Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement

A great and dedicated project, as always!

Here's a video about the state of development of the Tornado systems:
    - CSAS (command stability augmentation system)
    - SPILS (spin preventions & incidence limiting system)
    - TFR (terrain following radar)
    - VARIABLE GEOMETRY WING
    others not all shown in the video are almost complete:
    - MPRD (Moving Map repeater display)
    - ESRRD (E-scope radar repeater display)
    - Ground radar mapping with dynamic shadows
    - DDI (dynamic drag index)
    All these systems are modelled with a high degree of realism, along with the weapon system that will allow using air-to-ground and air-to-air weapons in single and multiplayer mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=dMsbwHWr6qA

Cheers,
    Ale

By the way,since today we made an easy fb page,with our products and updates of new products:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sim-S...homepage_panel

Cheers,
    Ale

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Here's a video about the state of development of the Tornado systems:
    - CSAS (command stability augmentation system)
    - SPILS (spin preventions & incidence limiting system)
    - TFR (terrain following radar)
    - VARIABLE GEOMETRY WING
    others not all shown in the video are almost complete:
    - MPRD (Moving Map repeater display)
    - ESRRD (E-scope radar repeater display)
    - Ground radar mapping with dynamic shadows
    - DDI (dynamic drag index)
    All these systems are modelled with a high degree of realism, along with the weapon system that will allow using air-to-ground and air-to-air weapons in single and multiplayer mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=dMsbwHWr6qA

Cheers,
    Ale

seems like a lot of stuff to study... love it !!

Hi there,
    just found out about this upcoming Tonka. Looking forward to it.
    I have one request. Is it possible to add the BDU-33 practice bomb to the weapons arsenal? I realy like to visit weapons ranges to practice bombing but find it unrealistic to do it with live weapons.
    Keep up the good work

Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Hi there,
    just found out about this upcoming Tonka. Looking forward to it.
    I have one request. Is it possible to add the BDU-33 practice bomb to the weapons arsenal? I realy like to visit weapons ranges to practice bombing but find it unrealistic to do it with live weapons.
    Keep up the good work

Dummy
    Hi,
    for sure there will be the practice bombs avaliable as loadouts.
    Regards
    Emanuele

Never

I Will never buy products from a firm like SSW who insults their customers like they did to our own Zsolt after he asked for a redownload of the installer he bought:

"we came to the conclusion that you can not read English, or have problems with the PC and maybe with yourself. It's useless to continue to open tickets, you have to follow the ticket to which we have already responded and you have to stop to continue to send email. This is the last warning, after which you will be banned from the site and the forum."

SSW consistently insults and abuses their customers in a manner that is beneath contempt. Criticizing people for their lack of command of any given language is low.

Not only that, but the licensing policy of this "firm" is dodgy to say the least. So I will not buy this product, but will wait for the JF offering that looks miles ahead of this "thing".

There is this thing called justice. And it needs to be served to SSW.

Sorry for the rant.

Johan

I also quit dealing with them after insulting language. Which came after having problems working their purchasing system. Moving on...
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Ok, the previous several posts about Skunkworks contain disparaging comments that are definitely against the guidelines for all SOH forums. Issues with developers should be handled in the support section of the developers website. Constructive comments are always welcome. Destructive comments are not. Enough said.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I think Stovall is completely right. Making a factual statement in a constructive way is quite different from what happened in some of the above posts: venting one’s individual frustration. Don’t use the forum for that; go to a friend or fellow simmer and blast away in private, not in public. Everybody is entitled to his or her’s own opinion, but rants on public forums give me an extremely negative feeling and sometimes make me abandon a thread altogether. Besides, they not have the effect that the poster apparently wants: they increase my feelings of sympathy for the developer who is attacked and I start remembering my positive experiences with that developer, concluding that things cannot be nearly as bad as the poster suggests.<o></o>

I am only a bystander so maybe my thoughts aren't worth much, and I think of times past when I have unwittingly acted the same way as a developer trying to give support so I would stand condemned by my own words as well. Very much regretted. But is it really all that one sided? Is it really so hard for SSW members to swallow the cutting remarks I have seen from some of them and go the extra mile instead to try and help the customer get around his problem? The few times I have learned the lesson and bent over backwards to help someone out, even to doing personal one on one Skype and email sessions, setting up custom debugged gauges and such to try and diagnose the problem has brought an immense amount of satisfaction when the problem is resolved and the customer is happy, especially when there is something on their system that is standing in the way of the code doing its work.

On the other hand, I can appreciate the frustration that the customer may have, since he doesn't have the technical eyesight that us developers have. I sometimes feel like I am talking to a baby because the most simple words I can use are often beyond their most advanced understanding. But venting frustration makes it a bit worse. The more my feathers get ruffled, the harder it is to swallow my pride and keep calm enough to consider all the possibilities including the one that I have messed up somewhere. So to Zsolt I can appreciate your frustration, but an already proud SSW is only going to get their hackles raised further and be less inclined to help you.

@Stickshaker sometimes it is an outright pleasure to help someone because the problem is quite easy to solve and/or they are reasonably technical themselves, or are at least polite and patient themselves. But when the customer is lacking in some way or another, it is going to take more on the developer. And this much I can say. When I have successfully solved the problem for an impatient customer, my request that they be a little more polite and patient with me when coming with their problems tends to go much deeper than if they get turned on with cutting words, and they are easier to help the next time.

And as for the SSW members here, would you give up so easily and turn on a child simply because your understanding is so much more developed than his? It helps to view the vast contrast between yourselves and your customers and extend your patience and caution with your words accordingly.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hi,
    for sure there will be the practice bombs avaliable as loadouts.
    Regards
    Emanuele
    Excellent news

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Very good points, Naruto-kun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Any news on the Tornado?
    Hi,
    we are working hard on it. Soon some news and screens.
    Best Regards
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hi,
    we are working hard on it. Soon some news and screens.
    Best Regards
    Emanuele
    Just one sentence:Keep it comming! ;-)

I beg to differ. There are a lot of people whose opinion I respect on these forums. If they , for whatever reason, have had a negative experience with a payware developer, I appreciate knowing this before I commit my own money. Frankly, if somebody had a bad experience with Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, whomever in the auto business, people would not think twice about knowing this information, subjective or otherwise. I see little difference here.

Im not into false accusation or name calling, but if a fellow simmer experienced some frustration for whatever reason, I like to know. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I beg to differ. There are a lot of people whose opinion I respect on these forums. If they , for whatever reason, have had a negative experience with a payware developer, I appreciate knowing this before I commit my own money. Frankly, if somebody had a bad experience with Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, whomever in the auto business, people would not think twice about knowing this information, subjective or otherwise. I see little difference here.

Im not into false accusation or name calling, but if a fellow simmer experienced some frustration for whatever reason, I like to know. But thats just me.
    Thank you ejoiner. We simmers are consumers and therefor we have rights. Thank you so much for pointing that out.

Johan

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The issue between Zsolt and SSW was resolved this month, please back OT gents!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi to all,

we want only to inform you that at SSW we have decided that our "PA-200 Tornado", toghether with our own weapons system "vACMI", will be also "TacPack" compatible (Both FSX and P3D Academic Version)

Best Regards

SSW Staff

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TP_Powered_zps0t4hmer8.png   vacmi_zpsdvvilmsc.png  
    Last edited by Pluto12; May 12th, 2015 at 12:46.

Tacpack compatibility is great news! I have seen the pics on SSW facebook page and the outer model looks impressive. Can't wait to fly it.

That's a very good news, it's always a great thing to have the possibility to choose!
    Looking forward to ride it soon!
    Cheers

...a bit OT, but it would be great to have a Tacpack-enabled Zipper....

Members who have read this thread: 32