Aircraft Stuck To The Runway

Thread: Aircraft Stuck To The Runway

Aircraft Stuck To The Runway

Hi,
    Hope someone here can help. I just recently got the awesome Thrustmaster Warthog stick/throttle and thought I would try it out on the Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk. Now I can start her up (no problems there), give her full power and head off down the runway but for some reason she will not get airborne she just stays on the tarmac. I have to change to another aircraft and hey presto we have lift off, and revert back to the A-4 and do some flying. Question : what is causing her to stay on tarmac?.
    Regards Timm

Only thing that comes to mind would be "nose up trim". try adjusting that up (especially if it has a trim indicator) and see if that helps. That's what I find is the cause of it with the GA that I fly.

Hi, Thanks for that. I will try it out and keep you posted.
    Timm

Hi,
    Sorry but no joy still stuck to the tarmac. I got the trim sorted but nothing :-(

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    What happens if you use keys instead of the joystick?

Check whether the auto-pilot is set to 'ON' in the problem aircraft. It may be that it has a non-standard AP which is on and therefore over-riding your stick inputs.
    Larry

What is your default flight? Better yet, to avoid many of the crazy weirdness that FSX can create seemingly out of no where; delete your default flight from the folder it is located in -- if you use tacpack, use the "purge default flight" option. Then create a new flight and save it as your default. Use the default C172. See if that helps...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all your help. Larry it's not the AUTO PILOT. I forgot to mention that I can raise the nose wheel but then if I raise to high I get the stall warning sound. If I activate AP the whole aircraft is stuck to the ground. My default flight is the A2A Cessna 172 trainer this takes off fine. Now if I take off using the Lets say the Milviz F-86 she also takes off fine. I can remember when I last flew the A-4 I was getting this problem. Regards Timm

Blog Entries
    I have had this problem with a jet fighter as well.....
    The plane took off fine, once I remembered to drop the flaps a couple of notches.....
    Have you done that.....
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

I didn't see this above. Check weight. When the Virtavia B-24 (then Alpha-sim) was released it was about 3,000 pounds over gross when loaded.

Glenn

1. Pick a clean model. Reduce your payload (to 0%) on all ordinance and fuel (to 50%).
    2. Select an airport with a long runway like Edwards AFB.
    3. Start your flight at the end of the active runway, and as suggested increase your elevator trim a bit and make sure your autopilot is off.
    4. Fire it up. Hold your brakes and release when thrust is at 100% (or when the brakes can't hold it). Then release your brakes.

What I didn't see mentioned in these posts are your airspeeds. Check the manual for minimum stall speed. You need to be above that for liftoff.

If you are talking off at maximum weight, you may want to lower your flaps one notch.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Rule number one with loading aircraft in FSX. Check fuel and weight. FSX has a tendency to overload planes., in which case it will never take off.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Members who have read this thread: 63