 3 to place objects but you could use ADE 9 I believe HTH

That sounds great Cees! Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    Cees,

the same object .bgl's should work in FSX as is, but the format of the textures can be changed (I'm not sure how) and the frame rate hit can be lowered. I use Instant Scenery 3 to place objects but you could use ADE 9 I believe HTH
    I'm catching up with ADE and SBuilderX......

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 18