Alabeo's Piper Sport released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo's Piper Sport released!

Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

and its awesome!

Just flipped through the gallery on the Alabeo site, and man o' man this one sure looks pretty. Anyone yet have an opinion on how well the FDE is done? I'm leaning towards picking this one up.

Too slow for my liking but looks great!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I was about to spend some of my hard earned and their site is down!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I have a little bit of time in a Sportscruiser, so am kind of tempted to purchase this as besides Warbirds have a liking for LSAs. Have about 80 hours in Eurostars.

But, wasn't that happy with the Staggerwing (personal reasons of course, having flown one about 3 hours), so might wait a while before I think about purchasing the Sportscruiser. Looks very nice though. But then again my normal mount in FSX, is their Sukhoi SU26, which I adore and must have over 200 hours in!

Cheers,

Martin

Martin: If you like the Alabeo SU-26, have a look at the new A1R Yak-50.

I just got the Alabeo Piper Sport, it's beautiful in and out, I think it has the best panel that Alabeo has done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Martin: If you like the Alabeo SU-26, have a look at the new A1R Yak-50.

I just got the Alabeo Piper Sport, it's beautiful in and out, I think it has the best panel that Alabeo has done yet.
    Cheers for that....already bought the Yak-50! And will probably, go for the Sportscruiser in due course, but think can wait a while.

Thanks,

Martin

The Yak looks like freeware, yet priced like an Alabeo. Guess, I'll never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by adi518 View Post
    The Yak looks like freeware, yet priced like an Alabeo. Guess, I'll never understand that.
    Do you have the A1R Yak 50? From a visual perspective it looks excellent and is a favourite in my hangar.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by adi518 View Post
    Each to their own of course, but the A1R Yak-50 is on my 'might buy' list. It looks pretty darn good, from what I can tell in screenshots, and the feature list is fairly impressive. There's not a whole lot of freeware that comes close, and I really didn't think $20 some bucks was over priced. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is that it's not really the usual type of plane I fly in my sim...

Back to the Alabeo bird - I still think it looks great too, but I think I need to wait for a few opinions on how well it flies.

Ok. Sorry if I offended anyone. I wish Alabeo did the bigger brother to the Sukhoi Su-26, the Su-29, which is a two seater and made it cockpit-shareable. Now that would be pretty awesome.

I'm talking about this..

[QUOTE=adi518;879659]Ok. Sorry if I offended anyone. [QUOTE]

No offense taken here. I was just kind of surprised, since the A1R Yak looks pretty spiffy to me. Of course, Alabeo / Carenado has the texturing part down to a fine science, very few addon's come close to their work and the Yak might not be quite to that standard, but it seems fairly close.

It would be pretty cool if Alabeo did the Su-29, but only if they produced a FDE that matched their excellent textures.

someone else has this problem with gps fonts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	7004
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jpg1.jpg  

Post it to Alabeo's FB page or send them an email. The font is probably define too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury2008 View Post
    someone else has this problem with gps fonts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	7004
    I'm not having the problem your having, everything is within the box. Wish I could help, but I don't have any idea how to fix it.
    Last edited by Rudyjo; April 17th, 2014 at 16:38.

Likewise I do not have this font issue. I'd post a screenshot but fsfiles.org is still down.
    SYSTEM :

Thank you, though I sent a message to Alabeo support , and in the meantime I solved by changing the size of the text in the html file of gps

Does it have the parachute system simulated?
    Anneke

No longer active
    Don't know. I've never looked for this 'feature' as this is much more a flightsimulator than a crashsimulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Does it have the parachute system simulated?
    Sort of...

If you pull the parashute the flight will end and you will be brought back to the fsx startup screen.
    Game over, so to speak.

I got a couple of hours in the sportcruiser now.

The 3d model and textures are an absolute piece of art. It's just as good as they come.

Fps friendly, I loose one or two frames on the default c172 on my antique system.

The fde is probably realistic but I would have liked it to move around with the air a bit more. I think it flyes a bit like on rails and I think a plane this light ought to wobble and shift around a tad even in calm air But that just on a personal note.

Overall I think this is a great model.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SWE View Post
    I think it flyes a bit like on rails and I think a plane this light ought to wobble and shift around a tad even in calm air But that just on a personal note.
    In calm air flying can really feel like flying on rails, or driving a car on a smooth road. I've experienced this many times in an Aerospool WT9 Dynamic, which is even lighter than the Sportcruiser.
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Some shots...

SYSTEM :

Three more...

SYSTEM :

Members who have read this thread: 139