FS passengers ?

Thread: FS passengers ?

FS passengers ?

I was thinking about getting this package and was wondering what any one thought of it? I guess is it worth the money? Thanks for any comments.

Based on what I've read over the past year or so on other forums, the program is no longer supported by the developers. I am unsure how valid this is, and if this means that you may encounter difficulty with activating it.
    I suggest looking on the FSPassengers forum and through other resources to come to your own conclusions, but those are mine...

EDIT: Also, you may encounter problems if you are using an OS newer than XP (Vista, 7, or 8)

I had it although I preferred FS Cargo, similar concept.

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-fscargo.phtml
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I had it although I preferred FS Cargo, similar concept.

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-fscargo.phtml
    I had seen these a long time ago, but since I never really looked into but rather "assumed" what it was I figured it was strictly Commercial Cargo Haulers. Not so initially, they apparently added that ability at some point though. This was more of a Bush Pilot/Cargo Hauler concept. Unfortunately the imagined concept (the community picking up on it and adding additional airports to the possible destinations) seems to have fizzled and as far as I can tell it never went beyond the initial release. There was a planned FSCargoX that I don't find in my searches, so I guess it never took off like it was hoped it would. Anyone know anything different?

Anybody have this?

I am a dork! I meant Air Hauler - that works in FSX and is quite a good way to inject flagging interest in the sim.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

FSPaxX works fine in Windows 7.

Needs a bit of tweaking in the department of crash detection (way too touchy) though, but it works well in FSX.

My passengers are usually wusses though. A bit of turbulence has the whole cabin collecively crapping their pants. But pass out some alcohol and bring 'er down and they will treat you like the dudes saving the day in "Airport". The flight attendant has the worst timing in history, coming into the cockpit right during an important ATC transmission just to tell me how well I am looking today. Or to complain about (butt-)touchy passengers. Or complain that she's bored. She should rather be picking better IFE movie choices. "Battle Of Midway"....really, random flight attendant? A movie with lots of crashing and burning planes while we're descending into Windy City or climbing out of DFW during a magnificent summer storm?
    Oh well, at least I can still fly freight with FSPax. No passengers, no IFE movies, no flight attendant. Sounds fun. But noooo...drop a 737 in top notch condition with -600 fpm onto the runway at SAN and have the tires on your right main burst. Should have a baseball bat powered word with our maintenance department...
    Next option: Small airliners. Short routes, no FA, no questionable movies, short legs. What's not to like? Well, except for the fact that passengers haven't grown any cojones. Small commuters are simply more susceptible to turbulence, you complaining bags of cash! If you don't like it, go by f'in car!

All in all, FSPax thinks I'm a lousy pilot while I think it's a lousy judge. That'd be enough reason to throw it out, but somehow, it gives my FS life a purpose.
    Kind of like your average marriage...

Members who have read this thread: 30