Thicko's F2A Buffalo vs Icarus' F2A Buffalo?

Thread: Thicko's F2A Buffalo vs Icarus' F2A Buffalo?

FlyTexas

Question Thicko's F2A Buffalo vs Icarus' F2A Buffalo?

I'm considering purchasing the IcarusGold F2A Buffalo but would like to know how it compares with the freeware F2A Buffalo by Thicko. Here are a few pics of the Thicko model. Can any owner of the IcarusGold model share any pics? Thanks!

Brian

Lightbulb

Differences are negligible....

wonder why

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Differences are negligible....
    Thanks Panther. :ernae:

Brian

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    wonder why
    Did Thicko build the Icarus model, too?

Brian

I know Thicko built some of the Icarus planes...not 100% sure he did the F2A but I am pretty sure he did.

Thicko's models are nice, and have superb VC details. I am working on his Northrop Gamma 2-E and bringing it up to FS2004 (nav lights, VC lights) and the plane works great in FS2004 and the VC is superb for an older model.

OBIO

IIRC Thicko also did the Nakajima Type 91 and Kawasaki Ki-10 for Icarus as well; the similarities to the freeware versions are too great to ignore. Excellent aircraft.
    OBIO, are you working on the 2d panel too for that Gamma? Any way we could get a panel that doesn't remind one of the default CFS2 F4U Corsair?:wave: You are right however; that Gamma is a neat plane

I will be working on a better 2D panel....my panel making skills are lacking, but I will search high and low for a more fitting panel and modify it to produce a better "Gamma" panel.

OBIO

Budding panel designers looking for good bitmaps can find a ton of help from AlphaSim and Phil Perrott over at AvSim!

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=83871
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Is the FM correct for FS2004?

Cees

I jsut installed Thicko's F2A-3 Brewster into FS2004. All animations work. The plane looks good. But it will not fly. It will start up, taxi, gain speed...just won't get off the ground....not even with full flaps. Definitely needs a FS2004 flight dynamics set. If I still had air wrench I would run the air and config files through it and see what it would do to get the plane flying...but since I lost all my sim stuff yesterday I am currently without it. Will have it back soon, once my new HD arrives and is installed.

Thicko's Gamma 2E, on the other hand, flies very very nice in FS2004 without any modifications. Just needs some FS2004 lighting (in place), a better 2D panel (on the list of tweaks) and some new skins (working on currently).

OBIO

Just grabbed one of the Alpha Sim free ware panels....one of the Japanese ones...to use on the Gamma. Still need to do some modifying and put the gauges in place, but already this is a huge improvement.

OBIO

FlyTexas
    I'm flying (in FS2004) the Buffalo modified by AF Scrub. The file name is f2a3.zip and can be found at Flightsim.com. The file was posted on 12-22-2008 so it's pretty current.

Brian

Thanks for the tip FlyTexas...just downloaded and going to install.

OBIO

I threw the airfile from the AH Boomerang in there and she flew great :gossip:. Though you'll have to go buy the Boomerang. Problem is after getting the Boomerang, you may forget about the Brewster :faint:

LouP :typing: