P-3 Thread continued... - Page 19
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: P-3 Thread continued...

Do any of you know where the anti ice switch is in the VC?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Can someone direct me to the download for Grey Eagles version? Lots of skins in the library but no plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Can someone direct me to the download for Grey Eagles version? Lots of skins in the library but no plane.
    If you are wanting the Basic Version of the KBT P-3C Orion here is the link:
    BTW: I take no credit for the "skins" I up loaded here; I only modified some areas of those textures so as to be compatible with the V3.1 P-3C.
    The basic P-3C was done by Team KBT. The only skin I did myself was the VP-4 Hi Viz. I am still tying to correct the fuselage roundels. Almost there.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a3dfc...BPfSCze5eH2stw

As far as I know so has grey eagle not done any version of the model itself. The models are part of the KBT packages you find the download link to in this thread.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    As far as I know so has grey eagle not done any version of the model itself. The models are part of the KBT packages you find the download link to in this thread.
    I just posted the link ^ (#453) as this tread has many pages now.

One of the more famous Norwegian Orion incidents during the cold war was the crazy interception of a Soviet Flanker of P-3B "602" over the Barents Sea on 13th Sept 1987. After some hazardous close formation flying by the Soviet pilot, he crashed into the starboard outer engine. This resulted in propeller fragment damage to the fuselage of the Norwegian bird and the fin of the Flanker. The Norwegian crew managed to land safely at the forward airbase at Banak. Amazingly this Orion is still flying today in the Spanish AF.

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_287.shtml

Yellow propeller tip as on seen on most of the Norwegian P-3s

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

hehe, I seem to remember the USN has some experience in that regards as well... Pretty hazardous anyway to try to fly in close formation with a P-3 for fast jets. And I believe the Norwegian procedure is to go as slow as possible if intercepted to make it even less of an option. That did sort of backfire on the incident above though...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I think the soviets had the same idea, slowing down and weaving with the An-12s. Not exactly easy when the interceptor is a F-104.

hehe, I seem to remember the USN has some experience in that regards as well... Pretty hazardous anyway to try to fly in close formation with a P-3 for fast jets. And I believe the Norwegian procedure is to go as slow as possible if intercepted to make it even less of an option. That did sort of backfire on the incident above though...
    Same for ours... The EP-3. Chinese fighter kept making high speed passes under the right wing trying to scare the crew. On the last pass, he crashed right into the two starboard props on the way by... Killing himself, and forcing the Aries to land on Hainan Island, where the crew was held in captivity for two weeks I believe. The EP-3 was handed back over to the US months later, completely disassembled by the Chinese.

This time not fictional.
    Please have a look to the Add-on Library.

Bernhard.

Quote Originally Posted by baernhard View Post
    This time not fictional.

Bernhard.
    subarashi 素晴らしい! wonderful!

Thanks is on my side.
    It's a great pleasure, to work and fly with your girl .

Bernhard.

Quote Originally Posted by baernhard View Post
    This time not fictional.

Bernhard.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!! She's beautiful.

USA Fuselage roundels fixed

I managed to get a few US Roundels fixed on the fuselage. They now look the way they are suppose to - same-o same-o for the wings. WIP on other textures.

Attachment 5851
    Attachment 5852

Great :-)

I'm in the process of remaking my textures into 2048x2048 textures. A lot of work, but I think the visual difference is well worth it. Now it is actually possible to read most of the stencils...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Same for ours... The EP-3. Chinese fighter kept making high speed passes under the right wing trying to scare the crew. On the last pass, he crashed right into the two starboard props on the way by... Killing himself, and forcing the Aries to land on Hainan Island, where the crew was held in captivity for two weeks I believe. The EP-3 was handed back over to the US months later, completely disassembled by the Chinese.
    Actually, it was literally chopped to large sections with chain saws by an American crew. I watched a video of the process; don't know if I should say where I saw the video....not sure if it was classified. The engines were removed first. Then the wings cut off, tail and cockpit followed. The fuselage was loaded into a C-5 (I think). All other sections were loaded onto another transport and flown home. I was told that every part of the airplane was completely destroyed when it returned to the states. Don't know if that is true.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Actually, it was literally chopped to large sections with chain saws by an American crew. I watched a video of the process; don't know if I should say where I saw the video....not sure if it was classified. The engines were removed first. Then the wings cut off, tail and cockpit followed. The fuselage was loaded into a C-5 (I think). All other sections were loaded onto another transport and flown home. I was told that every part of the airplane was completely destroyed when it returned to the states. Don't know if that is true.
    My brother who works at NADEP JAX witnessed the rebuilding of that plane. Like the flight of the Phoenix, it flew again.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    My brother who works at NADEP JAX witnessed the rebuilding of that plane. Like the flight of the Phoenix, it flew again.
    That is really good to know. It must have been one hell of a job to fix that plane. Really speaks well of NADEP Jax.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I think a large portion of the aircraft was flown back in a Russian transport. A special dolly was made for that purpose, which was constructed in Ellijay, GA , where I was living at the time. NC

Completely opposite of the original account that the Chinese disassembled the plane. Since the plane was returned to service and is flying to this day I doubt it was cut into pieces with saws. That kind of damage wouldn't be worth repair.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Not sure if I missed it but is there a paintkit available?

If no kit is available could someone please do some RAAF Orions in their original scheme for both 10 and 11 squadrons as well as the lo-viz paints.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Something to have in mind when making Orion schemes is that most users keep their birds very clean. For example I know that in Norway the birds get washed down after more or less every over sea mission as an anti corosion messure. I would imaging most other serious users would do the same. For the same reason the paint is kept in pretty good condition as well.

Of of course we might see some more ditt buildup on birds used for overland missions from forward bases. But in general I think the P-3s are pretty good looked after.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Not sure if I missed it but is there a paintkit available?

If no kit is available could someone please do some RAAF Orions in their original scheme for both 10 and 11 squadrons as well as the lo-viz paints.
    The paint kit was prepared.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ks.php?catid=4

Something to have in mind when making Orion schemes is that most users keep their birds very clean. For example I know that in Norway the birds get washed down after more or less every over sea mission as an anti corosion messure. I would imaging most other serious users would do the same. For the same reason the paint is kept in pretty good condition as well.

Of of course we might see some more ditt buildup on birds used for overland missions from forward bases. But in general I think the P-3s are pretty good looked after.
    I still think a fresh-water rinse rack (used by P-3 bases) would be an awesome animated addition to sceneries! NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	5892

Members who have read this thread: 194