Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 68
Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 185860616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

I thought I would post this video flying the GAF Dak!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    That SOUND!!! Music to my ears and what a beautiful airplane Ted!!! You guys are the pros from dover!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quite incredible - inside and out!!! I'm hoping the paint kit for this beauty will be made available along with the release (as and when). Many of us have our favourite liveries we'd like to re-do!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Adam I'm very sure you can start painting with Manfred and Teams DC-3 .. I have a few I wanta do myself just for a during the week break ... good thing it is all on one template making it so easy

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Adam I'm very sure you can start painting with Manfred and Teams DC-3 .. I have a few I wanta do myself just for a during the week break ... good thing it is all on one template making it so easy
    Hi Ian - as you can imagine, it's ZK-DAK that I'm planning on updating. Can any of the beta-testers confirm that the new exterior model will work with the old livery textures/templates?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Adam , That is well worth knowing, but I'm very sure it will after all the paints and liveries that popped out after MJ released the original package, I'm not testing this one tho I should have put my hand up early.

This cockpit and sounds are absolutely amazing. Although I haven't seen it in any of the videos, I am hoping that the cowl flap switches are operational. I have never been a fan of having to use the drop down menu to operate the cowl flaps.

Bill

Yes, they are indeed operational and more.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Hi Ian - as you can imagine, it's ZK-DAK that I'm planning on updating. Can any of the beta-testers confirm that the new exterior model will work with the old livery textures/templates?

Adam.
    Old liveries will work on v3 as I use the GAF repaint in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by billhuntsman View Post
    This cockpit and sounds are absolutely amazing. Although I haven't seen it in any of the videos, I am hoping that the cowl flap switches are operational. I have never been a fan of having to use the drop down menu to operate the cowl flaps.

Bill
    Video showing the functional cowl flap switches.

Jan-

That cowl flap video has me salivating.... I am so ready for Cox's Bazaar and the Hump and the transcontinental routes and Villavalencia and Anchorage and.... Well you get the idea .

For the team- this is only encouragement NOT impatience... Lest anyone feels like offering up glad chidings of joy

Best- C

Thank you for the cowl flap video. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Bill

Maybe it's time to consider the "Carenado Approach" = release it and let the rest of us (End Users if you like) finish the beta testing.
    Works for them.
    Besides: pretty soon I will be too old to squeeze into the cockpit. How do I know?....because I did four hours of touch and goes one HOT afternoon in Imperial Valley, CA. Roomy it aint.

Question about the Sperry AP. I remember when the coding problem came up and the "In Op" piece of tape came up.
    Will this be fixed? Any progress?

Thanks
    CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

CK Compass Shrummpass and auto pilot who need em when ya a true mountain 'Dak pilot' , eyeball virtual flying .. get ya self into trouble then fly out of it ... mind you New Zealand is not so vast, you tho ... may need a bigger map table to

Before Start Checklist with voice!

In the menu you can see that I activated the voices for the Before Start Checklist. If your aircraft is setup before you start the checklist, you pretty much don't have to do everything. As you can see in this video, I have some items not set. So I had to set them and the voices will activate when those items are checked and continue to the next item. Voice can be selected on or off in the menu.

Looking a Smoothie with superb affects, funny when I had a Jump seat back from Wanaka NZ .. it was only on a strapped canvas seat .. LUCKY to get the ride home on ZK-AMS , From Wanaka back to Wigram Christchurch , course had a couple of well known DC-3 NZ peoples , Alister and Trish , Dave co-pilot .. course all the envious passengers in the back

Quote Originally Posted by tufun View Post
    in the menu you can see that i activated the voices for the before start checklist. If your aircraft is setup before you start the checklist, you pretty much don't have to do everything. As you can see in this video, i have some items not set. So i had to set them and the voices will activate when those items are checked and continue to the next item. Voice can be selected on or off in the menu.

magnifique!!!!!!!

Voices and checklist

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    In the menu you can see that I activated the voices for the Before Start Checklist. If your aircraft is setup before you start the checklist, you pretty much don't have to do everything. As you can see in this video, I have some items not set. So I had to set them and the voices will activate when those items are checked and continue to the next item. Voice can be selected on or off in the menu.

REALLY COOL!!! Can't wait. Everyday I check here to see if the link to the download is here yet. Thank you for posting the videos. What software are you using to record them for uTube? (Hope this is not off-topic).

Really cool

Ah, wonderful! I like that bomp sound when the controls get to their limits. Gotta note that down...!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKen View Post
    Question about the Sperry AP. I remember when the coding problem came up and the "In Op" piece of tape came up.
    Will this be fixed? Any progress?

Thanks
    CK
    Had the same question, thanks for posing it.

Ken, Paul, coding of the Sperry AP is in progress. It will probabely not make the Beta though but we have a good alternative to keep you at cruise altitude and heading in the mean time.

Final testing of the V3 Beta 1.0 version is going well. We expect to have a release candidate pretty soon. Start cleaning out your DC-3 hangars..

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Ken, Paul, coding of the Sperry AP is in progress. It will probabely not make the Beta though but we have a good alternative to keep you at cruise altitude and heading in the mean time.

Final testing of the V3 Beta 1.0 version is going well. We expect to have a release candidate pretty soon. Start cleaning out your DC-3 hangars..

Cheers,
    Jan
    Great news!!!
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Dose it come with the smell of near eighty your old airplane or do we have to light a candle of Kero and oil just to really get the honest real smell driving one off these out of the parking lot

This project is going to be worth the wait
    Thanks to all those most talented men working on this project

Members who have read this thread: 133