Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 19
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272969 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

i like myself a good humber snipe myself...or a citroen traction avant.....get my german staff car on....or maybe a good mercedes G4??.....oooooooooooooo mercedes 770.....or back to reality..Citroen 2CV.....thats the ticket..

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Ok fellas, this is a thread about the forthcoming VVC for Manfred's wonderful C-47 so how about we get it back on track. If the need to discuss sports cars and others I suggest you open a thread in the Cantina.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Totally agree. Let's get back "ON-Topic", PLEASE.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Stop bumping it, you are creating false excitement. :P

Look forward to this DC-3 VC. Great work by all involved.

Hoping someone can do a repaint of Delta's DC-3 (Ship 41) for either the latest DC-3 or C-47 freeware model out there.
    Here's a link to some pics - http://www.deltamuseum.org/explore/a...t/dc-3-ship-41
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Jan:

Would you be able to share just a small glimpse into your progress? I have been Dakota Dreamin' for months now, and counting sheep no longer works....

Best- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan:
    Would you be able to share just a small glimpse into your progress? I have been Dakota Dreamin' for months now, and counting sheep no longer works....
    Best- Carl
    Can imagine that, Carl, but nothing spectacular to show just yet. Hansi is coding and drawing the gauge plates (due to circumstances Hansi has to work on a lower pace than before ), i'm doing animations, that'll keep me busy until Hansi sends me the new stuff. Once that happens the project will advance more quickly.

Keep the faith,mate. Myself i am patiently waiting for the PMDG DC-6 for more than 2 years now...

Promise the DC-3 VVC won't take that long.

cheers,
    jan

Cheers Jan! Just thrilled to hear of continuing progress.... It's good to hear you're waiting on the DC-6 as well .

Best wishes to you and Hansi. I (and I imagine legions of your other fans) check here daily and will continue to do so until I can ease into your cracked leather seats....

C

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Keep the faith,mate. Myself i am patiently waiting for the PMDG DC-6 for more than 2 years now...

Promise the DC-3 VVC won't take that long.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfHptym_hXE
    All great things take a little time.

Blog Entries
    Like all your projects, Jan - it'll be worth the wait!

DL

. . . while we're waiting . . . can I seek some consensus on the production year (or thereabouts) that the 'newer' VC that we currently have applies to (as opposed to the WWII era one that Javis at al are working on)?
    Thanks.

Well, it's based on the Basler BT-67 VC, so that would make it... c. 1990? A guess on my part. Maybe Manfred or others can confirm or deny.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    . . . while we're waiting . . . can I seek some consensus on the production year (or thereabouts) that the 'newer' VC that we currently have applies to (as opposed to the WWII era one that Javis at al are working on)?
    Thanks.
    I know Garmin introduced the GNS 430 GPS in 1998, so I'd say 1998 to present day.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Indeed, the current VC main panel is based on a cockpit shot of one of the last airworthy civilian C-117's. The Garmins are a good clue. And the Basler turboprop-specific gauges were replaced by ones suitable for radials, with some artistic licence.

(Im)patienlty awaiting Jan's authentic version...

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Indeed, the current VC main panel is based on a cockpit shot of one of the last airworthy civilian C-117's. The Garmins are a good clue. And the Basler turboprop-specific gauges were replaced by ones suitable for radials, with some artistic licence.

I had thought that the fuel control panel originated with the Basler conversion - was it in use in late C-117's as well?

Re: the authentic version - yes, sharing your (im)patience...

-- Saint-Exupery

Thanks Alan, Manfred and Stan for your replies.
    I was wanting to figure when to 'schedule' an upgrade for my hauling companies using DC3 variants - looks like they will need to 'love' the early cockpit for a l-o-n-g time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I had thought that the fuel control panel originated with the Basler conversion - was it in use in late C-117's as well?
    The fuel panel and most of the overhead fittings come from the FSX C-117 model, itself originating in the Basler (identical length, no. of windows etc). But no resemblance to the real thing that I am aware of. You can see pictures of C-117's on Basler's apron (Google Earth), but there's only a faint chance that any of them were ever updated to the BT-67 cockpit.

Thanks, Manfred - good to know the lineage.

Am flying mostly modern/recent paints at the moment. Once Jan gets us deeper into history, the vintage paints will come out of the hangar.

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

hi,
    if is possible to use the vc from the older v1 in that plane in the time we wait for the new one.

i do not like the basler cocpit,it´s well made,but for me to modern.............

thank´s for all your nice work......

cheers
    ralf

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    hi,
    if is possible to use the vc from the older v1 in that plane in the time we wait for the new one.

i do not like the basler cocpit,it´s well made,but for me to modern.............

thank´s for all your nice work......

cheers
    ralf
    Good question. I had the same thought!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Bump

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

This "bump" nonsense is about as funny as a tailgater on the highway - it should be banned from the forum.
    It is not friendly, it is aggressive, insulting, and shows no respect for the developer.

MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    This "bump" nonsense is about as funny as a tailgater on the highway - it should be banned from the forum.
    It is not friendly, it is aggressive, insulting, and shows no respect for the developer.
    I totally agree. I've always hated this "bump" thing.

If the developer is prepared to spend dozens/hundreds of hours of his precious time for our ultimate enjoyment then a friendly message that would take only minutes to post would go down much better.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

In the recent past some people weren't able to find this thread anymore. As there currently isn't anything to report in this thread it might become become "invisible" for those who have selected just to look at last months threads. So personally I think its great free service from Pat. Its easier to ignore a thread you are not interested in than to read a thread you can't find.

Just my personal opinion,
    Huub

I don't see the harm
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 133