Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 70
Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Cape Fear NC

Hey, was that you I heard overhead this afternoon at Cape Fear NC? I ran out and looked up but you were already gone. When's my turn to fly?

R

Window sizes seen from inside the cockpit

I suggest to check the window sizes. The proportions do not look correct. In my view the verticals left and right from the center should be moved a bit outward.
    Thanks
    Hartwig

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Hey, was that you I heard overhead this afternoon at Cape Fear NC? I ran out and looked up but you were already gone. When's my turn to fly?
    Yup, I saw you down there. Waggled the wings.

Press your uniform, Captain, polish your shoes, get out your flying gloves, and make sure your flight pubs are up to date.

(But don't be disappointed if there are delays. We never know what may crop up as final tests progress.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hartwig View Post
    I suggest to check the window sizes. The proportions do not look correct. In my view the verticals left and right from the center should be moved a bit outward.
    Thanks
    Hartwig
    You mean the movable windscreen windows ? From which screenie or video do you get this impression, Hartwig ?... Remember that if these windows are not completely in view (like in the screenshot on the former page) you might get a wrong impression...

Check out this screenie here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1030559

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    You mean the movable windscreen windows ? From which screenie or video do you get this impression, Hartwig ?... Remember that if these windows are not completely in view (like in the screenshot on the former page) you might get a wrong impression...

Check out this screenie here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1030559
    From all the DC-3's I've been in, the windows look spot on to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From somebody who took a few photo's NAILED ! ... scary part is the wait

Any crazy chance the front door in the nose could be opened? Always thought that was neat on dc3s. Btw she looks perfect in every aspect...including the cockpit windows...dead on if you ask me. Only thing better would be the option to have the blue exhaust flames for night time takeoffs. Just an honest question but...would that be difficult to add an effect like that to where you could turn it on or off for night/daylight takeoffs? Not trying to be picky i honestly dont know how it all works..would be an awsome thing though..kind of a trademark dc3 thing you see at night..always loved that

Quote Originally Posted by surfguru View Post
    Any crazy chance the front door in the nose could be opened?
    Be ideal with a step ladder model as well .... on a few NZ Daks there was a little round 4/5 inch window ... you were only a foot plus before the propeller tip, that was a sight

The focus on v.3 is Jan's VVC cockpit. Nothing changed from v.2 except a few bits on the radials. I'm sure you guys don't want further delays to add more features.

A few P3Dv3.3.5 Orbx pics around Copenhagen, Denmark!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looking Superb Ted , It is going to be interesting to see the result and replies to this DC-3

I'm sure there will be plenty comments, suggestions, etc., ...

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I'm sure there will be plenty comments, suggestions, etc., ...
    Probably not for a while after release. Everyone will be too busy flying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Probably not for a while after release. Everyone will be too busy flying it.

Maybe after frying a few radials... watch those gauges folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Jan, I´m looking at the two front windows left and right from the center.
    Pls. enlarge the attaged screenies wich are both taken from the threat.
    Thanks for your marvelous work.
    Hartwig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orig. Cockpit on page 8 of SOH threat.jpg   Javis.vvc on page 29 of SOH treat.jpg  

We've been waiting for this this for 3 years. They are almost to the point of releasing it. SHUT UP ABOUT THE WINDOWS ALREADY !!! THEY ARE FINE !!
    SHEESH !!
    Not laughing at all...
    Sue

Im sorry but i agree with penzoil3...the windows look spot on to me..its time to get this bird off the ground

Different viewpoints Hartwig: the screenshot is taken from the pilot's viewpoint, as if sitting in the left seat; while the black & white photo is taken from the fuselage centreline, a little behind the line of the seats (you can see the pilot's seat top corner in the photo.) Perspective is bound to be different comparing pictures from different positions, heights and distances.

And that's not even considering FSX's slightly weird goldfish views...
    Last edited by hairyspin; July 17th, 2016 at 08:47.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hello gents and ladies. As release nears (soonTM), the team thought, in addition to fumigating your hangars and poring over scrounged reference materials trying to suss out the size of various aircraft parts, you might like to have the chance to RTM. Should give you a better idea about the new features, and a head start on learning her peccadillos.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20C-47v3.pdf

Not that appetites on this need whetting....
    Last edited by griphos; July 17th, 2016 at 06:35.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Hello gents and ladies. As release nears soon (TM), the team thought, in addition to fumigating your hangars and poring over scrounged reference materials trying to suss out the size of various aircraft parts, you might like to have the chance to RTM. Should give you a better idea about the new features, and a head start on learning her peccadillos.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20C-47v3.pdf

Not that appetites on this need whetting....
    great
    gracias desde España

yes there is a little difference

but is insignificant to me, I'll accept also if be as this or similar

Again, you can't really tell anything from these pictures at these angles. If you look at the top of the post, you will see, in both pictures, that they are both about the middle of the left-most light switches on the overhead.

I think this silly talk about windows has gone long enough. If you don't like the windows, you need not fly it. I'm pretty sure most people will be quite happy with the simulation. I know that, for me, a model I loved and flew a great deal in the v2 version, has been significantly improved and is a true delight to fly. Serious and genuine thanks go to a rather talented and generous set of developers who kept at this despite numerous obstacles and have produced a truly exceptional model of an iconic aircraft for our hobby.

I totally agree with you Griphos and with Sue(pensoils) post particularly.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    hello gents and ladies. As release nears (soontm), the team thought, in addition to fumigating your hangars and poring over scrounged reference materials trying to suss out the size of various aircraft parts, you might like to have the chance to rtm. Should give you a better idea about the new features, and a head start on learning her peccadillos.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20c-47v3.pdf

not that appetites on this need whetting....

merci beaucoup - great job

The DC-3 looks excellent including the windows. Am excited to fly it!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Icon9 Also looking forward to release - but without the abuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    We've been waiting for this this for 3 years. They are almost to the point of releasing it. SHUT UP ABOUT THE WINDOWS ALREADY !!! THEY ARE FINE !!
    SHEESH !!
    Not laughing at all...
    Sue
    Sue, no need for you to get abusive with anyone on this forum surely? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is it really TOO late to perhaps make any late improvements.

Isn't that what the Beta testing was for? I'm sure Hartwig is as desperate as for it's release as you and I both are. The DC3 is, for Hartwig and I, the ONLY aircraft we normally fly, so we probably know more of it's handling and looks than in fact you do.

If you read the post first instead of shooting from the hip you will see that this gentleman did actually ask if it was a big change then never mind.

Let's stop being premadonnas here and welcome any feedback, both positive and negative. Or are you one of those types on Facebook that feels they have to 'like' everything?

Kudos to this excellent team and glad to see we are almost there with the delivery. It's been a while. lol

Members who have read this thread: 133