SSW F84-F Thunderstreak ("The Hog") ready for the sky.
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SSW F84-F Thunderstreak ("The Hog") ready for the sky.

SSW F84-F Thunderstreak ("The Hog") ready for the sky.

Hi all,
    We are glad to announce that our "Hog" is ready for the virtual skies.
    Hope you will enjoy.
    Cheers,
    /Alessandro.

The SIM SKUNK WORKS is proud to present the model of the REPUBLIC F-84F "Super Hog". This model is at the top of our technology, it shows innovative and unique features, such as texture "redux", 3D lights at continuosly variable intensity, the Dynamic Drag Index concept and much more.
    We are confident that our users will find it very interesting. Like all SSW models the F-84F SSW is freely downloadable and can be used fully for a limited time, to remove the limitation you must purchase an activation key.
    The SSW F-84F came in two version for FSX and P3D v. 1.4, it will be fully compatible with P3D v. 2 very soon.
    Model can be downloaded using the SSW site at:
    http://www.simskunkworks.com
    You need to be registered, registering is free.
    We recommend to read and follow installation instruction reported on site main menu.
    To help a faster download we have provided also a fast mirror:

http://ssw-f84f.dyndns.org/.../SSW-F...taller-FSX-1.0...

http://ssw-f84f.dyndns.org/.../SSW-F...taller-P3D-1.0...

Take in mind that our servers can serve up to 30 clients at time, so you may experience delay and/or slow downloads.

MODEL
    =====
    High detailed model, fully animated
    High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
    Frame rate friendly in single and multi player, it cames in two versions:
    - 'SOLO' for single player use
    - 'UBUNTU' optimized for multiplayer
    - Complete dynamic 3D-lights systems both internal and external

TEXTURES
    ========
    High detailed, high definition, full "redux" SSW technology, 13 different liveries plus Italian team "GETTI TONANTI", one of the best texturing ever seen.

SYSTEMS
    ========
    - Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing is
    - Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane
    - DDIS (Dynamic Drag Index System), aircraft performances, speed, fuel consumption, acceleration depend on stores loaded and weight.
    - Fully functional APG-30 radar with target lockon and target range information
    - Aircraft configurator for payload and refuelling
    - Air refuelling in both single and multiplayer mode, in single player a KC-135 tanker can be called during flight
    - Payload fully congruent in both single and multiplayer mode
    - Aerodynamic pitch up and inertia coupling reproduced
    - Payload drop actually changes airplane weight, balance and drag index (DDIS)
    - A-4 gunsight system reproduced:
    * Manual and automatic bombing system
    * Rocket launch
    * Air to air gun firing with manual and auto range using APG-30 radar
    * Continuosly computed lead angle for gun firing
    - Special weapon delivery system (LABS, will be implemented on the next version)

WEAPONS ON MULTIPLAYER
    ===========
    - Model runs nicely on multiplayer, it loads, drops/launch MK83/Rockets/Gun, weapon drop/blast and missile launch are visible both in single and multiplayer mode with no or negligible FSX server clogging, tested and verified with up to 15 players and weapons.

OTHERS
    ======
    Model comes with complete docs:
    - Normal/weapons procedures checklists
    - Real aircraft manual
    - Other useful docs
    - Support forum account
    - All version 1.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
    - Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
    - GPL (restricted) licensed

RELEASE NOTES:
    - Togheter with F-84F we distribute also the freeware KC-135 that can be used to training yourself on aerial refuelling both on single and multiplayer mode. The KC-135 can be freely downloaded from SSW site
    - SSW F-84F S runs flawlessly in FSX - ACC PACK and PrePar3D 1.4, can't work properly on FSX SP1 or SP2.
    - It will be fully compatible with P3D v. 2.0 very soon
    - It will be compatibel with vACMI soon
    - Minimum system requirements: INTEL QuadCore, 4 Gb RAM, 1.5 GigaByte available on HD
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Good looking aircraft.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Oh dear, this looks nice...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Cold War Heavy Metal !

Awesome..!..can never have enough Cold-War-Heavy-Metal...just checking how much 'flexibility' is left
    on the ol' Credit Card due to Christmas shopping. It's still looking good, so next stop......the Skunk-Works !

Fly High..Punch Holes in the Sky!

Walt

OH ooo Jimmy Jillickers .. Someone has taken the THUNDER out and put it into Christmas <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Nice! Time to dust off the book "Stranger to the Ground" by Richard Bach.......

Cheers,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Hank, have you read 'Jachtvliegers in de koude oorlog' by Steve Netto? It has some great stories about the Thuderstreak and - flash (And every other aircraft) in the RNLAF service.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Extremely slow download. Still trying to get it for a demo fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post

Cheers,
    Hank
    One of the great books on flying for sure. It's like a mini manual for flying this plane, too.

-steve

A little update:

Many simmers already tried to fly this bird in P3DV2. We did all the developing with FSX/P3D 1.4 SKD's,and we are going to start testings to make it fully working with the new sim.

In these hours we released a rush patch to solve the problem for the black cockpit glasses:

http://www.vaafse.org/.../F84F/SSW-F84F-P3Dv2-patch-1.0.exe

Again,we have to review deeply all the systems and features to ensure full compatibility with the new sim,but we think to finish all the upgrades very soon.

Thanks,

Alessandro.

Well, I've all but given up on trying to d/l. Tried numerous times now and it will time out every time. Too bad, as it looks really nice. Maybe I'll try in a week after the initial rush dies down.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I managed to get it earlier, but there's an issue.
    Every time I try to run it the sim keeps going into pause.
    Hit pause to release, and it immediately goes back into pause again.

I've had literally no time to evaluate at all.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Dave
    The same issue here.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Dave
    Yes,it's a matter known.

The time trial is 8 minutes,to evaluate if the product is ok for your hardware.

We think is enough to check the specs of your PC and give a general look (and a startup,for the Hog is very quick,plus in 8 minutes you can easily get airborne).

Cheers,

Alessandro.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Yes,it's a matter known.

The time trial is 8 minutes,to evaluate if the product is ok for your hardware.
    For me it doesn't happen after eight minutes, but more like eight seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    For me it doesn't happen after eight minutes, but more like eight seconds...
    Uhm..It sounds strange. Let me investigate and I'll give you an answer.

In which version did you managed the "short trial"? FSX,P3D 1.4 or P3D 2.0?

Thanks

Yes me too, the trial lasted for about 1 minute and I am using FSX.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

In which version did you managed the "short trial"? FSX,P3D 1.4 or P3D 2.0?
    FSX with Acceleration.

- - - - - OK Guys,bug found - - - -

Thank you all,and aplologize for the inconvenience.

Shortly I will post a link with the patch.

/Ale

That great news .. a patch , it dose look Mighty

Ale , the patch worked but for a canopy that wont close but i guess now go to your store and credit you for the "Hog"

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Ale , the patch worked but for a canopy that wont close but i guess now go to your store and credit you for the "Hog"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Ok Ian,to close the canopy:

1) pull the yellow lever back to unlock the canopy,than pull the lever forward to approximately half run (in vertical position,more or less,and hear the spring sound);

2) Pull down the canopy (use the round knob in the right inner frame of the canopy) until you hear the contact sound;

3) After lowering the canopy,complete the run of the yellow lock lever to it's complete forward run (and hear another sprooooinggg sound).

It's a little bit tricky but it corresponds to real one (I tried it personally on a real Hog).

Enjoy..

....And I think we will see early the next question: "how to operate flaps,it seems they not to work properly"
    Last edited by PLUTO16; December 15th, 2013 at 12:50.

Ok Ian,to close the canopy:

1) pull the yellow lever back to unlock the canopy,than pull the lever forward to approximately half run (in vertical position,more or less,and hear the spring sound);

2) Pull down the canopy (use the round knob in the right inner frame of the canopy) until you hear the contact sound;

3) After lowering the canopy,complete the run of the yellow lock lever to it's complete forward run (and hear another sprooooinggg sound).

It's a little bit tricky but it corresponds to real one (I tried it personally on a real Hog).

Enjoy..

....And I think we will see early the next question: "how to operate flaps,it seems they not to work properly"
    I have tried the handle to lower the canopy using the lever and it still fails , flaps work fine , I tried to get a link to the pricing and method to pay as well , this also keeps bouncing back saying it dose not recognize the address .

EDIT : I'll go through your list for canopy close .. quiet a bit to it .. ill put your what to do on other PC and follow your instructions .
    Last edited by Ian Warren; December 15th, 2013 at 13:03.

Members who have read this thread: 151