Poll:Prepar3D Question

View Poll Results: Is Prepar3D your sole Sim. . . .Or. . . .

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Running Prepar3D Only

29 44.62%
  • Running Prepar3D and FSX

25 38.46%
  • Running Prepar3D, FSX & FS9

5 7.69%
  • Running Prepar3D and FS9

2 3.08%
  • Dropped Prepar3D and went back to FSX

4 6.15%

Thread: Poll:Prepar3D Question

Poll:Prepar3D Question

Just wondering how many have retained previous Sims and how many have moved on permanently.

I have P3d2.1 on it's own SSD but I got tired of trying to tweak it and haven't touched it in a month went back to FSX. I'll wait till the next patch and give it another go.

I heard so much hype about P3D that I bought a copy (v2.0). I've installed the 2.1 patch. Haven't gotten around to 2.2 yet. I'll get to it when I get to it. FS9 is still my go-to sim.
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

I voted for "running P3D and FSX," but that's sort of a technicality. I haven't deleted FSX, and about six weeks ago I went back to it for some testing. But nearly all my sim time is now spent in P3D. Since ASN issued their P3D-compatible beta, and since I was able to get My Traffic up and running, P3D has become a complete experience as opposed to an experiment, which it was when P3D2 was first released. I don't have all my add-on aircraft tranferred over, but Manfred's C-47 runs very nicely, as do a couple of others, and right now I don't feel like flying much of anything else. At some point I'll pull the plug on FSX, I suppose, though there's no compelling reason to - I've got plenty of storage space for both, and the one doesn't interfere with each other. So I might not recognize the day when I completely cross over to P3D. But it's bound to happen.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I voted Both too. But id drop FSX any day if Tacpack came over to Prepar3d, im currently slowly reinstalling what i fly regularly into Prepar3d.

I was changing to a complete new rig back in November. I was in the process of reinstalling my software when LM released P3D2. After testing it for a week I decided against reinstalling FSX on the new rig. So it's P3D2 only for me. I fly more often now than I did with FSX.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

I actually only partially fit into the poll . I did move on to p3d v2.2 , which is really a keeper . I do use p3d v1.4 frequently as it runs all of Tom and Mark's excellent WWll Pacific sceneries . (along with MAAM's B-25 , one of my favorites) . Hook p3d v2.2 with FTX Global(which replaces ground , building and other autogen textures , along with new 3D lighting) , it's a hard combination to beat . In my humble opinion , p3d v2.2 is a giant leap forward with excellent support from Lockheed Martin . So both v1.4 and v2.2 for me now . FSX has been off my PC for over a year .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I voted for "running P3D and FSX," but that's sort of a technicality. I haven't deleted FSX
    +1 exactly where I'm at.

I haven't flown in FSX in aaaaaaages... and I just haven't been bothered to remove it. Also, with previous versions of P3D there was the option to link ORBX scenery from that installed in FSX. With a fresh P3D v2 install and ORBX now releasing triple installers I'm removing myself from this dependency and movin' on...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I actually have all MSFS versions 1 thru 10, P3Dv1 & P3Dv2 installed but I only really fly with P3D so that was my vote. The others are merely for nostalgic and some testing. Man, have we come a loooong way.

I purchased P3D V2.2 pro.

I would fully switch over to P3D if only Fsrecorder worked fine with this software.
    That is the only thing that keeps me tied to FSX so far.

Flying alone is so boring. I like formation flying. (for fun or shooting videos)

Well, it appears as though most are hanging on to FSX, at least for the time being. The only reason I continue to do so is for scenery purposes. I don't do much anymore, but right now some of the tools I do use have either not been updated to work with P3D. . .or the developers show no inclination to do so. If those on the fence do come over then FSX will be gone for good. Just waiting to see what develops.

OrbX and TacPack are the only things which are keeping FSX from being uninstalled.
    OrbX has now started to offer new installers for P3D for their main regions, so the end of my FSX is near...
    Also, I haven't transfered my Accusim planes yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    OrbX and TacPack are the only things which are keeping FSX from being uninstalled.
    OrbX has now started to offer new installers for P3D for their main regions, so the end of my FSX is near...
    Also, I haven't transfered my Accusim planes yet...
    Daube, don't know if this is a fact, but in a thread in the FSX forum concerning TacPac it was stated that the TacPac License through LM is approx. $1000. . .is that correct? If so, it probably won't be very popular in P3D for the recreational users.

I'm not sure about that info, Falcon.
    Probably people are confusing the TacPack with the P3D native weapons, which are included in that special "Professional Plus" licence, which costs 2300$ !!

TacPack and VRS, for the moment, do not officially support P3D.
    The TacPack we bought for FSX works in P3D, excepted the FLIR imagery.
    Last time I read about this, VRS was simply "thinking about" implementing something for P3D, and only in case LM would adapt their EULA to officially accept the 'entertainment' customers. And this is not planned yet. At all.

FSX is installed but haven't flown it in a while.

Right now P3D V2.2 is my flight simulator of choice and will remain so.

Ken
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

P3D 2.2 only, and I'm not looking back.

- Sandy -

Members who have read this thread: 41